The Day the Angel of Protection Sold for 20 Million

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

The Day the Angel of Protection Sold for 20 Million

Post by j0Shi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 13:42

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: The Day the Angel of Protection Sold for 20 Million

Post by beckylunatic » Mon Aug 08, 2016 19:25

I can't remember how much I ultimately sold my first few angels for, but the price was still floating in the millions, though dropping rapidly. Found an old comment of mine in the linked poll referring to a future in which angel prices have completely tanked. Not that this was anything but inevitable. It's a really good Sword Coast Adventures companion, regardless.

Most of my level 70 characters have bound both an angel and a snowswift horse at this point, because selling potions for peanuts annoys me.

Dardove left after one too many money-grab/screw-the-player moves, but a large number of them happened in rapid succession and I'm not entirely sure which straw finally broke his back. I remember how keenly I felt his departure, because he had been that rare mix of enthusiastic fan and honest critic, and when the game crosses the line with someone like that and loses them, they *should* pay attention to what they've done wrong.
"no logs, only fix"

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 19:32

I think it was significant also because it was a healer. At the time the only healer was the gold one. Not until the Lillend came out did we get another option at healer, and people went crazy for the lillend also. Even though augment was still BIS.

Sharpedge
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Sharpedge » Mon Aug 08, 2016 20:23

At least the Angel didn't aggro the way the old cleric disciple did....I remember that thing pulling like half the instance in spellplague >.>

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 15:52

yeah the cleric disciple was balls. agro'd everything, healed very little, died often. If only I knew better when leveling. Now I tell new players to get a tank for the gold pet so he can take some of the pressure off or the wizard if you can handle your agro.

Janne
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Janne » Wed Aug 10, 2016 17:45

Actually I'm very sure he sold the first for 40mil, second 20, third 15.