How to Get the Required Everfrost Resistance for Fangbreaker Island

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: How to Get the Required Everfrost Resistance for Fangbreaker Island

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 15:32

One thing I think is interesting is that if you don't mind dropping some VIP tradebars for Frostborn gear, you can only get torso and boots that way, which means that you can't combine two pieces of tradebar gear with relic boots. The gear approach is inarguably spendy at this time, even though not required.

If they continue in the pattern they introduced with Dusk, the remaining pieces will be phased into the tradebar store at some point, possibly with a stopover as a common lockbox drop first.

Frostborn uses the same stat allocations as Dusk, which means the easily acquired items are good for some classes but not all. I really can't complain too much about buying the chest for my CW, but the pieces that would be good on a TR are not available for tradebars.

The tradebar pieces don't have overload slots, which means they're relatively easy to maintain their BtA status on, to use as hand-me-downs if working on boons for same-class alts down the road.
"no logs, only fix"

two31

Post by two31 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:03

About the cost of the reinforcement kits, this screenshot I grabbed from preview should give an estimate. However, it's an old screenshot, I haven't checked recently to determine if the prices may have changed.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:12

The prices for the Underwear definitely changed. Seems blue now costs as much as purple on your screenshot. So I'd assume the new purple costs would be twice as much. I don't think Voninblod is much of an issue, but the campaign currency is a real stopper. As stated in the blog it's going to be hard to enter Fangbreakers right after the unlock. You probably need to grind some more Supplies to get enough Resistance first.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:29

From everything I've read, they increased the costs of just about everything while simultaneously decreasing the amount of currency paid out by quests.
"no logs, only fix"

two31

Post by two31 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:31

j0Shi wrote:The prices for the Underwear definitely changed. Seems blue now costs as much as purple on your screenshot. So I'd assume the new purple costs would be twice as much. I don't think Voninblod is much of an issue, but the campaign currency is a real stopper. As stated in the blog it's going to be hard to enter Fangbreakers right after the unlock. You probably need to grind some more Supplies to get enough Resistance first.
Well, I just checked and the prices didn't change for my preview character. I suspect my character is getting a discount, although I only did the 1st "Restore Bryn Shander's Economy", 1st "Assist Refugees" and 1st "Drive Back the Giants". Speculation: the discount calculation sums these 3 tasks.

Edit: The supplies costs didn't go up, but the voninblood did.
Last edited by two31 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:34

Valwryn has shared a new shop screencap and some info here

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/never ... resistance
"no logs, only fix"

two31

Post by two31 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:53

Okay, comparing Valwryn's screenshot with my latest screenshot, I theorize that Valryn has completed all 3 tasks, 3 times each and the screenshot shows a 36% discount, while mine shows a 12% discount. So each task discounts your Voninblood and Supplies costs by 4%.

Emily
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Emily » Sat Aug 27, 2016 05:32

The information is very good and helpful , BUT i think that 28% is way to high :-(((( i run a few classes and there is no way i can do all this :-(((((((((( so now they will not even get to the area

puddles
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by puddles » Sat Aug 27, 2016 13:38

Its getting insane how much bag space you need. i need to carry armor specific to each region now if i want to be optimized for that region? so, want 24% frost resist... you need this build out and armor. need something else.... wear these other things. Seems like they are doing this with every release lately.. Its like Resists are becoming the focus of the Module, with the emphasis on selling bag space.