NWO:UN Character Manager (Ratings Calculator)

Help improve our very own Neverwinter Online tools.
j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: NWO:UN Character Manager (Ratings Calculator)

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 01, 2017 21:43

beckylunatic wrote:Sigh. You work so hard for this site.

No worries. Wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 01, 2017 21:43

dairyZeus wrote:
j0Shi wrote:Good catch, will look into it. Do you by any chance have some numbers how they stack?
After the first of an insignia bonus, all subsequent bonuses of the exact same type are 25% as effective.

Example, Protector's camaraderie gives 3% per stack for the first one, and .75% per stack on each additional camaraderie.
However, the first protector's friendship would still give it's full 1% per stack as it's a different insignia bonus.

It's not a huge bug and probably shouldn't be a priority, just figure i'd mention that I saw it.

Edit, missed the post from becky where this was already stated. There may be exceptions that I'm not aware of either.
Thanks, sounds like an easy addition then.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Daze
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Daze » Fri May 05, 2017 00:04

Thanks so much for your work !

If there was a way to contribute of cost of the site, i can participate*

*sorry for my bad english "apéro" time.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 15, 2017 22:33

j0Shi wrote:A quick update as the Shroud of Souls update is nearing: Both loadouts as well as the item level changes present a major challenge to the tool. I have started working on an update, but don't expect anything until mid May. I'm also using these big changes to revise a large part of the code, which is necessary to not get frustrated over time. It however adds to the amount of time needed to get stuff done.

Cheers!
Looks like I'll be on schedule. I more or less finished coding today and hope to finalize the loadout update this week. The upcoming version should also correctly stack the Insignia Bonuses.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu May 18, 2017 16:58

Changes v1.1.0:
  • The Character Simulator now fully supports ability scores like they work in the game. Meaning you have to pick a score roll as well as the bonuses from races and level ups.
  • To match the new ingame feature, boons have been moved to loadouts and can now be set for each loadout individually. Same applies to all feat related settings.
  • The gear settings can now also be adjusted for each loadout. This makes for some interesting options where you can set up a low-budget loadout without having to crawl through blue gear in other loadouts. Or planning builds for different mods on the same character.
  • Existing layouts in saves are automatically transferred to new loadouts. Boons and settings as saved will be applied to all loadouts. Since the ability scores significantly changed, those have to be set up again.
  • If you're having trouble loading your character or feel it was improperly ported, let me know. Do not re-save it, otherwise I might not be able to restore your original build!
  • Some very old saves no longer work with this update. You'll get an error message, have to delete the character and start over again.
  • The options to include level 60 sets in the Character Simulator was removed.
  • Mounts in the Character Simulator can now be filtered by Insignia Bonuses.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause items with custom stat effects to influence each other. This was a very theoretical issue as of now and should have little to no effect despite some outlier cases. But it makes the tool more robust to future changes.
  • Multiple Insignia Bonuses now correctly stack at 25% efficiency.
  • Boons and some companions already support the new item levels, all other gear does not. The item levels therefore are currently not working properly.
  • All Stronghold boons now come with level increments to support the new item level system.

breaksthings
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by breaksthings » Fri May 19, 2017 16:39

You're a badass, dude; these changes are fantastic.

Do you have an ETA on the 11b items making their way into the db?

There's two potentially mislabeled boons in the Cloaked Ascendency campaign, and one clearly mislabeled one.
  • The second boon lists "Crit" on a Critical Severity boon (all other Crit Sev boons list "Sev%", though so do LS Sev boons).
  • The third boon lists "Crit" on a Lifesteal boon, which is the clearly wrong one.
  • The capstone lists "LS" on a "heal on deflect" boon.
I know it would be a lot of work -- though the accurate roll selection seems to be a logical stepping stone towards it -- but it would be stellar to be able to view percentages in addition to raw ratings. I totally understand that gathering and coding around what each of the stats do for each class is a royal pain. I am happy to help any way I can. The "Base Crit%" field is gone now -- which could be seen as another indication that you're already working on this, or as an admission that without the ability to view %s it wasn't a meaningful field before.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 20, 2017 02:17

Hey thanks, stuff is noted.

No ETA, but I'll start next week. It's going to be a day-to-day process depending on how much time I have. But I sneaked some improvements into the last build that will hopefully make it a tad easier to duplicate items that are nearly identical. Like all these new Masterwork armor sets ;)

dairyZeus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by dairyZeus » Wed May 24, 2017 18:32

breaksthings wrote:You're a badass, dude; these changes are fantastic.
seconded.

I also have a minor thing I noticed.

I love that I can select metallic dragonborn now, but when I switch between regular and metallic dragonborn, my power and crit stats change.

Both these races have the same dragonborn fury racial for power and crit, so I'm thinking I shouldn't see any changes. The only difference i should see is a gain in Hit points when going metallic, which does appear to be working.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed May 24, 2017 18:41

Thanks, I'll look into it. Also: Can anybody confirm that the HP bonus from Metallic is working ingame? Imho it was bugged for the longest time.

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by beckylunatic » Wed May 24, 2017 18:46

I saw player confirmation of the fix that finally went through for it, and no resurgence of complaints, so I assume it still works since then.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed May 24, 2017 18:59

Merci

DRoma82
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by DRoma82 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48

This tool is awesome!

However, I'd really love to know how removing DEX and investing in INT would impact on my Resistance Ignored, and what changes I'd have to make in my offense slots with dark enchantments to compensate for that. Similiar issue with DR: how much defense I really have to maintain to reach the 95% cap.

But the tool does not seem to provide any information on RI or DR. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54

No it does indeed not have percentages. This is something I've been working on and actually have it completed locally. Should come with the next update.

DRoma82

Post by DRoma82 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 15:29

Wow, that will be great. Really looking forward to it!
Do we have an ETA?
Thanks!

DRoma82

Post by DRoma82 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:25

Also, can someone check why it states CON 27 and DEX 23, when it should be CON 25 and DEX 25?
app.php/nwountools/character/simulator/2177

Thanks!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:44

DRoma82 wrote:Also, can someone check why it states CON 27 and DEX 23, when it should be CON 25 and DEX 25?
app.php/nwountools/character/simulator/2177

Thanks!
You chose 16 16 12 as stat distribution. The first roll is applied to the primary attribute, CON in this case. The second to the first secondary attribute, STR, in this case. For CON/DEX 25 you need 16 12 16.

No ETA in the next version. Not this week, not next week is all I can say.

Cheers!

DRoma82

Post by DRoma82 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54

Thanks! That did the trick!

UrzaPlaneswalker
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by UrzaPlaneswalker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 13:39

Sword knot choices are missing for Companion (ex. sellsword) :(

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 14:10

UrzaPlaneswalker wrote:Sword knot choices are missing for Companion (ex. sellsword) :(
God, these item level changes drive me nuts :mrgreen:

Gear is back ;)

breaksthings
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by breaksthings » Fri Jun 23, 2017 19:31

Hey j0Shi --

Found a few bugs -- first is super easy to verify, second I'll try and isolate the cause of later.

1) all boosts to the movement stat are being doubled by the ratings calculator. The first Dread Ring boon adds 500, R12 dark enchants add 1400, purple insignias of vigor add 400.

2) my item level is over-estimated by like..around 1500 right now. Unfortunately it looks like I didn't save that loadout in the manager. I'll re-create it and then toss you a link too, but it listed me at 14k+, while in-game I am 12.8 rn.

Thanks for all your hard work! I am a software developer myself, so I am reporting these solely out of a desire to help, and in no way as criticism of a really wonderful tool you have built.