Maze Engine Campaign & Dungeons Fix More Mid Game Gaps

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

Maze Engine Campaign & Dungeons Fix More Mid Game Gaps

Post by j0Shi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 14:40

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Maze Engine Campaign & Dungeons Fix More Mid Game Gaps

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 15:48

The new seal vendor actually makes Eternal gear (the 61+ scaling stuff) available when it can be used instead of only at the WoD vendor, but it's in boxes so you have to gamble on it.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 16:43

beckylunatic wrote:The new seal vendor actually makes Eternal gear (the 61+ scaling stuff) available when it can be used instead of only at the WoD vendor, but it's in boxes so you have to gamble on it.
Are you sure the pack drops the Eternal gear? The name would indicate it, but all I got so far are blue rares of my level.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

whyrat

Post by whyrat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 18:22

The XP for helping characters progress from 60 to 70 does make sense, but I'd dread the idea of turning to dungeons to rely on XP. Running 3-man dungeons is already something people begrudge "grinding" for a quick daily XP. Many people log on alts to do a 2x ToS run for the two bonus AD rewards of ~5K each. A ~10 min run with 2 other random people through ToS for ~5K AD is an appealing option to many: it's always available with short wait time; predictable run-time; and for most players there's little chance of failure since it's low difficulty even in quest-given gear at lvl 60.

If the dungeons are now ALSO what people are expected to run as best XP / time option, it's going to turn up the notch on lack of variety in the game. Players have shown a tendency to gravitate towards the perceived shortest / easiest dungeon, and rarely deviate from that. They drive themselves into a rut and then quit. I still don't see the point in adding back in 4 leveling dungeons without putting in some mechanism to ensure they're all used (and not just the shortest / easiest).

How would grinding the same dungeon ad nauseam for overflow XP be an improvement over grinding vigilance quests?

I'd honestly like to see numbers for how much people run the dungeons a month after launch. I predict 80-90% of instances will be for just 1 dungeon. That would mean 75% of the dev effort spent toward ~10% of playtime, and players still shouting for more content... Doesn't seem like an efficient resource allocation.

In the long term players don't want content for content's sake. That's not a sustainable model. They want *variety* without having to sacrifice *rewards*. Or at least, without the perception that they're sacrificing their rewards (I could have done 2 ToS runs in the time it took me to do...).

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 18:36

j0Shi wrote:
beckylunatic wrote:The new seal vendor actually makes Eternal gear (the 61+ scaling stuff) available when it can be used instead of only at the WoD vendor, but it's in boxes so you have to gamble on it.
Are you sure the pack drops the Eternal gear? The name would indicate it, but all I got so far are blue rares of my level.
No, I was assuming. That's BS and should probably be added to preview feedback.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 19:19

I think there is already a chest in the Tyranny campaign that's called "Eternal" and doesn't actually drop Eternal gear. Granted, I haven't ever bought one because the tooltip refers to "equipment for your class and level". I think these two might be identical.

Eternalgate?