Another Mass Banning

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
VincentBlanquin
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: Another Mass Banning

Post by VincentBlanquin » Sat May 13, 2017 18:01

i dont open any lockboxes for a long time so it must be something else )))

i dont decline any chest

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by beckylunatic » Sat May 13, 2017 18:51

There are a few folks who aren't online right now and their absence is unusual. I think this thing goes pretty deep.

And I do not doubt the "thorough review of extensive data" was easily as thorough as during the Simril parcel ban wave, or bans for posting links to Arc's site in chat (were those just chat bans? but they were automated stupidly).
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 18:55

Some people are speculating that Cryptic does PC scans and might have banned accounts that have botting software on their HD, regardless of whether it was actually used.

Seems like some really weird bans happened where players received botting accusations that either never or barely logged in in recent weeks and literally did nothing that even came close to botting.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

VincentBlanquin

Post by VincentBlanquin » Sat May 13, 2017 19:18

i dont really know what counts as botting software, i have relatively fresh system after formating HD , with almost no applications in there since i only gaming and browsering. downloading only TS. i dont even have any video codecs or recorder

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sat May 13, 2017 19:27

j0Shi wrote:Infernal Paragons: http://infernal-paragons.shivtr.com/shouts
I've heard from people in every "big" guild on the server

not that I'm glad to see others getting banned, but my friends at THC posted about their bans on the official forum in response to my post and almost immediately PE started breaking out that THC/TUC were a bunch of botters, blah, blah, blah. Hope those people who jumped to that conclusion in the first half hour of the announcements are doing some self reflecting now that it seems like no one is immune from this.

Anyhow I can tell you it wasn't haven't botting software on your computer (I do, but don't use it)

It wasn't selling professions stuff on AH, I have been unloading plenty of professions stuff the last few weeks

I can honestly say that I haven't used the decline button on a chest, but there are people banned who haven't ran dungeons in awhile. So I'm pretty sure that wasn't in either

Maybe it was just bad code, i.e. looked for legitimite issue, but the grabbing of the handle was off so they got a bunch of the wrong people.
TheHappyLion wrote:Also, Putz, I hope you like cats. ;)
Cats, I haven't had cat in a long time. Wasn't particularly memorable, I'm pretty traditions, pork > chicken > beef. Although roast guinea pig is an experience I'd love to repeat. Whale is meh, reindeer is meh, horse is to lean for my taste, dog wasn't memorable either. Interestingly, in Vietnam dog is more expensive than beef.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 13, 2017 19:54

Well yeah, if it was just botting software on the HD, I'd be banned as well. That's how I get all those item infos and tooltips nowadays.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert » Sat May 13, 2017 21:10

Guess what? I'm not banned! Image

I have macro software installed on the computer and I even had it open once while playing NW but never macro'ed or botted the game, so that alone isn't the reason for the ban. Some say it has to do with the chest declines that apparently are available again. If you refuse and kept the key, you might be exploiting in their book. Beware!

Eolee

Post by Eolee » Sat May 13, 2017 22:31

If its for chest declines, please explain how accounts not used since few months got the ban mail aswell? I personally think we cant even speculate on any reason, doesnt seem like there's a common denominator to all those random bans. Accounts with less than 10 toons got banned, accounts with 50+ too, accounts not played in months, people that didnt decline chests, all that jazz.

packetlosss
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by packetlosss » Sat May 13, 2017 23:04

This ban has nothing to do with chest declines. I was logging in a few times per week, just invoking once on a few characters and claiming my daily key. I occasionally killed a few mobs for maybe 5 minutes. Didn't buy or sell a thing on the AH. Didn't send any emails etc. etc. Literally I did next to nothing. Certainly nothing that could even remotely be construed as "botting" or against the TOS in any way. Yet they deemed it fit to ban me. I haven't earned a single AD, nor spent a single AD in the last 4 months...... All I can say is they are a bunch of incompetent buffoons. I wouldn't ever spend a dime on one of their games.

I'm sure there are plenty of bots in the game and I'm sure they want to deal with it, but it's completely unacceptable to ban innocent people. Once you go down that path and lose the trust of their customers, no one will ever spend a dime again.

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert » Sat May 13, 2017 23:14

packetlosss wrote:This ban has nothing to do with chest declines. I was logging in a few times per week, just invoking once on a few characters and claiming my daily key. I occasionally killed a few mobs for maybe 5 minutes. Didn't buy or sell a thing on the AH. Didn't send any emails etc. etc. Literally I did next to nothing. Certainly nothing that could even remotely be construed as "botting" or against the TOS in any way. Yet they deemed it fit to ban me. I haven't earned a single AD, nor spent a single AD in the last 4 months...... All I can say is they are a bunch of incompetent buffoons. I wouldn't ever spend a dime on one of their games.

I'm sure there are plenty of bots in the game and I'm sure they want to deal with it, but it's completely unacceptable to ban innocent people. Once you go down that path and lose the trust of their customers, no one will ever spend a dime again.
Eolee wrote:If its for chest declines, please explain how accounts not used since few months got the ban mail aswell? I personally think we cant even speculate on any reason, doesnt seem like there's a common denominator to all those random bans. Accounts with less than 10 toons got banned, accounts with 50+ too, accounts not played in months, people that didnt decline chests, all that jazz.
Agreed. It's hard to determine what caused the ban and it's unacceptable to ban innocent people, they might have shot themselves in the foot with this ban wave.

Vretzen

Post by Vretzen » Sun May 14, 2017 00:05

Banned yesterday, never botted or ran macros. I do mastercraft stuff, but saving guild marks for new gear so not spending furiously at temp vendors. I don't use 3 party sites or gold spammers and such. Contacted customer service, Kreatyve, other mods and devs, but not expecting anything until next week sometime.

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Took » Sun May 14, 2017 00:06

I can't imagine it was professions or SH resources sales either.
Checked with the other SH merch mercs. No bans.
We trade and sell professions and SH stuff en masse 24/7. No bans.
Weird.

Eolee

Post by Eolee » Sun May 14, 2017 02:46

I dont know about any other experience here, but mine today in neverwinter was pretty sad. Channels were dead, my guild got hurt by this, i have many friends in other guilds and with what i saw from messages deleted on forum at morning in Europe im counting like more than 100 players banned, among those very good players, very good people.
If they were planning a purge, well done its a success. If its a mistake, im just not even sure how they're gonna recover from that with hurting their customers so bad. I even heard people start mentionning law suits and create like a collective in that purpose. Maybe thats the solution, idk. Some players are even dreading swapping toons to do some professions and crafting. When it comes to that point its just bad. Just my opinion.

LegolasG

Post by LegolasG » Sun May 14, 2017 03:43

My other leader was extremely upset by this - we lost quite some people, and unfortunately people on the team too. I am just furious. There are mistakes and then there are mistakes, if they are trying to clean some accounts, they sure are doing great - no one is safe, bet we all learned that during last winter fest already. Just hoping that there will be no permanent damage (and bans) done to those who are hit with the false positives... People I know who had been in game for ages, almost from the betas are affected by this. I'm sure there are bots among the hits, but I know those hit who worked their way up to fortune legibly. Their accounts are an investment of time and a reminiscence of memory - it's unlikely that they will be back if they lose them probably.

Like eolee said, the data is all over the place. Maybe they are trying blindly to stop the key exploit? It would made sense in a way it hurts their profits badly - so without enough manpower to do a thorough check, they just run their winter script, hit a bunch of people and deal with the innocents later?

Easy

Post by Easy » Sun May 14, 2017 05:41

I used 11k+ gifts and opened few thousands parcels only by hands that could be detect as botting but wasnt. And now got ban when i didnt even reset professions more than year. Very unxpected and very dissapointed. Even if craptic will unban all us - an unpleasant deposit will stay. I totally lost all those enthusiasm that was holding me in NO since M2.

Vida44
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Vida44 » Sun May 14, 2017 06:23

Could it be they still have some flags from the winter festival in the system?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sun May 14, 2017 06:24

Interesting comment on the blog from THC:
This particular case they sent out emails about permanent bans (supposedly they are not) for active botting (supposedly there are actually 3-4 different things, only one of which is active botting). Horrible CS as usual. At least one of the supposed infractions is definitely non IMHO banworthy- it’s something they should fix or at least tell people not to do… It’s so frustrating when they do this stuff and then delete everything and try to hide it :x
So

a) Not all bans are permanent
b) Not all bans are "botting"

MythVA
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by MythVA » Sun May 14, 2017 07:13

I have information that the bans are not permanent, even tho the script on the notice the players are getting says it is. That in itself is a huge stuff up, because how many of these players will now just think, oh well screw that i will find something else to play. we then lose more players.

i also have information that the ban has something to do with the pvp Domination, and using sign post to expoit queues, or something like that. But, if using signpost in pvp is an exploit, how about craptic spend the time and resources that you supposedly spend "investigating" players who bot and script and use expoits, and just fix the fucking issue. if its cheating, then make it so they cant cheat. clearly one cannot rely on people to not cheat, some arent bound by the same honour systems as others, so just remove it. dont go running around banning accounts, especially players who dont cheat.

Can i also just say, from a business perspective, that this banning stupidity imo is basically going to tell a whole heap of people "we dont want your business". they complain that they need to make money, and yes, we all acknowledge that fact, but banning players doesnt make you any more money, in fact, probably less. Happy players spend money, pissed off guild leaders and players alike, do not find it in thier hearts to spend thier hard earned cash on this game... i am certainly not about to.

I am the co guild leader of Valaraukari Ascension (a rank 20 guild founded over three years ago), and my co guild leader got banned on Friday. First of all, i have played with him for nearly three years, and i can say without any hesitation that he would never cheat. he does not bot, he does not script and he doesnt pvp, so he hasnt used that expoit, except for leaving the black ice dom area after the contest via signpost. If thats what got him banned... SHAME ON YOU CRAPTIC.

one very pissed off,
Myth

VincentBlanquin

Post by VincentBlanquin » Sun May 14, 2017 08:44

last 6 months i play pvp only once (GG) and i am sure i dont leave it via signpost. i dont have vip before. leaving finished pve instance with signpost? it should happen, but ban wawe should then hit almost all population

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sun May 14, 2017 09:15

I think people are just trying to make sense of what's going on. Mass clicking at prof vendor, declining chests, signpost abuse? I mean c'mon. I guess we'll have to wait and see till the first ones got word from support. Feel free to share what they tell you. :twisted: