Another Mass Banning

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
ilke78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Another Mass Banning

Post by ilke78 » Sat May 13, 2017 02:28

PutzBoy78 wrote:
ilke78 wrote:
j0Shi wrote:To those affected: What is the official reason given?
Botting in my case. I assume it is connected to my massive purchases of profession mats from temporary Stronghold vendor. If I highlight wanted item and then click "Buy" while confirming purchase with "1" on keyboard I can make 2-3 purchases per second. And I made thousands of those purchases. But no bots were involved.
i think everyone got the botting message, and they may be using botting generically, seems like the christmas ban said botting also, and some of those was buying from gold spammers
I don't think I was doing anything that warrants a ban. I don't buy from goldsellers, I wasn't sending people ADs using auctions, I wasn't trading any items with players directly, I was not one-shotting bosses using exploits, I wasn't multiboxing...

The only thing I can think of that could have triggered their anti-bot scripts are those purchases.

ohms
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by ohms » Sat May 13, 2017 08:01

I got banned too. I haven't heard back from support as to why yet but I have never botted, don't account share or dual box so I am at a bit of a loss. I was all set for a nice weekend of AD grinding too :(

Eolee

Post by Eolee » Sat May 13, 2017 08:48

yea one of my friends got banned with her 8 toons-account. Tell me about botting with 8 toons right?
This stuff is just nonsense. And in the meantime, some people cant even log in the game because of DXGI issues.

wildfire
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by wildfire » Sat May 13, 2017 09:13

Girlfriend's account got bannd today, never used a bot and has not logged in for 3-4 months but just got the sam
banned mail. Mine in which i logged a week or two ago to check if game has improved is still active.

Eolee

Post by Eolee » Sat May 13, 2017 09:29

I dont know if your GF is willing to lose a few minutes to do so but submitting a ticket mentionning her inactivity for that long whereas she got banned might sure help the hundreds of those that got the unfair one lately.

VincentBlanquin
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by VincentBlanquin » Sat May 13, 2017 09:44

the same here. the only thing i can imagine triggering it is massive concoction trading for crescent on my alt i dont plan playing a lot anyway .... lol
double sharandar resources anyone?

Sharpedge
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by Sharpedge » Sat May 13, 2017 09:50

Secretly they were all banned for declining chests.

wildfire
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by wildfire » Sat May 13, 2017 10:00

Will fill a ticket tonite, but i am not holding my breath on reasoning from their site, will post here if i get a feedback from cusupport.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 10:06

"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Easy
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Easy » Sat May 13, 2017 10:45

Sharpedge wrote:Secretly they were all banned for declining chests.
Looks like its the most possible reason for me atm, cause i declined chest in msva few days ago accidently, result - lost key and loot :lol:
And this morning also got banned for botting. Botting? Rly?! :roll:
So its not 50 chars accounts, its not mastrercraft recources and its not farming bottles in somi. So what the reason??! :?
Posted ticket here https://support.arcgames.com/app/ will see where it goes...

koalazebra
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by koalazebra » Sat May 13, 2017 11:17

LuL

ohms
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by ohms » Sat May 13, 2017 11:43

I've not declined any chests as far as I know. The only thing I can think of is that I use a keybind (/gotocharacterselect) to logout when swapping alts to invoke and do professions.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 12:16

wildfire wrote:Girlfriend's account got bannd today, never used a bot and has not logged in for 3-4 months but just got the sam
banned mail. Mine in which i logged a week or two ago to check if game has improved is still active.
This could be a case of using the same IP for accounts. Afaik they ban what they think are corresponding accounts as well.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 13:15

silentrock
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by silentrock » Sat May 13, 2017 15:12

j0Shi wrote:
wildfire wrote:Girlfriend's account got bannd today, never used a bot and has not logged in for 3-4 months but just got the sam
This could be a case of using the same IP for accounts. Afaik they ban what they think are corresponding accounts as well.
That's not the case. I'm one of the perma banned too. My account was pretty much legit, haven't logged on for a while (like a few months). So it can't be anything fresh. Prolly they fucked up those autobanning scripts and the banwave hit a lot of innocent players. They must've taken some casual ingame behavior as botting, dunno what it might have been tho.

Urabask

Post by Urabask » Sat May 13, 2017 15:47

ilke78 wrote:
PutzBoy78 wrote:
ilke78 wrote:
Botting in my case. I assume it is connected to my massive purchases of profession mats from temporary Stronghold vendor. If I highlight wanted item and then click "Buy" while confirming purchase with "1" on keyboard I can make 2-3 purchases per second. And I made thousands of those purchases. But no bots were involved.
i think everyone got the botting message, and they may be using botting generically, seems like the christmas ban said botting also, and some of those was buying from gold spammers
I don't think I was doing anything that warrants a ban. I don't buy from goldsellers, I wasn't sending people ADs using auctions, I wasn't trading any items with players directly, I was not one-shotting bosses using exploits, I wasn't multiboxing...

The only thing I can think of that could have triggered their anti-bot scripts are those purchases.
Pretty much everyone was spamming purchases in professions vendors. I didn't get banned so I'd assume it was something else.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Sat May 13, 2017 16:07

There are certainly a lot more Admin messages regarding rewards lately on PC. Something is up.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Sat May 13, 2017 16:08

Also, Putz, I hope you like cats. ;)

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Sat May 13, 2017 17:46

Requires membership, but I'm assuming there are multiple people affected.
"no logs, only fix"

Soba

Post by Soba » Sat May 13, 2017 17:51

Same here, banned also. Was offline for at least 4 hours when i received the ban. Tried to be as polite as possible when i was writing them a reply, but may get ban for swearing :D No regrets tho, coz never cheated.