Another Mass Banning

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Eolee
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Another Mass Banning

Post by Eolee » Sun May 14, 2017 10:03

Considering they pretend they reviewed "each case" thorough extensive date collections, i would suggest them to invert the pool in their different departments. So many to supposedly "review each case thorough extensive data collections", so little to fix any bug hanging around since ages or offering more than a pale rework of the plague tower as a mod xx.5

Sorry i just cant help with being bitter and sarcastic. Im staying in this game for the people, not for the game itself anymore. But between those leaving for lack of content mod after mod and those being banned lately, my friends list is like the cemetery of neverdeath graveyard.

ilke78

Post by ilke78 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:09

j0Shi wrote:I think people are just trying to make sense of what's going on. Mass clicking at prof vendor, declining chests, signpost abuse? I mean c'mon. I guess we'll have to wait and see till the first ones got word from support. Feel free to share what they tell you. :twisted:
Ok, I admit my theory about mass purchasing from temporary vendor is most likely wrong. But since they said botting was the reason I simply assumed that their anti-bot scripts have mistaken that long, repetitive action for botting in mine and other cases.

I apologize for adding to already existing confusion.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sun May 14, 2017 10:22

No worries mate, we appreciate any information and I'm also talking to some guys to shed some light. We're actually still wildly speculating, so it's ok to just throw in wild speculations :D That way I can pass on some theories to see whether they might have substance.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

MythVA
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by MythVA » Sun May 14, 2017 10:31

i am fairly confident in my information about the signpost and the PVP Domination Q exploit. But, from what i can tell, some that have used a signpost to leave the black ice domination have also been banned - on purpose or not i dont know.

i am told that if you leave pvp dom by signpost you dont get a queue penalty. someone else in game said something about another cheat that this gives you, not counting deaths or something. dont know the specifics, cause i am not a pvper.

VincentBlanquin
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by VincentBlanquin » Sun May 14, 2017 10:45

ok, i have another idea. if you consider friday mass cybernetic attack across the world, then cryptic should be affected too and hackers send bans. Julia account was compromised too. this is the only explanation that makes sense

Took
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Took » Sun May 14, 2017 11:43

VincentBlanquin wrote:ok, i have another idea. if you consider friday mass cybernetic attack across the world, then cryptic should be affected too and hackers send bans. Julia account was compromised too. this is the only explanation that makes sense
Careful.
You will give them an alibi.
"Greetings adventurers! Regarding the mass bannings... we... were... hacked! Yeah. Hacked. That ransom ware thing I just read about on my twitter feed. It was that. But we restored the accounts, so... moving on. How about that Driftwood Tavern, eh? Cool, isn't it?"

herculeshlias

Post by herculeshlias » Sun May 14, 2017 14:38

Urabask wrote:
ilke78 wrote:
PutzBoy78 wrote:
i think everyone got the botting message, and they may be using botting generically, seems like the christmas ban said botting also, and some of those was buying from gold spammers
I don't think I was doing anything that warrants a ban. I don't buy from goldsellers, I wasn't sending people ADs using auctions, I wasn't trading any items with players directly, I was not one-shotting bosses using exploits, I wasn't multiboxing...

The only thing I can think of that could have triggered their anti-bot scripts are those purchases.
Pretty much everyone was spamming purchases in professions vendors. I didn't get banned so I'd assume it was something else.
SO you got also the permanent ban message?
1: i buy zen with ad = i contribute to the game to stay alive because i buy the zen which is someone else bought with real moeny.
2: i do not advertise sites.I dont buy from them i dont sell to them.
3: i got permanent ban too.

herculeshlias

Post by herculeshlias » Sun May 14, 2017 14:48

Eolee wrote:I dont know about any other experience here, but mine today in neverwinter was pretty sad. Channels were dead, my guild got hurt by this, i have many friends in other guilds and with what i saw from messages deleted on forum at morning in Europe im counting like more than 100 players banned, among those very good players, very good people.
If they were planning a purge, well done its a success. If its a mistake, im just not even sure how they're gonna recover from that with hurting their customers so bad. I even heard people start mentionning law suits and create like a collective in that purpose. Maybe thats the solution, idk. Some players are even dreading swapping toons to do some professions and crafting. When it comes to that point its just bad. Just my opinion.
THAT Exacty i were doing i was invoking and i got the message after the 10th character.
Maybe i flagged because i did my invokes when they run the script?
BUT also maybe they tracked soemthing else earlier days than friday and decided to throw the ban at friday.

Soba

Post by Soba » Sun May 14, 2017 14:51

After I read your thoughts and speculations about these bans, i can definitely say, i'm out of all of them. Not PvPing, no declining chest, no use of signpost, been ages without buying something from vendors... And, as some said, some accounts were offline for months, so, it MIGHT be or some sort of bug/error/whatever, or this is because of something "we" did months ago, i.e. Winter Festival? Yes, i did it in a corner so reward isn't as scattered as if I do it in open space. But howly mother of god, if this is cheating, they can go and ·$%&·%·$%

herculeshlias

Post by herculeshlias » Sun May 14, 2017 15:06

Perma-bans: Reading through this thread, it doesn’t sound like this applies to any of you. Our team has identified accounts that have played a very long concurrent time. I’m talking about 20+ hours and then logs in again after a brief break. It is fairly clear to the group that it isn’t usual behavior for an individual, which leads us to believe that this account is botting. Those individuals received a perma-ban.

Based on this information the player is not allowed to burn for a long time. WHile i agree maybe that is botting but who stops somone to let his brother or his child to play while he is sleeping? Also that is not account sharing because account sharing is when you give information to another person and not when the other person replace you on the pc.

I Can login allso without share my account with teamviewer .

MY point is they shouldnt ban based they think is bot if 10% of the cases are not why permanent?

packetlosss
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by packetlosss » Sun May 14, 2017 16:23

Soba wrote:After I read your thoughts and speculations about these bans, i can definitely say, i'm out of all of them. Not PvPing, no declining chest, no use of signpost, been ages without buying something from vendors... And, as some said, some accounts were offline for months, so, it MIGHT be or some sort of bug/error/whatever, or this is because of something "we" did months ago, i.e. Winter Festival? Yes, i did it in a corner so reward isn't as scattered as if I do it in open space. But howly mother of god, if this is cheating, they can go and ·$%&·%·$%

Sadly, I think we are trying to make sense and discover the method to their madness when nothing exists. It's just pure madness. I too would have been of the opinion, that everyone hit did something, had I not experienced this firsthand having barely played the game in over 5 months. I didn't earn or spend a single AD, resource or anything. Invoked a few times a week on 1-4 characters. There is simply nothing to excuse their script for flagging my account. They are simply incompetent buffoons. So don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why they got you as there is no valid reason.

LancerOPM

Post by LancerOPM » Sun May 14, 2017 18:52

j0Shi wrote:I think people are just trying to make sense of what's going on. Mass clicking at prof vendor, declining chests, signpost abuse? I mean c'mon. I guess we'll have to wait and see till the first ones got word from support. Feel free to share what they tell you. :twisted:

i think the window of which players accounts got investigated problably started before shroud of soul and lasted after shroud of soul for 2 weeks total, its most likely they used a similar "Algorithm" as they've done with the parcels in the past, so perhaps who had over a LIMIT that they placed a normal player would have like AD bonus stacked up to 100k, over 10.000 resonance bags, over 50.000 enchanted coffers etc. They used the time it takes to get that through professions and compared with the actual gameplay left where you have done something else ingame besides profession and invoking like dailies time , time spent in dungeons etc.
Would make sense , since players that havent actually played the game since shroud and after, they didnt had any sort of gameplay to compare with at all, and if they had any sort of the profession rewards over the limit, they got banned.

herculeshlias

Post by herculeshlias » Sun May 14, 2017 19:09

LancerOPM wrote:

i think the window of which players accounts got investigated problably started before shroud of soul and lasted after shroud of soul for 2 weeks total, its most likely they used a similar "Algorithm" as they've done with the parcels in the past, so perhaps who had over a LIMIT that they placed a normal player would have like AD bonus stacked up to 100k, over 10.000 resonance bags, over 50.000 enchanted coffers etc. They used the time it takes to get that through professions and compared with the actual gameplay left where you have done something else ingame besides profession and invoking like dailies time , time spent in dungeons etc.
Would make sense , since players that havent actually played the game since shroud and after, they didnt had any sort of gameplay to compare with at all, and if they had any sort of the profession rewards over the limit, they got banned.
AS I said above why cryptic exclude the burned player? MAYBE Someone play 20 hours is burned. BAN for burned player?:)
ALSO in their specualtions they forget a legit action: a friend or a family member do my professions and the invokes sometimes. And this is legit when i log in and they just sit in my place and doing it, because i dont give them info they just is in already logged in account.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Mon May 15, 2017 00:53

MythVA wrote:i am fairly confident in my information about the signpost and the PVP Domination Q exploit. But, from what i can tell, some that have used a signpost to leave the black ice domination have also been banned - on purpose or not i dont know.

I use my sign to leave bid area every time. I do a lot of BID (your pretty aware of that :P), so its not that. I'm not banned.
VincentBlanquin wrote:ok, i have another idea. if you consider friday mass cybernetic attack across the world, then cryptic should be affected too and hackers send bans. Julia account was compromised too. this is the only explanation that makes sense
If cryptic got hacked, I'd assume they'd be working on the weekend to fix it. While the users impacted may not be resolved on the weekend, the message posted to forum about it would have included a "we are working to resolve" implication

Eolee

Post by Eolee » Mon May 15, 2017 01:16

LancerOPM wrote:

Doesnt make sense. Several of my friends with 8 toons and not doing leadership and not rich to millions got banned. One wasnt even invoking on all his toons, just her main.

Nippers Meowington
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Nippers Meowington » Mon May 15, 2017 02:07

A decent mod release, a host of good QoL updates. The AH is flooded with useful and highly affordable companions. I was considering investing in another $200 of Zen, confident that Neverwinter would continue to stay on track.

Then an indiscriminate Friday ban wave. Who is running things at Cryptic, where devs can pull the pin on bullshit then leave for the weekend? What lead dev approved this?

lowjohn

Post by lowjohn » Mon May 15, 2017 03:57

Stupid question time:

Was anyone banned who DID NOT play on preview?

Because in my guild, everyone who played on preview was banned. Nobody who DIDN'T join Preview for Shroud Of Souls was banned.

And I know, some people were banned after being idle for months, but: Were they active on Preview before that?

Saiyajin X
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Saiyajin X » Mon May 15, 2017 07:48

lowjohn wrote:Stupid question time:

Was anyone banned who DID NOT play on preview?

Because in my guild, everyone who played on preview was banned. Nobody who DIDN'T join Preview for Shroud Of Souls was banned.

And I know, some people were banned after being idle for months, but: Were they active on Preview before that?
I was hours and hours on preview testing all kind of stuff and I am definitely not banned (yet) :D

MythVA

Post by MythVA » Mon May 15, 2017 08:29

PutzBoy78 wrote:
MythVA wrote:i am fairly confident in my information about the signpost and the PVP Domination Q exploit. But, from what i can tell, some that have used a signpost to leave the black ice domination have also been banned - on purpose or not i dont know.
I use my sign to leave bid area every time. I do a lot of BID (your pretty aware of that :P), so its not that. I'm not banned.

Putz.... i am fairly certain that your reputation preceeds you... doubtful they would ban your account and incurr your wrath!!!

Sharpedge

Post by Sharpedge » Mon May 15, 2017 10:23

I was not banned and I spend a fair amount of time on preview.

All the people I know who were banned were the people who spent a lot of time invoking, whether they botted invoking or not, I am fairly sure the ban wave was aimed towards invoking.

Also, on a side tangent, the price of maps in a bottle went up from 500k-600k, 1 explanation for this could be some of the fish botters were banned, which would cause a hike in the price of maps. That, however, is pure speculation.