Another Mass Banning

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Another Mass Banning

Post by PutzBoy78 » Fri May 12, 2017 23:36

Looks like cryptic is doing another friday mass banning (why fridays you ask? I assume its to avoid the shit storm that comes with them. So far I have 3 friends accused of botting and perma-banned. fyi, none of them have the it skills to use a in game bot. I know this because they never figured out how to use the much easier to manage gateway bot.

PutzBoy78

Re: Another Mass Banning

Post by PutzBoy78 » Fri May 12, 2017 23:37

make that 4 people, wtf

Relmyna

Post by Relmyna » Fri May 12, 2017 23:51

Someone I know who got banned and the cryptic crash reporter got quarantined by Norton antivirus.

http://prnt.sc/f77hu2
Last edited by Relmyna on Fri May 12, 2017 23:55, edited 3 times in total.

dupeks
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by dupeks » Fri May 12, 2017 23:52

Pretty sure they rushed in to solve the problem.

Just kidding they rushed in to moderate your thread and squash any mention of this banwave on the official forums. Justice has been served.

Hope your friends get their accounts back...

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat May 13, 2017 00:10

another thread was started up right after mine went to the depths, same list of moderators on it, with the same typo i had, well place sirs well played

.... and it just went to the depths as well

Relmyna

Post by Relmyna » Sat May 13, 2017 00:10

Last edited by Relmyna on Sat May 13, 2017 00:15, edited 1 time in total.

ilke78

Post by ilke78 » Sat May 13, 2017 00:12

I got banned too for that same reason less then two hours ago. My guess is that it has something to do with purchasing lots of profession mats from temporary Stronghold merchants. We have built Atelier few days ago and I was buying thousands upon thousands of alchemy and jewelcrafting mats to use for crafting gem crates.

If they force people to buy one item at the time so they have to repeat same buy/confirm maybe thousands of times, such behavior can be mistaken for botting.

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Took » Sat May 13, 2017 00:13

They (Devs? Mods?) Are hiding all posts and comments about this within minutes of them posting.
Tried to grab a screenshot to keep a record.

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Took » Sat May 13, 2017 00:14

PutzBoy78 wrote:another thread was started up right after mine went to the depths, same list of moderators on it, with the same typo i had, well place sirs well played

What is their rationale for hiding this story?

dupeks

Post by dupeks » Sat May 13, 2017 00:14

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neve ... count-bans

Hey look at that. At least we get some acknowledgement today. Haven't signed in yet hope I'm not also banned...

Putz I think it's even more dastardly than depths... They are deleting the threads because I can't even find them in depths (or link to my comment from my own profile)

dupeks

Post by dupeks » Sat May 13, 2017 00:23

Took wrote:
PutzBoy78 wrote:another thread was started up right after mine went to the depths, same list of moderators on it, with the same typo i had, well place sirs well played

Their ridiculous adherence to a very heavy-handed set of forum rules / ToS. The rationale goes a little something like this: discussing moderation of any kind can only serve to invite drama and never leads to anything good for the company. They won't release specific details about any individual (OK, sensible) or any method they use (OK, also probably sensible) to identify botting because it would make it easier for botters to adapt. So discussing bans on the official forums serves to rile people up and causes drama, but can never lead to any resolution since there is no way for them to respond without also working against their own interests. So instead: heavy-handed censorship and we all live in a rosy utopia.

And if they screw up once in a while, they can take whatever action they want to rectify or none at all. And suppress any related discussion / commentary.

It drives me nuts. But it's also the reason for this thriving community here :)

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Sat May 13, 2017 00:45

Deleted removed threads you don't see in the depths are still visible in a moderator and staff section.

Annnnnd, I have a life tonight, so not sticking around to see the drama play-by-play.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 01:03

Took wrote:They (Devs? Mods?) Are hiding all posts and comments about this within minutes of them posting.
Tried to grab a screenshot to keep a record.
No worries. We save all posts faster than they can be deleted.
andorabell wrote:Hey over at The Holy/Unholy Crusaders we are getting multiple reports of bans for supposed violations of "active botting" on accounts that definitely are 100% on board, legit, and NOT BOTTING.

Because these people cannot post I'm posting for them. I'm guessing this was another Cryptic Script gone bad. Anyone know anything more? Should I just point these people directly to the Better Business Bureau?

Thanks Cryptic. Why do they always do this on Fridays when Customer Service is not around to fix whatever the error is?
:(

@zebular
@kreatyve
@ambisinisterr
@ironzerg79
@tripsofthrymr
@nitocris83
putzboy wrote: I have 3 friends I've heard from so far that received "Your account has been permanently closed for botting which is a violation of our Terms of Service. Our complete Terms of Service can be found here". All 3 lack the computer skills to implement a bot... i know as I end up answering some pretty low tech IT questions for them. What is going on? What measurements are being used to come to this conclusion? I want to make sure i can avoid trigger the false positives that are showing up

@zebular
@kreatyve
@ambisinisterr
@ironzerg79
@tripsofthrymr
@nitocris83
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 01:06

To those affected: What is the official reason given?
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat May 13, 2017 01:12

beckylunatic wrote:Deleted removed threads you don't see in the depths are still visible in a moderator and staff section.

Annnnnd, I have a life tonight, so not sticking around to see the drama play-by-play.

becky and i are going on a date, let the rumor mill churn

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat May 13, 2017 01:13

j0Shi wrote:To those affected: What is the official reason given?
Hello,

Your account has been permanently closed for botting which is a violation of our Terms of Service. Our complete Terms of Service can be found here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/ about/terms

ilke78

Post by ilke78 » Sat May 13, 2017 01:14

Botting in my case. I assume it is connected to my massive purchases of profession mats from temporary Stronghold vendor. If I highlight wanted item and then click "Buy" while confirming purchase with "1" on keyboard I can make 2-3 purchases per second. And I made thousands of those purchases. But no bots were involved.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat May 13, 2017 01:14

honestly, i just wanted to get word out, it bothers me that this can be happening to some people who lack out of game contact ability. I know its depressing but some people really count on the community for companionship.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat May 13, 2017 01:29

ilke78 wrote:
Botting in my case. I assume it is connected to my massive purchases of profession mats from temporary Stronghold vendor. If I highlight wanted item and then click "Buy" while confirming purchase with "1" on keyboard I can make 2-3 purchases per second. And I made thousands of those purchases. But no bots were involved.
i think everyone got the botting message, and they may be using botting generically, seems like the christmas ban said botting also, and some of those was buying from gold spammers

Gemmed Exquisite
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Gemmed Exquisite » Sat May 13, 2017 02:14

Took wrote:

I'm guessing they don't want people to know that they fucked up with a buttload of (potentially?) false positives, and it's easier to deal with the backlash privately...

Also there's the No ban talk rule, but yeah, my guess is they dun goofed again and want to hide it...