NWO:UN Character Manager (Ratings Calculator)

Help improve our very own Neverwinter Online tools.
j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: NWO:UN Character Manager (Ratings Calculator)

Post by j0Shi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 17:31

Thanks for the report. I think I resolved the issue. Please double check as always :)
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Daze
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Daze » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:40

Yeah, it works, thanks you :)

UrzaPlaneswalker
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by UrzaPlaneswalker » Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:01

Love your work j0Shi. Minor bug: Fadeless walkers causes simulator to crash when you try to update.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 16:10

UrzaPlaneswalker wrote:Love your work j0Shi. Minor bug: Fadeless walkers causes simulator to crash when you try to update.
Thanks for the callout. It's fixed. The item has a conditional switch now. When activated it adds Life Steal, otherwise the Power.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 16:02

Hey guys,

The Active Bonus of the Energon is not currently working. It will with the next update. We however finally have parsed all gear from SoMI minus the Dungeon Key additions. Have fun with it!

Cheers!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 15:43

Changes v1.0.9:
  • Several custom and stat affecting Active Bonuses and Gear Powers now work in the ratings simulator: Brynnyr's Demise, Energon and Jarl's Gaze.
  • To represent the chance to Underdark Rings and Companions, Sudden Rings can no longer be slotted to Companions and those that are still slotted from saves do no longer transfer their stats.
  • Fixed several minor bugs when displaying Insignia Bonuses in the Simulator.
  • Insignia Bonuses that grant stat relevant enhancements can now be switched on and off or be incremented. The UI used is the one from the Underdark Rings.

Daze
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Daze » Tue Mar 28, 2017 14:01

Hi, have you an ETA for the mod 11.5 new calculation of item level in the tool if it's in project or not ?

Thanks in advance.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 14:24

I hope I can do most stuff automatically so it will be available asap after launch, but I haven't started to look into it. If the stats on all items remain the same and only the item levels are adjusted, it should be fairly easy. Otherwise...........

darthtzarr
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by darthtzarr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 19:44

Hey I think I might have finally found the right place to report bugs?

Rising Rings seem to be saved as Boolean values now, and don't keep their rising state anymore:
DC|Sylux [DPS]
GF|Immortal Defender [Support][Tank]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 21:00

wulfsaxin wrote:Hey I think I might have finally found the right place to report bugs?

Rising Rings seem to be saved as Boolean values now, and don't keep their rising state anymore:
Thanks, should be fixed now. Unless you saved the wrong boolean value, your save should still be intact and return the original stacks. Either way saving the stacks now should bring everything back to a normal state.

darthtzarr

Post by darthtzarr » Tue Apr 11, 2017 14:21

Could you add the Valhalla set to the artifacts dropdown?

Thanks a ton for the ratings simulator by the way. It's awesome.
DC|Sylux [DPS]
GF|Immortal Defender [Support][Tank]
HR|Immortal Sniper [DPS]

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Apr 11, 2017 14:40

Done, cheers!

dairyZeus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by dairyZeus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 20:37

Just started using the tool, absolutely love it. One thing though:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like multiples of an insignia bonus don't factor in diminishing retuns?

For example my second and third camaraderie both seem to give the same power bonus as the first one.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 21:05

Good catch, will look into it. Do you by any chance have some numbers how they stack?

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 21:20

I don't think it's treated in absolutes for every bonus, but RGutschera posted that subsequent uses of a bonus would usually grant 25% of the original, so you'd need all 5 the same for double the effect of using it once.

Movement speed bonus for 2x Gladiator's Guile is 18%.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 01, 2017 11:50

A quick update as the Shroud of Souls update is nearing: Both loadouts as well as the item level changes present a major challenge to the tool. I have started working on an update, but don't expect anything until mid May. I'm also using these big changes to revise a large part of the code, which is necessary to not get frustrated over time. It however adds to the amount of time needed to get stuff done.

Cheers!

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Mon May 01, 2017 15:03

I'd expect the burden of managing character loadouts to be primarily borne by the user? You already added the feature to copy a saved character. If a loadout is fundamentally different from your starting point, then it may make sense to start from scratch rather than use a copy. That's already very similar to the in-game feature.

But I may be missing something crucial in your intent with it.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 01, 2017 15:45

Unfortunately I need to restructure the data. One example: Boons were attached to the character and now will be part of loadouts (formerly layouts). So a whole bunch of functions have to be moved from the character to loadouts and looked whether they still do what they are supposed to (probably not). Also a few settings move from the character object to the loadout one for the same reason. And whenever that's the case, I have to code a migration object that makes sure old saves are properly converted into the new data structure.

You're right that thankfully much of the groundwork has already been done and I only need to tweak existing stuff, but alongside the UI changes it should still take 7-10 days of coding. Given I have the time, which is not always guaranteed.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Mon May 01, 2017 15:56

Sigh. You work so hard for this site.

"no logs, only fix"

dairyZeus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by dairyZeus » Mon May 01, 2017 16:49

j0Shi wrote:Good catch, will look into it. Do you by any chance have some numbers how they stack?
After the first of an insignia bonus, all subsequent bonuses of the exact same type are 25% as effective.

Example, Protector's camaraderie gives 3% per stack for the first one, and .75% per stack on each additional camaraderie.
However, the first protector's friendship would still give it's full 1% per stack as it's a different insignia bonus.

It's not a huge bug and probably shouldn't be a priority, just figure i'd mention that I saw it.

Edit, missed the post from becky where this was already stated. There may be exceptions that I'm not aware of either.