Lair of Lostmauth Strategy Guide

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Lair of Lostmauth Strategy Guide

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 19:14

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Re: Lair of Lostmauth Strategy Guide

Post by TheHappyLion » Thu Apr 20, 2017 20:22

Nice walkthrough. But you didn't provide any solutions for dealing with the ridiculous amount of lag that is the core feature of the Lair of Lagmauth.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 22:11

not sure i'd call the fire ball, falling rock, into the dragon breath combo unlikely, much better chance of that happening than getting an epic reward from a lockbox

Thanks for the write up

Classy
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Classy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 00:57

The easiest way to complete the task is to aggro the first Golem near the entry and then run straight to the group of cultist in the top left corner.
That's the fastest way but easiest depends on the group.
The EASIEST way is to fight things one at a time; I know we're all mad over-geared for this dungeon but I assume there are still people who aren't. And in this case it is very important to go under the bridge (not to the left) to avoid the paroling groups; failure in this part of the dungeon is pretty much always due to a second group walking up on you while you're already fighting.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 16:34

Classy wrote:
The easiest way to complete the task is to aggro the first Golem near the entry and then run straight to the group of cultist in the top left corner.
That's the fastest way but easiest depends on the group.
The EASIEST way is to fight things one at a time; I know we're all mad over-geared for this dungeon but I assume there are still people who aren't. And in this case it is very important to go under the bridge (not to the left) to avoid the paroling groups; failure in this part of the dungeon is pretty much always due to a second group walking up on you while you're already fighting.
Very true, same with the right hand doorway path. After the double golems there is a mob on the next platform. If you are slow to kill the double golems they begin to roam. If your not that strong you need to wait and kill them when they come back. If you don't and you engage the final mob before the scorpions the roaming mob from the platform can come up behind you and give you a beat down. I remember this used to be a problem in mod 6 and I'm sure it still can be in 2k parties.

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion » Fri Apr 21, 2017 17:01

Resummoning​ pets after the lava bridge is also worth noting.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 00:33

can trs still reenter combat on the last boss? I don't remember a fix, just seemed it became unnecessary to do it.

MinMax Fortytwo

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10

Thanks for the feedback.

True the gathering of the Golems is the fastest but in my opinion also the easiest way becauste then you can also taunt the two other golems but it is not a must. If you stay in the upper left corner you should have time to kill the patrol before the first the golem arrives (he often takes his time to get to you) and then you can attack each golem one by one.

Yeah that with the companion I totally forgott to mention...

No clue if it was fixed. But yeah normally unnecessary to do and didn't saw anyone use it recently.