Perma Banned from Arc Forums

In the spirit of discussing what shall now be discussed, discuss! Share your absurd, funny or even lauding stories about the PWE support/moderation, we're sure you have some! Direct quotes of messages are absolutely allowed.
Ceawyn
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Perma Banned from Arc Forums

Post by Ceawyn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 17:41

Well, I finally did it, got myself permanently banned from Arc Forums for a discussion that occured in a private thread between myself and the moderators. Apparently, the truth hurt. My initial post was pulled for stating that the entire reworking of hte bondings was an attempt to kill the game and drive people towards the new platform cryptic is working on for magic the gathering which was pulled under the guise of bashing the devs. Total bs but Kreatyve and Trips got really pissy when I called them out on it and told them they didn't represent the community and should step down. I had screen shots of the entire discussion but my phone is being dumb right now. Doesn't matter anyway not like the game will survive too many more nerfs.

Anyway, its been interesting.

Ceawyn

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: Perma Banned from Arc Forums

Post by j0Shi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 18:14

Welcome to the club :D. I would believe a lot of bans do not happen because of posted threads, but the "war" that ensues behind the scenes afterwards. In terms of intentionally killing the game: That's a bit too conspiratorial for me, but I think we can agree that the devs need to be a lot smarter to prevent situations where they have to nerf something players have worked for so hard.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Ceawyn

Post by Ceawyn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 22:28

It seems to coincidental that Cryptic getting the go ahead for their Magic the Gathering platform game game directly before their announced changes to the game. I'm not a fan of coincidence. But regardless, I was neither abusive nor in anyway derogatory towards the devs. I admittedly questioned cryptic's business model. Driving customers away is never good business after all.
Anyway, the entire thing with Kreatyve and Trips(whatever) was just too funny. I wish my phone was working properly so I could share it. oh well, I hadn't been on their forums for 3 months before this happened not like I miss anything.

Burlyfish
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Burlyfish » Fri Oct 27, 2017 23:03

I asked cryptic if there was anyway to delete my profile from forums without deleting my gaming account and they said no. So if you are perma banned on forums does that remove your profile and yet you can still play neverwinter ?

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 02:52

Banned from forums is just website access. The account doesn't get deleted.
"no logs, only fix"

PiratePete
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by PiratePete » Sat Oct 28, 2017 09:26

I can believe it, those guys are tossers.

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish » Sat Oct 28, 2017 17:18

beckylunatic wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 02:52
But does getting banned remove profile or just access to it ? Can others still see the profile after the ban does any agrees disagrees stay with the account or others you might have agreed or disagreed with?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 17:46

Burlyfish wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 17:18
beckylunatic wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 02:52
But does getting banned remove profile or just access to it ? Can others still see the profile after the ban does any agrees disagrees stay with the account or others you might have agreed or disagreed with?
That depends on whether you are shadow-banned as well. Straight bans don't remove any of your posts / dislike stats etc. Shadowbanning does.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 18:39

Your profile still isn't deleted though, but all the data related to it is only visible to mods and staff.
"no logs, only fix"

LancerOPM
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by LancerOPM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 20:40

Banned? you wont get your account back posting around here..

Nippers Meowington

Post by Nippers Meowington » Wed Nov 08, 2017 02:23

LancerOPM wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 20:40
Banned? you wont get your account back posting around here..
No way he can get his account back, period. Post away!

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 22:35

j0Shi wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 18:14
That's a bit too conspiratorial for me...
Pragmatically, I certainly will never even play another PWE game, never mind pay any real cash towards one. So if their intention is to drive people away to play their new game, it certainly won't work on me. So their "strategy" will fail, at least for me. Whether I can believe that this is actually their strategy depends on whether or not I think they are actually that dumb and underhand.

But people said the same thing about Mod 6. I persevered, but only at the cost of focusing on a single character for 8 months or more until he could run IWD again without being one-shotted by a Winter Wolf. Then I gradually resurrected other characters and started farming Twisted and Drowcraft/Dusk gear for all classes and have been playing Alts up to Mod 8 ever since.

That Mod 6 experience taught me several things:

1) Do not pursue BIS, just play for as long as it's fun. The goal posts will always move.
2) Never buy Zen except in a +25% Charge Promo. Treat it like a subscription.
3) Never spend Zen except in a 40/50% Zen Market sale. Treat packs etc like buying DLC in any another game.
4) Never trade Zen for AD to buy stuff on the AH that you can farm or make yourself in a few months.
5) Never buy AH stock and keep it in the bank for Alts when they reach the level cap. Mod 6 made all my Ancient Necromancer stuff etc worthless overnight.

I know my style of playing multiple 10.2 to 12.5k Alts is not for everyone, but at least I have fun and don't get so pissed off when they change things so radically. I don't even deliberately farm AD like I used to back in the day.

My latest change in play style is that after booning up a Swordmaster GF last year, I now find my IV GF more fun, as he can multi-mark with Threatening Rush and the Lightning enchant makes him an AoE beast. Not as much as the IV GWF, of course, who is also more tanky for some unfathomable reason.

:o
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Mr.Linux
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Mr.Linux » Wed Nov 22, 2017 20:43

Does the perma-ban from the forum carry over to the game or can you still play? I only made 1 post since joining 5/25/2015. It wasn't very controversial and more or less just a technical observation. If I had invested cash money into playing the game, that would have been a different story.

My room mate use to play this, shelled out a lot of dough, even has a guild in mothballs, alas Thomas Tusser said, "A fool and his money are soon parted.".

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion » Wed Nov 22, 2017 20:52

No, it doesn't.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 21:40

Being banned from Zubutard's butt cheek drippings and being banned from the game are two entirely different things. You could be banned from the forum just for not being a butt-munching retard who can see that 25 SuMoPs instead of 10 to get a weapon/armour enchant from Perfect to Transcendent is MORE expensive to the tune of 1.5 million AD, rather than cheaper as they claim.

But to get banned from the game you have to do something really heinous, such as opening free boxes during the Winter Festival or posting a link to the official Arc Forum preview bug thread from the Test Server to Zone Chat. Or suffer insomnia and play too much.

Permanent bans from the game usually involve more definitive evidence of botting, hacking or pirate transactions.

:x
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Dec 30, 2017 03:43

j0Shi wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 18:14
I would believe a lot of bans do not happen because of posted threads, but the "war" that ensues behind the scenes afterwards
Listen!

And understand.

That Moronorator is out there.

It can’t be bargained with.

It can’t be reasoned with.

It doesn’t know logic. Or truth. Or facts.

And it absolutely WILL. NOT. STOP.

EVER!

Until you are banned.

:x

Zann
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Zann » Mon Jan 29, 2018 16:40

Heeeey! I actually saw that post about the bondings. Congratulations.

Side note - I made a post about NW needing some mid level and event clean up. I made the mistake of referencing one of the devs' posts where they stated they knew the game needed that kind of an update, but it isn't a priority. Friday I was immediately and aggressively sent a warning over something quite silly. I apparently hit a nerve. Versus waiting for them to TOS violation me into oblivion, I told them I would voluntarily quit. So I guess that makes me the newest member of the family.

They really are something else over there.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 20:04

Welcome :D