State of Fangbreaker Island and Some Guides

Want to give Feedback on our blog-work or contribute yourself? Get started here!
j0Shi
Site Admin

State of Fangbreaker Island and Some Guides

Post by j0Shi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 14:01

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Sharpedge
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: State of Fangbreaker Island and Some Guides

Post by Sharpedge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 15:35

I have been there and beaten it :p

PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by PutzBoy78 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 15:37

I have yet to go in... the boots haven't dropped for me once... lol

In fairness farming them is not that appealing so I've only done maybe 30-40 epic hes

I don't feel I'm missing anything. The window on the ten town supplies market will crash in short order

I guess the short of it is, I have enough other activities to do in game that I'm not going out of my way to access this content. If I can't reach the everfrost resist threshold in normal game play then I probably won't enter

And yes Sharp and I have talked and he explained to me that you can buy the kits on AH to get enough everfrost resist then farm the island to get your investment returned but I know I won't ever run the dungeon that much.

I'll probably just do my dailys in the MOD10 zones to unlock the boons and stick to my normal routine otherwise

silence1x
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by silence1x » Fri Sep 09, 2016 16:38

PutzBoy78 wrote:I'll probably just do my dailys in the MOD10 zones to unlock the boons and stick to my normal routine otherwise
This is my plan as well unless something drastic happens to the drop rate :)

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 17:05

The value of Supplies will definitely determine the viability of the dungeon. Everfrost Resistance will probably play a role in the next mod as well, but as long as campaigns and old content can be completed without it and FBI can only deliver items needed for FBI, the dungeon will slowly disappear in lfg.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Sharpedge

Post by Sharpedge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 18:25

Its worth noting that if like me you have all the price reductions unlocked, the EF kits cost 15 TT supplies which means you can potentially make 1 every run.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Sep 09, 2016 18:30

I wonder if I'll regret using all my 15%-off coupons for dragon keys by the time I can get there.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 18:30

Yeah but this is contributing to the decline as well. Slowly FBI will only be worth running if you have all the reductions unlocked and then turn completely worthless. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't help the stuff you can sell is also only important for Everfrost Resistance.

I've said it multiple times. The dungeons needs significant rewards not tight to Storm Kings Thunder. At least for everyone that completes it in 45 minutes. I can do three CNs with a half-decent group in that time and don't need another ten minutes to assemble a group. So for me personally FBI needs to net three times more than CN. It's already very close to not viable.

Sharpedge

Post by Sharpedge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 18:39

I know its a weird thought, but a dedicated healer could also deal with the first bosses dot effectively. A devo pally has no problems at all with the dot.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:34

I definitely don't think its for casual players. I run 2-3 dungeons a week, its hard to get a return on your investment when you run that few when most of the time those dungeon runs our to help a guildie who's gearing up (vt, elol, etos, or edemo). I'm not sure how many keys I have saved from VIP but I think it's in the 400+ range, that's a lot of dungeons I haven't ran.