Portobello's Campaign Event Review: Trial Of Traps

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

Portobello's Campaign Event Review: Trial Of Traps

Post by j0Shi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 14:15

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

JayAgeDee
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: Portobello's Campaign Event Review: Trial Of Traps

Post by JayAgeDee » Fri Apr 08, 2016 14:30

Except the unskippable cutscenes and randoms who were just plain too dumb to get behind the drider's mechanic, it s really well made.

I saw 2 Gutbuster's Brigade main characters with 3.5 IL+ perma attack the boss for 5 minute straight (not exaggerated) without realising that they had to break the shield. My guild mate and I sat down on our thrones and watched. It was glorious.
"Riders of Neverwinter! What news on Preview?"

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 02:29

I would call out that there were a few not well explained aspects to the event:

1) weekly cap wasn't evident until you reached it
2) I do enjoy the notes it leaves instead of the accreditation
3) Hecklers do not stack, I send them to people I feel like trolling

I know this review was about trial of traps but (in my defense you did go off topic and talk about Heroic Feats of Heroism):
4) Heroic Feats of Heroism had a 24 hour cool down and didn't reset with the new day. This could be awkward for people with limited playing time because you would move a little later each day (I'd recommend it resets with the daily's)
5) Respens is a better source of dice
6) Respens is how you progress in the Respens campaign (I've had many questions about where to find the surveys and people not getting the Respen's variant that provides the appropriate survey for the campaign)
7) Respens campaign is lame, big deal we voted on our favorite flavor of mountain dew and got a title for it
8) Foot race was bugged most of the week
9) i like the cc challenge and dodging rocks (thanks elol for all the training)
10) The dps events are pretty stupid, I found no real meaning to them. Would be nice if it reported total damage dealt or something so you can brag/challenge your friends
11) BTW vendor prices of the pocket pet is pretty cheap and the dice is a pretty easy farm

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by beckylunatic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 02:32

At least for crafting feats, it's more like a 20-hour cooldown and you can move it slightly earlier each day, if your schedule permits. It's still a sucky system.
"no logs, only fix"