Perfect World Compensates Players for Broken Seal Discount on Xbox with 2000 Zen

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: Perfect World Compensates Players for Broken Seal Discount on Xbox with 2000 Zen

Post by j0Shi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 13:37

I'm actually a little surprised this hasn't gotten more attention on the official forum / reddit / wherever. 2,000 ZEN for a simple mistake in a bonus event is rich, and the first time I've seen such a compensation. In comparison: Unjustified bans got two week of VIP last time, which is 500 ZEN. Apples and oranges, but still.

Did they completely chang their internal policy on how to handle fuck-ups? This almost feels like a little bit over the top.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Perfect World Compensates Players for Broken Seal Discount on Xbox with 2000 Zen

Post by TheHappyLion » Sun Nov 12, 2017 14:15

To me this sounds like they are in deep shit with Microsoft. You don't do this amount of damage control unless coerced.

Gemmed Exquisite
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Gemmed Exquisite » Sun Nov 12, 2017 15:05

Damn, if I knew that, I should have complained as well, instead of just taking it as Cryptic being Cryptic...

Pvu
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Pvu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 16:39

I wonder if console players have become a more important customer platform than PC. If their console revenues and playerbase numbers have become the largest segment of the game, maybe they saw this as preventing revenue loss. I wonder if they would have done this if the incident was only on PC.

Gemmed Exquisite
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Gemmed Exquisite » Sun Nov 12, 2017 18:56

Pvu wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 16:39
I wonder if console players have become a more important customer platform than PC. If their console revenues and playerbase numbers have become the largest segment of the game, maybe they saw this as preventing revenue loss. I wonder if they would have done this if the incident was only on PC.
Well, they have to do pretty much all they can to keep p(l)ayers on Xbox.

We haven't even gotten 12b yet, and we have already lost a lot of players due to the impending bonding nerf/buyback scam Cryptic is pulling...

Elmster
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Elmster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 22:40

One could theorize if it would be an attempt to inject ZEN into the economy. Right now the ZAX on PS4 is at 470 and it's the first time it is close to cap (assuming console runs a cap at 500). In comparison, during last summer crazy sales on everything, the ZAX was running at below 300. Now, I don't understand why they would want to lower the ZAX, as that makes a real money currency less valuable compared to a virtually earned one, and since people feed their families with real dollars, rather than the elemental alliance stuff we salvage, that would seem counter intuitive. For above reasons I don't even understand why there should even be a cap on the ZAX, but apparently there is *some* reason why cryptic would prefer keeping it at a < 500 ad/zen range.

Btw, I might have got the zen too, while buying equipment fully well knowing and not really taking much issue over the seal discount not working. I don't follow my zen balance too strictly, but I have 2700 zen in an expensive market, and I'm unlikely to have bought any extra.