crowd source data collection for overflow rewards

Fire away with all your general site and brand related feedback!
beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

crowd source data collection for overflow rewards

Post by beckylunatic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 04:59

Subject that has come up before, but maybe it's more viable to toy with it now.

Would it be possible to create a simple tool where people could just input their results, which could then be aggregated? It only needs a short list of possible results, as I cannot imagine anyone cares what the breakdown of your rank 5s was, and a true/false indicator for power points.

I took a peek at the box builder, but it didn't seem applicable in this case.

I'd be happy to contribute to this data *if* it was made easy for me.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: crowd source data collection for overflow rewards

Post by j0Shi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:55

The box builder works and we have created a box with the possible overflow rewards. Everyone interested can now add tests to the box and contribute to the data. We made it public and set the minimum sample to one, so that you are able to input the overflow rewards as they happen.

https://www.nwo-uncensored.com/phpBB3/a ... gtests/229

The upper tier are the rewards, the lower tier the power points. Because sample sizes of all tiers have to match, there's a "Power Point" drop and "No Power Point" drop and one of these has to be chosen. You can also input the quantity of the Enchantments / Tomes if you like.

We had to set the value of the BtA Tomes to 1. This is a workaround for a current bug. Every drop needs a value and 0 is not possible, because then the toolbox will try to fetch the value from the database, fail to find the item (not listed as bound items in the auction house) and output an error.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 17:29

Cool.

Peridot and aquamarine are outdated rewards and never drop on PC, but I have seen XBox players claim to still get them, so I don't really know what to think there.

I'm a bit uncertain of exactly how to use the "quantity" and "drop amount" fields.

XP Tomes always drop in sets, so you get 5 player XP and 10 companion as a single drop (that's an IIRC I'd have to verify). So if you get XP tomes 3 times, quantity would be 15 and 30 (optional input) but drop amount in each case is simply 3?

Quantity could be a little thrown off by 2xEnchant events, but I suppose that's true of any enchant box data set.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 22:48

The tool is still not as intuitive as we'd like it to be. Giving users maximum freedom to design their boxes comes with certain usability downgrades. You got that correctly however. 3x5 Tomes is Drop Amount x Quantity.

It might be easier to understand in this case by connecting it to the second tier of rewards (the power point, or none). The Sample Size has to match. Putting five Tomes into Drop Amount would mean you'd need five power points or no power points to match the sample, and that obviously doesn't make sense for one overflow reward.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 23:00

Ok, yeah. Part of it is also that companion XP and character XP tomes are a single bundled reward.
"no logs, only fix"