Voninblood and the Difficulty of Introducing Refining for Armor Sets

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

Voninblood and the Difficulty of Introducing Refining for Armor Sets

Post by j0Shi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:56

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

two31
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Voninblood and the Difficulty of Introducing Refining for Armor Sets

Post by two31 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 15:14

I think the best sets should be empowered by items that can only be acquired through Masterwork crafting. :^)

silence1x
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by silence1x » Tue Aug 16, 2016 14:03

two31 wrote:I think the best sets should be empowered by items that can only be acquired through Masterwork crafting. :^)
I still don't think I'd start Masterwork :)

Empowering stuff is just like the regular grind - it's only there to keep you logging in.

MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 09:58

Masterwork Profession:

Give the NPC 500x Tier 4 ressources

Next

Give the NPC three rare items from rare profession tasks

Next: Unlock new recipes and get a new common asset (8% quality)

Get the NPC 12 new masterwork profession ressources. To get these you need special scrolls to find the nodes that cost 3,000 guild marks for 6 nodes.
Two of the low tier masterwork profession ressources in a quality 3 task have a 20% chance at best to get one of the necessary ressources for the NPC (if it fails you lose one of the low tier unrefined ressource).
Took me literally month to get 12 gold nuggets out of gold ore (you need about 60 gold ore for 12 gold nuggets because of the low chance).

Next: New recipe

The NPC wants 6 of the former ressources and 6 more refined ressources and it can be that you need another masterwork profession ressource (not raw material from the nodes, already refined material) to do this task. For me it was 6 Gold Nuggets and 6 Gold Bars. 1 Gold Bar needed 3 Gold Nuggets and an Acid i only get from Masterwork Alchemy which has also only 20% to succed (which makes it very expensive). The best is, the Gold Bar has also only 20% to succeed, if it fails you get only one gold nugget back.

And the worse is: THE NPC CONSUMES ALL RESSOURCES HE WANTS!!!

So you start by 0 again and again. And if you compare the gear from masterwork profession, it is already out dated as it came out. Since then i am always selling the ressources of masterwork profession. It is a useless grind.