It's not just NWO . . .

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: It's not just NWO . . .

Post by beckylunatic » Fri Nov 06, 2015 21:57

Hey ambi, on the subject of there not being threads about "bag space", I remembered that the other half of the majority of complaints about inventory management are actually in the guise of posts about fricking fracking SH vouchers.

The data you need to make your case is out there, but I don't think there are specific threads about it because it comes up as a side-issue in broader discussions of the heaviness of refinement requirements and stronghold requirements (ie. holy crap, how am I supposed to hold all this stuff?). Also threads like people asking to make the celestial refinement bags stack.

It's also I think something to keep in mind that a lot of us actually do get burned out on bringing up the same issues over and over again when nobody responded or did anything about it the last ten or twenty times we mentioned it, even if that last time we brought it up was quite a while ago (like, on a different CM's watch, for example).

In all seriousness, would it be helpful to make a more generic "inventory management" thread for people to air their grievances (again)? There are a bunch of different subjects that would figure into it: refinement items, stronghold items, the change to binding status of bags, the concurrent addition of bigger cash shop bags as a "solution" to our storage woes, the fact that we're getting a 6th bag slot with Underdark but most of us still need to buy something to put in there to use it. Quest items, some people complain about and some don't; how overwhelming they get depends a bit on how you play. Changes to the Masquerade were good overall, but also *severely* filled players bags with a ton of crap for the duration. Many events create inventory problems by having multiple items to collect, many of these compounded by low stack sizes. And I'd be able to think of more.
"no logs, only fix"

FRISH
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by FRISH » Sat Nov 07, 2015 03:26

They know exactly what they're doing with inventory space otherwise they wouldn't have bound bags after having them remain unbound for so long.

Argrosch
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Argrosch » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:18

FRISH wrote:They know exactly what they're doing with inventory space otherwise they wouldn't have bound bags after having them remain unbound for so long.
At least you can´t say they don´t know about the Bag Space isssue, they just decided to "fix" ist the worst ay they could, by just adding an other bag slot...
I guess Mythic Bags will be introduced in Mod 9 then... (but when they do so I think they will be forced to at least make bags bound to account or make Bags upgradeable)

puddles
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by puddles » Sat Nov 07, 2015 17:31

Argrosch wrote:
FRISH wrote:They know exactly what they're doing with inventory space otherwise they wouldn't have bound bags after having them remain unbound for so long.
At least you can´t say they don´t know about the Bag Space isssue, they just decided to "fix" ist the worst ay they could, by just adding an other bag slot...
I guess Mythic Bags will be introduced in Mod 9 then... (but when they do so I think they will be forced to at least make bags bound to account or make Bags upgradeable)
i thought they were fixing it by adding another bag slot. seriously. i thought i read that somewhere.

and since the bags are now bound we will all need to spend money to buy a bag to fill the slot so everyone wins.

kamaliicious

Post by kamaliicious » Sat Nov 07, 2015 18:45

ambisinisterr wrote:
kamaliicious wrote:You're the one saying they don't listen to players (bag space complaints).
They do not listen to the mods. They listen to the players. Our views are weighed no more or less than the views of the average player so as I said when the mods say we feel something to change nothing will happen unless we cite evidence that other players agree.
Please stop stating I said things I did not. :P
"They listen to the players and expect us to cite other player feedback when we say changes need to occur."

That says they're not listening to players, they're listening to the mods, who are expected to pass the players word along. So yes, you're saying they're not listening to players.

You could go to them with some opinion and selectively support yourself out of the player feedback to support your position (not saying you are doing that, just that you could). Since they rely on you to pass word on, they're listening to you, not the players. You could whisper whatever sweet nothings you want in their ears.

Based on your quote above, one of the moderators jobs is supposed to be to pass the word of the players along (via the CM presumably). "I think they just don't realize how annoying it is". It seems you're not doing that part of your job then.

As I said, I was the one who said that they listen to players when I tried putting them in the best light and say they're doing it intentionally to make money. You just said (again) they don't listen to players (they listen to the mods).

Argrosch
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Argrosch » Sat Nov 07, 2015 19:11

puddles wrote: i thought they were fixing it by adding another bag slot. seriously. i thought i read that somewhere.
Exactly what I wrote (or at least tried to). But fixing the problem by just adding an other Bag slot which you first have to buy isn´t a good way to fix it. The main problem still is that there are just to much refinement-items (thauma, reso, power, stability, union all of them in minor and lesser; Pearls, Peridots, Aquamarines, Sapphires and Opals; Marks of Potency, Power, Stability and Union in 3 different qualitys and as if that wasn´t even enough this items can be unbound, bound to account or character. Oh and don´t forget about enchantments (which also can be bound to account...).
THIS is one of the things that i hate most at Neverwinter.
and since the bags are now bound we will all need to spend money to buy a bag to fill the slot so everyone wins.
Well, I don´t feel like a winner when I have to pay to compensate their poor design decisions... (even if it isn´t real money)

puddles

Post by puddles » Sat Nov 07, 2015 19:17

I think you have confused Ambi. Use smaller words. and give him time to google analogies and definitions.

kamaliicious

Post by kamaliicious » Sat Nov 07, 2015 22:56

puddles wrote:I think you have confused Ambi. Use smaller words. and give him time to google analogies and definitions.
substitute ambi for jim.

http://i.imgur.com/8b8LHWS.webm

Unfortunately, it's like that.

FRISH

Post by FRISH » Sun Nov 08, 2015 01:02

kamaliicious wrote:
puddles wrote:I think you have confused Ambi. Use smaller words. and give him time to google analogies and definitions.
substitute ambi for jim.

http://i.imgur.com/8b8LHWS.webm

Unfortunately, it's like that.
I made the same face when someone told me I was a FRISH

Jakaller

Post by Jakaller » Tue Jul 16, 2019 21:11

You want to find the best smurf store ever? You can buy the cheap smurf accounts here
https://smurfstore.co/

MinMax Fortytwo
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by MinMax Fortytwo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02

beckylunatic wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2015 20:05
Ironzerg has been saying this for years, that there are no MMOs that don't have these complaints.

I've never played any others, so I don't really know, but I've seen the internet and figured there had to be some truth to it.
Warframe.