Neverwinter Grind is Slowly Getting Out of Hand With Module 10.5

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

Neverwinter Grind is Slowly Getting Out of Hand With Module 10.5

Post by j0Shi » Tue Nov 08, 2016 17:03

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Logray2015
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Neverwinter Grind is Slowly Getting Out of Hand With Module 10.5

Post by Logray2015 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 17:27

I agree with this, the grind is no joke here, however this being only my first out of three MMOs i have played the others were no where near as grindy as this one. Its to the point i dont even play alts. I used to play at least 2 or 3 daily, now i am down to my main and 1 alt and that is only 2-3 quests on each, and grabbing VIP key daily. The passion of playing is just no longer there anymore, mainly log on to chat with friends i have made on here. Sad really....game used to be really fun

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by beckylunatic » Tue Nov 08, 2016 17:39

JFC yes I am exhausted.
"no logs, only fix"

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 18:31

the trick is your supposed to be done with those old zones and with stronghold progression. Leaving you time to farm new content. For those in less agressive guilds, yeah we still have to go to iwd to farm currency do daily influence, etc.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Tue Nov 08, 2016 18:35

"Supposed to be done" = "fuck you, Cryptic"
"no logs, only fix"

MinMax Fortytwo

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 21:26

Stronghold Influence Run = Must have for the guild

Sharandar Campaign grind for RPs, Coffer currency, Power Points and/or some AD gain = Never did it. Nice addition. Not a must have.

Dread Ring Campaign grind for Marks and Coffer Currency = It is one daily dungeon that takes 5-10 minutes and has a huge payoff.

Underdark Campaign Grind for Demonic Keys = After a certain time i didn't bother. Nothing i am interested is there. Even not the key, currently.

Maze Engine Daily for RP, RAD and Experience = Only do the weekly every once in a while. Don't see the sense to do it.

Storm Kings Thunder Campaign grind for boon progression = Daily bread. New campaign. New stuff to do and unlock

Relic farm for gear/boon progression = I don't know the problem some player have. I make 100K Voninblod in 1-2 hour. Okay i have every asset to max it but I saw other players in the official forum that make not much less.

Storm Kings Thunder HEs for gear progression = For what? The gear is not that great. We are already grossly overpowered. You can do it if you want the new shiny "best" armor in the game. But i am pretty sure it is outdated in a few month.

2x dungeons, 2x skirmishes for daily RADs = The real fun. Dungeons and Skimishs. Mostly done in 45-60 min.

Edemo for gear progression = Very low gear progression. After you get your twisted weapon set you should have enough +4 rings to be set. +5 Rings are totally overrated. But i understand the appeal of more orange stuff on the character sheet.

---
You should try to view it a bit of a new perspective. Push the agenda on loot from dungeons so you have another source of valid loot and progress. All the other stuff is most of the time optional and a nice icing on the cake. It is still a game. Do the stuff you enjoy.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Nov 08, 2016 22:39

PutzBoy78 wrote:the trick is your supposed to be done with those old zones and with stronghold progression. Leaving you time to farm new content. For those in less agressive guilds, yeah we still have to go to iwd to farm currency do daily influence, etc.
Imho you are never done with the old zones unless you are truly BIS. And even then most quests offer a decent time vs reward so there's a valid point of still doing them to add wealth to your account.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Nov 09, 2016 00:29

MinMax Fortytwo wrote:It is still a game. Do the stuff you enjoy.
Absolutely. I personally have become much more laid back when it comes to NWO. These are two separate things though. You can always skip progression and have fun and ideally fun equals progression. But in Neverwinter the progression system forces you to do certain stuff over and over again. I think you can argue whether this and that campaign is worth it / profitable, but they are all very much an intended part of the progression even after the initial completion.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 03:20

j0Shi wrote:
PutzBoy78 wrote:the trick is your supposed to be done with those old zones and with stronghold progression. Leaving you time to farm new content. For those in less agressive guilds, yeah we still have to go to iwd to farm currency do daily influence, etc.
Imho you are never done with the old zones unless you are truly BIS. And even then most quests offer a decent time vs reward so there's a valid point of still doing them to add wealth to your account.
Then its a matter of how to most efficiently gain wealth vs how much is that wealth worth to you versus your entertainment.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion » Thu Nov 10, 2016 20:41

Personally, I think the game would make great strides and become fun again simply by bringing back our beloved epics dungeons. They were fun. Simple as that.