amount of forums/sections

Fire away with all your general site and brand related feedback!
Rawlor
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

amount of forums/sections

Post by Rawlor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 14:04

Hello!
Just signed up and I think this is a good idea. The first thing that I noticed though is there is an overwhelming amount of different forums/sections to post things in. I took a look and wasn't sure where to start. Would it be beneficial to cut down on the amount and get it to a core few sections? At least while the site is small. I dunno, it's not my site, just a suggestion ;)

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: amount of forums/sections

Post by j0Shi » Sat Dec 20, 2014 20:59

Hey,

I agree and have stripped down theforumsand sections considerably. If some focal point emerges over time, we can still give it its own section.

Thanks for your input!
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

BHunter
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by BHunter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 05:57

I understand this is not my site, but I think with my suggestion players would find it easier and more pleasing to browse through this forum and generate more activities & participation.

The 10 sections that we currently have are too many. It overwhelms many newcomers with subsections and drive them away. The general behavior of forum readers is to look for 1 single section where they can read all recent quality discussions about this game without censorship (think Reddit). Notice the amount of activities in every game's General Forums - any game will be like this (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumd ... Discussion) - 400k posts on General.

Since this is a 3rd party forum created for open talks, we should narrow the sections down.

Here are some of my suggestions:

Start with Neverwinter Discussion section on top of NWO:UN - the opposite of what we are having now. This is a 3rd party site, people want to get to their information as quickly as possible, the objective of this forum is not to announce official news, but to hold open discussions in General section.

Neverwinter Discussion
  • General
    Leave as is
  • PWE/Cryptic Feedback
    Leave as is or Merge with General
  • Trade
    Leave as is.
  • Events, Tournaments & Channels
    Merge with General. There might be a time when there's too many people these, but it is definitely not now.
  • Media
    Merge with General. There might be a time when there's too many people these, but it is definitely not now.
NWO:UN The end result would look like this:

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Mar 11, 2015 17:55

Thanks for the suggestions. The general forum is pretty much the only thing that's used, so what you're saying makes sense. I'll look into it this week.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

BHunter
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by BHunter » Tue Jul 28, 2015 07:12

NWO:Uncensored wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. The general forum is pretty much the only thing that's used, so what you're saying makes sense. I'll look into it this week.
I know I was the one to suggest reducing the amount of Sections earlier. However, I think this new section will be beneficial to many viewers: Neverwinter Alternatives (other online game options).
And so posts like "And i am off to skyforge" would go right into it, and I intend to ask about other games as well.

This, of course, will be an off topic section not related to Neverwinter, but will contain unique insights into other games from viewpoint of Neverwinter players - which isn't available elsewhere. As Neverwinter players, we have been through the same experience, treatment, torment, & trauma; like strangers who are from the same country/school, there's that connection that we are able to make in comparison to what we've been through.

Also, what's your thoughts on deleting NWO:UN - News & Announcements & Events, Tournaments & Channels Sections? I don't think anyone has touched them since Feb 2015.

Jae
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Jae » Wed Sep 30, 2015 19:32

Would you consider adding an Xbox section.

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by beckylunatic » Wed Sep 30, 2015 19:54

Jae wrote:Would you consider adding an Xbox section.
Why would one be warranted?
"no logs, only fix"

kvetchus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by kvetchus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 14:03

Eventually, xbox and PC will be the same, they're only a mod behind now. Cryptic is compressing the time between module updates on xbox so that, eventually, they'll be on the same release timelines. Once that happens, it doesn't really matter if you play on PC or xbox other than maybe reporting bugs. I think it's probably not necessary to have a separate forum here for the different platforms - the userbase isn't big enough to support such a thing. I suggest if you have some platform-specific thing to talk about, just make sure to mention that in your post somewhere.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 23:40

Jae wrote:Would you consider adding an Xbox section.
I think http://www.neverwintertradeforum.com has a big Xbox section if you're searching for alternatives to the official board. Looking at the amount of posts around here, a new section for the Xbox does not make sense at this point. Please use the general forum.

Kolat
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Kolat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:22

kvetchus wrote:Eventually, xbox and PC will be the same, they're only a mod behind now.
kvet has the right of it here, and I'd say they are looking to release Mod 8: Underdark simultaneously for both. That's simply my opinion based upon the speed with which XBox has been being updated, they are getting the Leadership/GMoP-SuperiorMoP update this week themselves.