Black Desert

OT discussions about games other than Neverwinter.
MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Black Desert

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 16:20

Kellemaniac, you seem a special kind of retard so lets quote something for you:
MinMax Fortytwo wrote:It seemsthat Black Desert Online went full Pay2Win. (didn't play it but like a week ago a huge number of videos poped up at youtube in form of a player protest)
So instead of attacking me with your passive aggressive bullshit (that you did all the time while you where a moderator), you could have made a proper explaination.
I only quoted informations from the video. Some of the videos also say that the community is split about the decision of the publisher/developer.

To the interesting stuff.
Yes, Neverwinter is basically pay2win because you can completitly bypass the time investment. BUT it is a free2play PVE game. Which means you benefit from players that invested in the gear, the only point where it would be relevant is PvP and the PvP Community is very small (and the game missed PvP updates now several month so it is not like THAT big of a feature).

Black Desert Online is another problem. As i said, i don't play it. I was very interested in the game and wanted to buy it by the end of the month. But after hearing the following i am not willing to spend also money on that game.
Black Desert Online is an Open World Sandbox game where you already paid 40 Bucks. It is the complete opposite of Neverwinter. It has very little PvE content and concentrates more on PvP, Crafting and Trading.
I heard it can be pretty grindy but thats the way of MMORPGs. In Black Desert Online you can conquer cities from players and gain power. If i recall correctly it has a Duel System and later on there are a lot of Areas with activated open world PvP. I don't know if this update is live on the European Server but in the Korean Version there should be Dungeons you can explore but they are related to the Areas you controll with your guild, through PvP.

People made already an outcry because of the Loot-Pets and it is kind of understandable. A huge part of the game is, like i said, grinding and you must loot all the stuff from the ground. An auto loot pet saves you time. Which means player with auto loot pets can kill more monsters then players without an auto loot pet hat means = more money in form of ingame currency.

Now they have basically something similar to our ZAX. Which means: A huge pile of silver can change the owner that didn't played the game and only spend Euro/Dollar on it. Of course the question is: How will it impact the game? I can imagine that it will shake some things up, but later be less relevant because the remaining community simply adjusted to it.

Also I don't believe in your numbers. And numbers are here, at this point, are not relevant because the point of the whole youtube protest of the community was because of the betrayal of the publisher/developer. They said they wouldn't do such a thing. They said they made more money than they expected, like so much that the game is funded for the next year. The ingame shop where you can only buy stuff with real money would do really really great.

And now they introduced another form of monetization which allows you to directly influence the ingame economy with your wallet. Even if it is currently a small amount an individuell player can gain, it opens the door to a lot of problems. MMORPGs have always problems with Botter and Exploiters.
Now these people can get cash shop items. Be already more efficient then the remaining community they gain more power and more influence and doesn't even need to spend further money. What would stop Gold-Sellers to also sell Cash-Shop items, they have now access to it and they can sell it cheaper then the original Publisher/Developer.

Also, if they started to use this monetization system, do you really think they will not expand it? Do you think they will turn back?

Kellemaniac
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Kellemaniac » Mon Aug 29, 2016 13:01

Of course iam aggressive towards people, who claim to have a large amount of knowledge about a game they never touched. "Limited pve Content", playing 3 months, didnt even reach the requirement AP/DP to face worldbosses or Valencia 2 quests. The map is so huge, you need atleast 20-30 min to ride from one side to the other with a pretty decent horse without stopping, theres around 200 different spots with monsters, atleast 20.000 quests....
I dont know, I just cant stand people talking trash. By the way, how is Neverwinter bruh? There you got your so called limited pve content and not even one fun PVP content. Congratulations!

The cash-shop section is always empty, like noone puts anything into the AH cause its utterly waste of real money. You get 2h of farming for 20 Dollars, no way some1 is going to do that permantly. I highly recommend that you stop posting stuff about Black Desert. This game is right now in the top five of MMORPGS while NW is for sure somewhere in the lowest region. By MILES.

MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 13:52

Kellemaniac wrote:Of course iam aggressive towards people, who claim to have a large amount of knowledge about a game they never touched.
Kellemaniac wrote:I dont know, I just cant stand people talking trash. By the way, how is Neverwinter bruh?
Kellemaniac, you always behaved like a brat, even as a moderator. And now you behave like a little brat. You are only "offended" and aggressive because someone could say something against your "precious little perfect game". Start to grow up.

And as i stated: It seemed like it. I never said i have perfect knowledge of it and know everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oo33mR-dE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIuFymMM2ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YIwlKbSqgs

Also, an total abscent of items within this categroy of the auctionhouse could mean that they are instantly buyed out (if no one would buy them there would be a ton of cheap cash shop items).

But to the point. There is nothing wrong playing Black Desert Online, if you enjoy, enjoy it. Same goes for players in Neverwinter. Only because i have critism against how a company is handling their i game i don't totally despise a game (in fact i adore the combat system of neverwinter and stated this many times).

Enomic
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Enomic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 09:03

BDO isn't more p2w than Neverwinter. BDO is a good game.