[EXPLOIT] OPENING SEVERAL LOCKBOX WITH 1 KEY!

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
dyukiller
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVP

[EXPLOIT] OPENING SEVERAL LOCKBOX WITH 1 KEY!

Post by dyukiller » Sun Apr 30, 2017 21:51

Hello friends, as always, I know a guy who knows another guy who sells flaws.

What I heard was: 15 people came together to pay the amount.
And you know with 15 players involved, there's always someone that simply can't keep mouth closed and hide the secret.
So this glitch consists of opening several lockboxes with only 1 key
But now comes the best part:
One of those guys passed me a video, but I did not quite understand.

I will post the video.

this video has been made 2 days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSB3MoT ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSB3MoT6y0Y&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by dyukiller on Wed May 03, 2017 19:54, edited 2 times in total.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: [EXPLOIT] OPENING SEVERAL LOCKBOX WITH 1 KEY!

Post by j0Shi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 22:50

First of all: Wtf is going on right now...! :twisted:

My observations: The dude fills all inventory slots minus those he needs for the drops, lockbox is in the same bag as the free slots. Then they spam open the box. If you slow down the video you can see that they are triggering the open multiple times.

Here's my educated guess: This glitch seems to be connected to the other restoration one. In both you exploit the fact that a certain button or option is briefly unlocked although it shouldn't. The restoration interface by default seems to have the "restore" button unlocked under certain circumstances (one of each reagent, Voninblod covered) until it verifies that you do not have all necessary reagents. So if you open the window and click fast enough, the restoration might get through.

Here we have a similar issue, but this time it's not about an option being unlocked although it shouldn't but an option not being locked fast enough. The boxes are opened so fast that the server feedbacks that you're out of keys after you've already opened more than you should have been able to. Both glitches could be combined with artifical lag to make server responses slower.

What amazes me is the fact that the console servers don't seem to check whether a user command is actually possible. It's like "hey the user clicked a command ingame that's unlocked, so it's probably legit!" Verifying the client side is one of the main things to do when you want to avoid exploitation. What makes matters worse, the underlying issue could potentially be exploited in even more areas.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

dyukiller

Post by dyukiller » Sun Apr 30, 2017 23:04

yeah, and i know his gamertag, but he is always offline , i can put his gametag here but looks like fake one, with 780 G and only 11 friends.
I send a mesenge on xbox live, but he doesn't aswser me.

dyukiller

Post by dyukiller » Sun Apr 30, 2017 23:09

he problably creates to do this glitch you know, there's a great chance of arc ban him, this way his main toon stay safe!

netsrong
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by netsrong » Mon May 01, 2017 09:15

fake news , conspiracy theory :mrgreen: please don't do this at home ;)

fizgig

Post by fizgig » Mon May 01, 2017 20:18

This reminds me of something that happened yesterday, I refined a couple r5 darks into a rank 7 dark, and it said item acquired, rank 7 dark in the bottom right corner. My dark that I was refining was replaced with an empty one with no RP in it, and in my bag moved a few slots down was the one I was refining. So strange.

dyukiller

Post by dyukiller » Tue May 02, 2017 15:56

any tip?

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by beckylunatic » Tue May 02, 2017 17:26

Do you think this forum exists to tell you how to exploit? If so, you might not be very bright.
"no logs, only fix"

dyukiller

Post by dyukiller » Tue May 02, 2017 20:11

No i don't think so, and you don't need to be rude, i don't even needed to post here, i did to help community of nw,
I'm asking for tips because when someone posted here about TO SELL restoration Exploit, alot of people understood how to restore but don't explain for others,.
Actually friends of mine.
They sended this video to leaders of others guilds (gh 20 very famous), and they try to hide this, asking for do not turn it public.

and i did exactly the opposite, there's no reason to not be polite.

this is the second time that i post a glitch, first was about critical severity, and the reaction: some people want to know and help, and people already know says it is fake or be sarcastic, rude or try to hide.

next time i'll keep to my self, or try sell like an asshole.

If some ADMIN of forum could help me explaining FOR what this forum exist, and IF I did something wrong when i asked for TIPS, please tell me.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Tue May 02, 2017 20:22

Helping the community to take further advantage of the bug? Or helping the community account for the bug and take action to get it fixed? Those are two very different things. If you are looking for ways in which to help others take advantage of the bug, then you are looking in the wrong place. Unfortunately, the Reddit mods don't understand that distinction and so people come here thinking that this is the place to learn how to get exploits. If you were at all familiar with this site and its forum, then you would know that is not the case.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue May 02, 2017 21:01

dyukiller wrote:No i don't think so, and you don't need to be rude, i don't even needed to post here, i did to help community of nw,
I'm asking for tips because when someone posted here about TO SELL restoration Exploit, alot of people understood how to restore but don't explain for others,.
They sended this video to leaders of others guilds (gh 20 very famous), and they try to hide this, asking for do not turn it public.

this is the second time that i post a glitch, first was about critical severity, and the reaction: some people want to know and help, and people already know says it is fake or be sarcastic, rude or try to hide.

If some ADMIN of forum could help me explaining FOR what this forum exist, and IF I did something wrong when i asked for TIPS, please tell me.
We openly share information around here and your post is appreciated. While we do not have any limitations on what is allowed to be discussed here, not many exploits get a substantial amount of talk here. The players that are opposed to exploits won't help anybody taking advantage of it, and those that do want to take advantage of it normally don't help others. Because the fewer know, the better the chances it stays around longer. So coming here trying to get more knowledge is difficult for many reasons, and won't yield many answers. Much stuff is done and shared behind closed doors between very few players.

So there's nothing wrong with your post, but you might still not get what you want. The exploits that "leaked" did because someone was trying to sell them and others didn't want them to make profit, or after individuals got banned and had nothing to lose.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Took » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33

dyukiller wrote:No i don't think so, and you don't need to be rude, i don't even needed to post here, i did to help community of nw,

I'very had this dilemma many times on the forum.
My friends and I test build variants with ACT all the time. Occasionally we come across an unusual power interested-action or glitch. We do not exploit, but either want to confirm it is WAI (legit to use it) or want the Devs to fix it.
In the past we would post a discussion about it. This was a mistake. and be censored or flamed on the forum.

For example, there was a Loudout duplication bug on preview. I foolishly posted about it in forum and got crucified for doing that.

If the OP is sincere, my advice is to PM the Devs directly if you think you have stumbled onto a potential exploit.
That was you are clearly not trying to exploit, making Devs aware of the problem and not putting the exploit into unsavory hands.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed May 03, 2017 13:04

Well if it's a bug on preview than I don't see why you shouldn't be able to publicly discuss it. It's the PTS and the intent of testing is to provide just that.

dyukiller

Post by dyukiller » Wed May 03, 2017 17:48

Thank you jOShi!
I'm really happy for read your answer, and i'm very surprised when i saw it on nwo-uncensored BLOG!! AWESOME! really awesome!!!

I want to share with people knowledge, if it's a bug, glitch or exploit no matter, i mean, who can stand up and say lauder: i never glitched any FBI boss!
I'm sure there is few people who can do that, actually is funny to see people been moralist on forums and in the game trying to glicht the lock box! how can i say that? after a post the glitch here, zen goes thru the roof, for 310 for 380 last night.

everybody wants to know how!

And EVERYBODY NEEDS TO KEEP IT IN MIND: ARC/CRIPTYC DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU! user's must help each other!

Jappe
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Jappe » Wed May 03, 2017 18:34

So did they fix this in the last maintenance?

thatrandomperson
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by thatrandomperson » Thu May 04, 2017 00:14

Dyukiller, check your PMs.

dyukiller

Post by dyukiller » Thu May 04, 2017 19:46

sup.

i don't know anything more than i already wrote here, actually it's looks like still works!
the amount of winners on chat is incredible high!
names pop up frequently.

People asking me about where i found this video.
THIS VIDEO CAME FROM A GUY ON GENOCIDE GUILD.

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Took » Thu May 04, 2017 20:10

Friend of mine tried it. Sadly, it does work.
Crap.
Could there be a roll-back coming?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu May 04, 2017 22:33

Took wrote:Friend of mine tried it. Sadly, it does work.
Crap.
There's something else involved though. It's not just fast clicking.

Jappe
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Jappe » Thu May 04, 2017 23:36

j0Shi wrote:
Took wrote:Friend of mine tried it. Sadly, it does work.
Crap.
There's something else involved though. It's not just fast clicking.
Yep. I have opened 1000s of lockboxes during my NW history and multiple times over 100 at a time. Sometimes I just open them as fast as I can clicking the Open button but I've never seen an extra lockbox open accidentally.