Idea: Gold vs AD tracker

Fire away with all your general site and brand related feedback!
two31
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Idea: Gold vs AD tracker

Post by two31 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 13:32

I think a tracker that gives an approximation of the gold:AD ratio might be interesting.

You could use the Auction House tracker to track the AD value of items that can be purchased with gold, and try to graph the rise and fall of the ratio.

The basket of goods could start with:
1. Healing potions (including Iceforge)
2. Injury Kits
3. Common profession resources (Solvent, etc)
4. Common profession assets (Worn Infantry Weapons, etc)
5. Common companions (Apprentice Healer, etc)
6. Common mounts (Appaloosa Horse, etc)
7. Skill kits

I suspect that many of these trade below the "best" ratio, and could be pruned from the basket as the data set increases.

two31

Re: Idea: Gold vs AD tracker

Post by two31 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 13:50

It might also be possible to track the AD -> gold conversion rate by tracking the AH price of Jeweled Platinum Statuettes and Priceless Platinum Bowls.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 14:12

Hey,

A gold tracker has always been something we wanted to realize using the method you laid out. The next version of our crawlers and the db will track all BoE items in the database, so this is something that can be easily done then and would require a whole bunch of extra work know.

Bottom line: It's coming.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

two31

Post by two31 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 17:25

j0Shi wrote:Bottom line: It's coming.
Cool. I wrote a script to do calculations of copper <-> AD calculations while browsing the AH, and it demonstrated that finding an average was feasible.

Yesterday's copper to AD conversion rate was around 60 +/- 10 copper per AD. This was consistent across quite a few items.

As expected, some items had much worse rates, particularly healing potions, presumably because they're being looted faster than they're being consumed. Interestingly, some extremely inexpensive items like Charcoal and Rock Salt had better rates (~15 copper per AD), but I don't know if they're being purchased in much volume.