NWO-Uncensored redirect to blog.nwo-uncensored.com

Fire away with all your general site and brand related feedback!
PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

NWO-Uncensored redirect to blog.nwo-uncensored.com

Post by PutzBoy78 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 17:42

Not sure what others think about the change and I know why you did it. But I liked being able to access the forums directly. Now i have use https://nwo-uncensored.com to access the forums, where before i could use type nwo-uncensored.com and get to the forums :p

Janne
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Re: NWO-Uncensored redirect to blog.nwo-uncensored.com

Post by Janne » Tue Jan 02, 2018 19:20

IMO it's more 'natural' that the main domain goes to the blog. Now with the new design, the articles and links I think it's what people look for and less these forums.

What perhaps could be done, is to make "forum.nwo-uncensored.com" redirect here to index.php
or even move it there?

And here on the forums, need a big link to the blog, I was using the link to the forums, and always would press the logo on top left thinking it will get me to the blog/main site (instinctively).
I know there is a "Go to NW unblogged" but it merges with the topic and I'm "auto filtering it out"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 21:04

I'm listening for suggestions. https://forum.nwo-uncensored.com/ is now pointing to the forum.

As Janne pointed out, the blog has developed into the main "feature" of our site, so redirecting there instead of the forum makes sense. And it's really only an issue if you've bookmarked nwo-uncensored.com directly or were used to come here through the root domain.

If you don't know the redirect, there's zero chance you'll find it through google or other referrals.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 00:54

its not a big deal, just have to retrain my muscle memory :p

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Tue Jan 09, 2018 21:34

The Forum-link at the bottom of the blog still points to nwo-uncensored.com, which is now the blog. So i typed in the adress, got redirected to the blog, which was surprising, tried to go 'manually' by clicking the forum link at the bottom and STILL ended up on the blog. For a sec i thought fforum was a goner o.0 Better fix this, is confusing af :D

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 22:23

STSchiff wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 21:34
The Forum-link at the bottom of the blog still points to nwo-uncensored.com, which is now the blog. So i typed in the adress, got redirected to the blog, which was surprising, tried to go 'manually' by clicking the forum link at the bottom and STILL ended up on the blog. For a sec i thought fforum was a goner o.0 Better fix this, is confusing af :D
Thanks, will do in a sec :)
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Tue Jan 09, 2018 23:36

Thanks alot, much nicer now :)
Good decision to change the main adress imo. Have struggled with em quite a bit before, but now that its clearly decided i can finally muscle memorise the thing that seems right :D

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 08:48

The subdomains are also consistent of what we're trying to do in the future. guilds.nwo-uncensored.com will point to our guild database etc. It's a nice way of "categorizing" content.