community moderators

In the spirit of discussing what shall now be discussed, discuss! Share your absurd, funny or even lauding stories about the PWE support/moderation, we're sure you have some! Direct quotes of messages are absolutely allowed.
puddles
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVE

community moderators

Post by puddles » Mon Jun 08, 2015 20:36

There was a post in the forums asking about voting out a moderator. Lewstelamon01 replied

Community Moderators
Perfect World Entertainment makes use of community moderators to enforce the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. Moderators may not issue infraction points, suspensions, or bans, but may remove the content of posts which are found to be in violation of these rules and policies. Community Moderators are selected by members of the PWE Community Team. The community may be asked to participate in selection of volunteer moderators, but the PWE Community Manager makes the final selection. When new moderators are needed, a PWE Community Manager will inform the community of how many moderators are needed and the application process. Community Moderators are unpaid volunteers, and their views and opinions may not reflect the views and opinions of PWE. In addition, as Community Moderators are not employees of PWE, their service to their community may be discontinued at any time they choose, or may be discontinued by a member of the PWE Community Team at any time and for any reason.

the part that interested me I've highlighted in Red above.

I am interested in getting the current moderator staff changed due to their heavy involvement in the NW_Legit_community. I believe their involvement in this closed community and their bias towards anyone that says anything negative about it should be grounds for removal. I also believe the way they treat people in the forums and selectively close threads under the pretext of a RoC or ToS violation should be grounds for dismissal.

i would recommend everyone write Strumslinger to voice your concern about the effectiveness of these moderators. Express your dissatisfaction with their actions in the game as well as the forums and ask that if they are going to continue to be forum moderators that they NOT be allowed to participate in an obviously NON-COMMUNITY channel like NW_Legit. Moderators should be un-biased but over and over the current moderators have shown they can not be trusted and will try to grab power both in and out of the game.

Svetlana Anesjka
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVP

---

Post by Svetlana Anesjka » Mon Jun 08, 2015 21:10

---
Last edited by Svetlana Anesjka on Mon Mar 27, 2017 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

kvetchus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: community moderators

Post by kvetchus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 21:05

I made a personal appeal to Andy that we hold new elections, since the community mods were of course elected by the community originally WAAAAY back in the day. This attached was something that happened to come up today, thought I'd enter it into the record since no doubt that thread will be nuked by the time I finish writing this. It "WAS" all a matter of public record, so I feel it's necessary to preserve it as such.
Attachments
2015-06-25_1700.png
2015-06-25_1700.png (69.77 KiB) Viewed 5165 times

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 21:28

Lews is a douche. S/he can do or say ANYTHING he wants, even violating the beloved RoC (I've seen him dress-down a user, who was simply calling him on his own bullshit). I no longer have the screen shot of that gem that eventually got completely deleted, and it was shortly after I had made a more formal complaint to the CM that I logged in to find this:
banned!.JPG
banned!.JPG (61.48 KiB) Viewed 5157 times
Nice.

Svetlana Anesjka

---

Post by Svetlana Anesjka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 21:41

---
Last edited by Svetlana Anesjka on Mon Mar 27, 2017 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

puddles

Post by puddles » Thu Jun 25, 2015 21:54

Lews is soooo funny

he is moderating out anything that makes him look bad
Kvet_quote.PNG
Kvet_quote.PNG (34.88 KiB) Viewed 5142 times

and then he comments about not quoting the mods. but the default quote button quotes everything, including the mods. its the freaking default.
quoteofquote.PNG
quoteofquote.PNG (15.64 KiB) Viewed 5142 times
he is completely out of control and needs to be removed ASAP.

of course he is bringing the community closer together. I can see the positive spin on this. a community bonded by their complete dislike of a moderator.

Kolat
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Kolat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 21:56

Should be interesting who/what replaces them... I can't say I envy anyone in that title/position! lol

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 21:58

puddles wrote:Lews is soooo funny

<snip>

of course he is bringing the community closer together. I can see the positive spin on this. a community bonded by their complete dislike of a moderator.

That happened right after Mod 6 too. People finally had enough and told him to go fuck himself. LIterally.. just like that. S/he must have been working 24/7 deleting all the "hateful" comments..

It was great. I laughed. A lot.

kvetchus

Post by kvetchus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:15

I was right - those posts were all deleted. Glad I recorded them :)

puddles

Post by puddles » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:18

Then there is the Vanilla forums
vanilla_forums.PNG
vanilla_forums.PNG (102.29 KiB) Viewed 5132 times
what a winner. i swear this company is trash. trash development, trash patching, trash moderators.

at least its consistent.

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:20

puddles wrote:Then there is the Vanilla forums
vanilla_forums.PNG
what a winner. i swear this company is trash. trash development, trash patching, trash moderators.

at least its consistent.
They weren't thoughtful enough to share a pretty picture with me like that.. just timing out the connection and not showing anything.

And hey! There's my avatar in the background! Yayy! I'm famous!

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:21

Oh.. legit question: has anyone noticed any backlash from the official forum on topics discussed here? Not that I really care if I get banned again, but it would be interesting to see exactly how close the monkeys over there are watching over here...

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:24

There it is!! :-)
overcapacity.JPG
overcapacity.JPG (34.72 KiB) Viewed 4697 times
Is the new
again.JPG
again.JPG (22.75 KiB) Viewed 4697 times

MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:27

I only wanna know: How many people playing Neverwinter that it is possible to kill a forum with the requests. If the game is so bad that people like you can hold such a big grudge it would have a small to mediocre community...

puddles

Post by puddles » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:29

instynctive wrote:Oh.. legit question: has anyone noticed any backlash from the official forum on topics discussed here? Not that I really care if I get banned again, but it would be interesting to see exactly how close the monkeys over there are watching over here...
I'm not sure.

But, i haven't seen anything about this in the RoC or ToS. but, i'm sure Lews could stretch one of the existing rules about quoting moderators and find a reason to ban all of us. He's that kinda guy/gal/Tran/Bot/?/

kvetchus

Post by kvetchus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:30

I wish I had taken screenshots of my thread about how cryptic has banned large guilds with their 150 account limit. Zeb directly said (the comment was later edited by... zeb... and removed after I called him out on it) that if he had his moderator powers, he'd edit the thread because he disagreed about my use of the word "ban"

I, of course, explained that changing the limit so that guilds larger than 150 can no longer exist IS a ban on large guilds, so the word usage is correct, regardless of whether it's being phased out or not. I was in NYC this week, I came back last night and this morning found... ta da! His powers restored, my thread title and various posts edited and the thread as a whole closed.

Two words: TERM LIMITS

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:33

kvetchus wrote:I wish I had taken screenshots of my thread about how cryptic has banned large guilds with their 150 account limit. Zeb directly said (the comment was later edited by... zeb... and removed after I called him out on it) that if he had his moderator powers, he'd edit the thread because he disagreed about my use of the word "ban"

I, of course, explained that changing the limit so that guilds larger than 150 can no longer exist IS a ban on large guilds, so the word usage is correct, regardless of whether it's being phased out or not. I was in NYC this week, I came back last night and this morning found... ta da! His powers restored, my thread title and various posts edited and the thread as a whole closed.

Two words: TERM LIMITS

I thought that was a good thread. My guild is mid-sized.. well, it used to be sitting right at 400 members, with 50-60 online at any given moment, but I've been bleeding members since Mod 6, and now we're sitting just under 200 strong. Hooray.

Kolat
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Kolat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:33

instynctive wrote:Oh.. legit question: has anyone noticed any backlash from the official forum on topics discussed here? Not that I really care if I get banned again, but it would be interesting to see exactly how close the monkeys over there are watching over here...
Not that I've seen, or I am aware of...

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:37

Kolat wrote: Image

I could watch this House gif all day long. :-)

Svetlana Anesjka

---

Post by Svetlana Anesjka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:47

---
Last edited by Svetlana Anesjka on Mon Mar 27, 2017 07:12, edited 1 time in total.