NW Forum Moderator Satisfaction Survey

In the spirit of discussing what shall now be discussed, discuss! Share your absurd, funny or even lauding stories about the PWE support/moderation, we're sure you have some! Direct quotes of messages are absolutely allowed.
Silverkelt
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: NW Forum Moderator Satisfaction Survey

Post by Silverkelt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 22:11

Big brother forums! Where they can interpret my intent and thoughts apparently.

I fail to see how Lame is albiest insult.. though our wonderful politically correct culture now a days.. who knows.

He still rankles me.

I wish they would just remove him and be done with it.

Shadowblade
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Sep 28, 2017 21:23

The survey is closed. Where can I see the results?
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion » Thu Sep 28, 2017 22:43

This was a scam.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Sep 29, 2017 00:28

Not a real poll?

How odd.
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

Nippers Meowington
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Nippers Meowington » Tue Oct 03, 2017 15:43

Took wrote:...while Zebular and Manic laugh at our powerless fury.
This really says all you need to know about the state of PWE:NWO moderation.

At what point does a survey drive or even meaningfully inform customer service improvement? There is no way a corrective action can avoid reviewing a mod's comment history.

Abusive language is kind of a double-edged sword... it's unprofessional to use it. And it's unprofessional to stop working and pout just because someone else uses it. Anyone who can't handle that shouldn't be in a customer-interfacing position. It's disappointing but no longer surprising that NWO mods (and devs) aren't held to that standard. And you don't need a survey to know that.

Nippers Meowington

Post by Nippers Meowington » Tue Oct 03, 2017 15:51

ambisinisterr wrote:people may take the survey multiple times if the usernames were not a requirement.
God you're fucking dumb

ambisinisterr
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by ambisinisterr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 15:07

How does the quoted comment justify that ad hominem?

If you are saying that even if such a requirement was imposed then people would still circumvent it, that should go without saying.

If you are saying that there should be anonymity while voting, I agree the votes should be anonymous if possible but surveys and votes which do not at least attempt to prevent people from participating multiple times have less credible results. This is why when you vote in the US you have to show ID and the voting booth notates you already voted. Some people do manage to abuse the system but there are at least basic systems to prevent abuse...

Either way, I'm willing to at consider concerns which are respectably presented and directed at my position rather than me. :p

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 17:25

That statement was dumb.

Nippers Meowington

Post by Nippers Meowington » Wed Oct 04, 2017 21:10

ambisinisterr wrote:I'm willing to at consider concerns which are respectably presented and directed at my position rather than me. :p
Go ahead, ignore any substance or facts as soon as your widdle feewings are hurt. This helps explain why you are so fucking dumb.

PiratePete
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by PiratePete » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:34

Nippers Meowington wrote:
ambisinisterr wrote:people may take the survey multiple times if the usernames were not a requirement.
God you're fucking dumb
Long time lurker across many of the forums. Broke down and registered here just to echo this comment. I know it's not nice. But with the state of the game, pending changes and those tyrannical fools Zeb and Manic I felt the need to vent.

ambisinisterr

Post by ambisinisterr » Thu Oct 05, 2017 22:06

Nippers Meowington wrote:
ambisinisterr wrote:I'm willing to at consider concerns which are respectably presented and directed at my position rather than me. :p
Go ahead, ignore any substance or facts as soon as your widdle feewings are hurt. This helps explain why you are so fucking dumb.
Takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings. In fact, my feelings have only been hurt once by the actions of the Neverwinter Community.

Substance would be explaining how that comment was dumb rather than repeating the ad hominem. :)
PiratePete wrote:Long time lurker across many of the forums. Broke down and registered here just to echo this comment. I know it's not nice. But with the state of the game, pending changes and those tyrannical fools Zeb and Manic I felt the need to vent.
I can understand the frustration but I am inclined to point out that I am not Zeb or Manic nor am I directly responsible for the state of the game.

Thanks for taking the time to at least express your frustration even if I believe it is not entirely accurate to agree that I my intelligence has something to do with the issues frustrating you. It's more of an explanation than given by the original claimant. ;)

Nippers Meowington

Post by Nippers Meowington » Fri Oct 06, 2017 02:39

Whew, the denial is pretty strong. When you take a shit eating tone with:
ambisinisterr wrote:I'm glad you thought out that people may...
...you're aren't going to get too much help figuring this one out. Edit: regarding repeating other's ideas, ambisinisterr has since clarified (in another thread) that is "likely something that has been repeated time after tiem and I am not going to credit every other person who has also expressed the idea over the last 5 years." Which is reasonable.

I know you've kissed so much ass trying to get paid position from PWE. But trying to outdo their pig-headed sensitivity isn't the way.
Last edited by Nippers Meowington on Wed Oct 11, 2017 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Fri Oct 06, 2017 06:55

See, this is exactly what the mods like to do, bicker and belittle and ban.

Nippers Meowington

Post by Nippers Meowington » Fri Oct 06, 2017 13:28

That's because mods are badasses, just like ambisinister

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 00:24

Nippers Meowington wrote:That, and you present others' ideas from this forum as your own on official forums, without attribution. Like, entire paragraphs, verbatim.
Really? Plagiarism? Does he do that?

I like the idea of stuff posted here that would be edited, deleted, canned etc on the Forum of Mao and Zebutard getting through to the Devs, but at least he could attribute the idea to its originator. Of course, he could not attribute the forum, as mentioning NWU is banned on the official forum. Also, if Zebutard, in his infinite, delusional insanity, considered it to be cross-posting, he could "issue an infraction" against another mod! :lol:

Although, infractions are committed, not issued. Warnings and sanctions are issued, in response to infractions, but we can't expect an educationally subnormal mong to be able to grasp that.

:P

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 00:27

Anyway, what were the results of the survey? TheHappyLion said it was a scam, but did we ever see any results?

Zebutard has to go, preferably in some horrible "accident" involving an olive-oiled rectum and a 12 foot spike, but I'd like to see the results.

PiratePete
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by PiratePete » Sat Oct 07, 2017 19:45

Yes, what are the results?

What I'm most curious about is how you got the dynamic duo (manic and zeb) to do so much work for so long, for free! I also find it comical that you allow them to respresent your organization in any capacity.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:32

Before this gets out of hand please keep in mind our "don't go beyond the username" rule. Shoving certain things up peoples' asses is very close to cutting through that wall, even if only added as cynical comment. We do not want to physically harm people.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

ambisinisterr

Post by ambisinisterr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 13:20

Shadowblade wrote:Anyway, what were the results of the survey? TheHappyLion said it was a scam, but did we ever see any results?
Scam is a very typical hyperbole coming from TheHappyLion.

This was answered at some point in the thread but the person who created the survey decided to move on from the game before he compiled any results from the survey. The only thing "scammed" was the time people invested into partaking in the survey.

I'm not going to look up the exact post but the reason he left the game was, if memory serves, a combination of being angry at changes to the game, losing many friends to other MMO's and deciding the survey wouldn't change policies anyway. I am NOT saying the survey wouldn't have changed the policies. I am repeating his words for the sake of transparency as I suspect I would be accused of some foul play for not specifying his reasons.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Mon Oct 09, 2017 14:29

It was a scam because now they have your in-game account name if you gave it to them. You really are stupid, amb. Also, fuck you.