Another Mass Banning

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: Another Mass Banning

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 15, 2017 11:06

Well I certainly hope the first CS exchanges will shed some light. Again: If you hear back from support, we are very interested about what they say. Feel free to report, can also send me a pm around here.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

lowjohn
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by lowjohn » Mon May 15, 2017 11:25

I figured it was a really unlikely criterion, but since the pattern seemed to hold for my guild, I figured I'd see if it held up outside. Thanks.

Easy
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Easy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:34

Sharpedge wrote:I was not banned and I spend a fair amount of time on preview.

All the people I know who were banned were the people who spent a lot of time invoking, whether they botted invoking or not, I am fairly sure the ban wave was aimed towards invoking.

Also, on a side tangent, the price of maps in a bottle went up from 500k-600k, 1 explanation for this could be some of the fish botters were banned, which would cause a hike in the price of maps. That, however, is pure speculation.
I was invoking once per day on 50 chars and have ban, but dont think its the reason. And some ppl who i know that was sitting in somi near 24/7 wasnt banned, as i know, so... No sense to looking for a reason - why. There is no REAL reason for permaban. If nothing will be changed on this week ill inform as many ppl as i can about that great service of craptic/poorfect world and will forget this as bad dream.

"Thank you very much for taking the time to contact the Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support department. Your question has been received and a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible. To update your question with additional information, please respond directly to this email or click here to view your ticket on our support site."

etelgrin
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by etelgrin » Mon May 15, 2017 12:32

I don't think it was due to invoking, I invoke everyday on 25 toons and was not affected. I also switch leadership on all of them too, but I do it by hand.

herculeshlias
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by herculeshlias » Mon May 15, 2017 13:55

Easy wrote:
Sharpedge wrote:I was not banned and I spend a fair amount of time on preview.

All the people I know who were banned were the people who spent a lot of time invoking, whether they botted invoking or not, I am fairly sure the ban wave was aimed towards invoking.

Also, on a side tangent, the price of maps in a bottle went up from 500k-600k, 1 explanation for this could be some of the fish botters were banned, which would cause a hike in the price of maps. That, however, is pure speculation.
I was invoking once per day on 50 chars and have ban, but dont think its the reason. And some ppl who i know that was sitting in somi near 24/7 wasnt banned, as i know, so... No sense to looking for a reason - why. There is no REAL reason for permaban. If nothing will be changed on this week ill inform as many ppl as i can about that great service of craptic/poorfect world and will forget this as bad dream.

"Thank you very much for taking the time to contact the Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support department. Your question has been received and a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible. To update your question with additional information, please respond directly to this email or click here to view your ticket on our support site."
That is the classic autoresponse the time you send the ticket. When they answer is a gm that answers.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Mon May 15, 2017 15:36

i have friends that have never logged onto preview that got banned.

The answer must lie in multiple critera or as I've mentioned before, maybe valid criteria with an invalid lookup. I.e. they searched for a valid behaviour but their reference grabbing for names turned a incorrect result. What if for example a bad behaviour was pulled but instead of grabbing the actor of the bad behaviour they grabbed the recepent of the bad behavior. Thus getting the wrong person.

I don't know, all i can say is the people I know are very active players. Many play near as much as I do. With the exception of a couple who barely play at all, it makes it seem so random.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Mon May 15, 2017 15:38

MythVA wrote:
PutzBoy78 wrote:
MythVA wrote:i am fairly confident in my information about the signpost and the PVP Domination Q exploit. But, from what i can tell, some that have used a signpost to leave the black ice domination have also been banned - on purpose or not i dont know.
I use my sign to leave bid area every time. I do a lot of BID (your pretty aware of that :P), so its not that. I'm not banned.

Putz.... i am fairly certain that your reputation preceeds you... doubtful they would ban your account and incurr your wrath!!!
believe me if i had wrath to give, they'd already have it

Stojca

Post by Stojca » Mon May 15, 2017 15:55

Was playing from closed beta till few days ago, never used bots, never used exploits, heck, wasn't even grinding too much.

Did really scarce logging lately, just for a few dailies and a chat, now THATS proper bot you may say :D

Guess its ban for the people not paying real $$$ to the Craptic after all :twisted:

P.S. Never pay for F2P games, sooner or later this happens to everyone, especially with craptards like the fore mentioned 'company'.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 15, 2017 17:34

This "not / sporadically logged in recently" and getting banned is something that keeps popping up. Maybe they compared playing times from accounts across different periods and concluded that if someone has played excessively during a certain time compared to their average activity than they must have been botting.

Which of course is a pretty lackluster approach. Because everything looks excessive compared to having completely or nearly stopped playing the game. But at this point I wouldn't rule out anything, even an algorithm based on variance. This would by the mean that players that have not changed their playing behavior in recent months should be widely unaffected.

I have by the way just updated the template you can use to contact PWE in case of a ban: https://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/mass-ba ... n-keygate/

It seems they request a lot of extra information in order to verify yourself as the account holder.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

ilke78

Post by ilke78 » Mon May 15, 2017 17:56

j0Shi wrote:This "not / sporadically logged in recently" and getting banned is something that keeps popping up.
Now that you mention it, I was on break from Neverwinter for some two months, probably a bit more and came back several days before last mod went live...

dupeks

Post by dupeks » Mon May 15, 2017 18:38

The "not logged in recently" might also be a red herring.

I would be surprised if this ban wave was the result of a real-time automated bot identifying process. Or, more specifically, it looks like apart from some automated real-time processes, every so often they issue a wider ban-wave that is the result of some periodic review. And such a review is likely to have taken time to conduct (based on how slow-moving everything else is), and most likely is based on some sort of data snapshot frozen in time.

I think it's likely that they were analyzing data from a few months back or even last year and then issued bans for prior allegedly bad behavior. It's not farfetched to think that they were looking at data through the end of 2016 or through Q117. It's possible that some folks had naturally stopped playing since then.

Has anyone successfully gotten anything other than the boilerplate response?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 15, 2017 18:41

This is a good point dupeks. Generally you should probably look at infractions that could have occurred from last ban wave to this one. So "recently" might be indeed misleading.

Altitis
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Altitis » Mon May 15, 2017 20:09

FWIW:
not banned on all my 4 accounts with 9/3/2/2 toons.
I had sometimes, especially during the winter event, rarely before and after it as well,
logged in 2 (or more) accounts at the same time from the same PC, all 4 accounts are not banned.

So it looks to me that so called "multiboxing" does not seem to trigger banning.

PS: multiboxing is a misleading term, IMO multiboxing would use 2 PCs for 2 accounts, but here I use it for using 1 PC for 2 or more accounts
PPS: missing the whip!

Altitis
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Altitis » Mon May 15, 2017 20:13

Stojca wrote: Guess its ban for the people not paying real $$$ to the Craptic after all
Never paid a dime, though I spent LOTS of ZEN I did grind for in the last 4 years since open beta.

Vretzen

Post by Vretzen » Mon May 15, 2017 21:24

Anyone know of someone banned last Friday that has gotten their account back yet? Still waiting to hear back from PWE.

Soba

Post by Soba » Mon May 15, 2017 21:35

Vretzen wrote:Anyone know of someone banned last Friday that has gotten their account back yet? Still waiting to hear back from PWE.
Nothing here, reply nor unban.

MythVA

Post by MythVA » Mon May 15, 2017 21:48

every time someone has an idea about what it is that has caused the ban, someone else pops on and says they do that exact thing and they are not banned.

have we considered that they are using some stupid scattergun approach? more importantly, considering all of the bugs in the game, how can you put it past them that whatever they are doing to "track" stuff isnt freaking bugged as well. can we put it down to just plain old incompetence?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon May 15, 2017 21:49

It's still relatively early in California. And then the first response might be asking for extra information to verify you're the account holder or a template that just repeats what you already know: Banned for botting. So we are probably more looking at Tue/Wed in terms of useful replies.

Stay calm, ask for an accurate description of what you've done wrong and let them manually verify your account.

Soba

Post by Soba » Mon May 15, 2017 22:14

And taking into account hundreds of bans + their laziness... yeah, might take them one week to reply XDDD lol

Vretzen

Post by Vretzen » Tue May 16, 2017 02:39

Word is they're starting to go thru the tickets now, but there are a ton of them and it's gonna take some time.