Masterwork CheatSheet

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
j0Shi
Site Admin

Masterwork CheatSheet

Post by j0Shi » Sat May 20, 2017 06:28

Been working on a Masterwork CheatSheet for today's Bag of Tricks, but decided to put it here for review first. Simple reason: A lot of numbers, I'm pretty sure I messed something up :mrgreen:

First of all, thing only works in OpenOffice, tested with the latest version. The reason is that the spreadsheet has redundancy issues. Meaning a change to cell A affects cell B which then again affects cell A. If you strictly followed the hierarchical structure of the profession and only connected tasks with their corresponding resources, it would be a non-issue, but also much more work imho. There are probably other solutions, but this is mine, and it works , albeit only in OpenOffice :)

Before you start you want to do two things in OpenOffice Calc:
  1. Deactivate Tools -> Cell Contents -> AutoCalculate. The spreadsheet is a bit clunky so it might make sense to do all your input first and then manually let it do the calculation (F9).
  2. Make sure Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice Calc -> Calculate -> Iterations is checked. It's set to 500 on my system.
  3. If for some reason the cells show errors, you might need to repoen the sheet.
All right so what this thing does is calculating all the resources you need for your "shopping list" that you can specify in the box on the top left of the sheet. It has four sections:

Required Resources are the resources that you need to farm or buy to start. This mainly includes Guild Marks, Explorer's Cases and the new resources that drop from dungeons. This is all you need. All other stuff will be fed with these resources.

Guild Mark Shopping List is what you need to buy with your Guild Marks from different vendors.

Masterwork Temporary Structure Tasks: Now the Masterwork task list start. The "Need" column does no longer indicate how many resources you need to buy, but how often you need to run the task. Of course, for the temp strucs it's essentially the same, because running the task simply means buying the resource. Masterworkers however can also simulate crafting the resource. In that case just adjust "Chance" to whatever percentage you have for a Tier 3 result. The Guild Marks will disappear in the calculation in that case, because we are no longer buying from a vendor.

Masterwork Tasks: Adjust the task chances to whatever percentage you have for a Tier 3 result. Then the sheet will show you how often you need to run the task on average to get the resources you need.

What you can do with it: Well as said, it lists the required resources for virtually any item / tasks connected to Masterwork III or Masterwork II and I leveling. Here are a few examples:
  • If you want to level Jewelcrafting II, your target items are Gold Nuggets x12, Gold Ingot x6, Newly Minted Gold Coin x1 and Set of Newly Minted Coins x1. You'll see that you need 153,500 Guild Marks (oops), 84 Rock Salt, 448 Green Vitriol, 168 Gold Ore etc...
  • Masterwork III is equally easy. Just fill in Gold Ingot x20, Aqua Fortis x20 etc.
  • You can also look up the requirements for weapon and armor sets. A full Masterwork geared GWF has to farm 28 resources in dungeons (weps + armor + neck + waist + rings).
Please review it and tell me what you think. Especially the resource lists need to be double checked. If you're going through them for quite some time, there's gotta be some mistakes. If you are comfortable with Calc you could also easily extent this and add ADs to see how much items are worth. But that's a lot of manual work inputting all the necessary values.
masterwork cheatsheet.zip
(52.28 KiB) Downloaded 1544 times
masterwork cheatsheet.rar
(50.49 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

SallyPally
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Masterwork CheatSheet

Post by SallyPally » Sun May 21, 2017 14:40

A big thank you for this. I haven't used Open Office or Excel in quite awhile, but was able to get everything working by following your directions.

On console, so unable to verify resource requirements yet, but can confirm the features of the spreadsheet seem to work fine ... and are very helpful.

To confirm ... the % success chance is used to calculate how many times you will need to run the task, but does not update the number of resources needed to account for the failures?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sun May 21, 2017 14:49

SallyPally wrote:To confirm ... the % success chance is used to calculate how many times you will need to run the task, but does not update the number of resources needed to account for the failures?
It should update the resources as well. The more chance you have for a task to success, the less resources you are obviously going to need.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Bert
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert » Sun May 21, 2017 14:54

Thank you for this. I should start playing the game in the english language to get to know the names of the materials in the sheet properly.

SallyPally

Post by SallyPally » Sun May 21, 2017 15:06

j0Shi wrote:
SallyPally wrote:To confirm ... the % success chance is used to calculate how many times you will need to run the task, but does not update the number of resources needed to account for the failures?
It should update the resources as well. The more chance you have for a task to success, the less resources you are obviously going to need.
Ah ... glad I asked the question as I confused myself. I forgot to go back to the top of the sheet and was just looking at the number of resources on the same line as the task ... which doesn't (and shouldn't) change.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Tue May 30, 2017 16:59

What I would like to see is a make vs buy logic. Only because getting GMs is a huge PITA (in bulk anyhow) and with guild boon and 2x I can get 24 resources on a 1500 GM explorer case.

So for example I want a Gold Nugget. It costs 2x Gold Ore, 1x Rock Salt (12 GM), and 200 GMs with a 100% fixed cost. We know that Gold Ore has a drop rate of 64.29%. So during 2xProfessions we are looking at Gold Ore costing 62.5 GMs. Total cost to buy a Gold Nugget is 337 GMs via the vendor.

To manufacture a Gold Nugget I need 2xGold Ore (125 GMs) + 1xRock Salt (12 GM). For success it costs me 137 GM for failure I loose 1xGold Ore (62.5 GMs).

So with a cost of 200 GMs with the vendor vs odds of success of 95% your estimated return is 186.875 GMs to use the profession vs the vendor. If your odds are 75% you can expect to only gain 134.375 GMs per attempt. Obviously Gold Nugget is a lower task and fairly cheap at the vendor, but what happens when you start compounding that logic to higher risk/reward items like Gold Wire?

I ask because it appears to me, atleast in the case of those people with mythic forgehammers and epic tools, the vendor doesn't seem as profitable a solution as it first appears.

*** Logic doesn't account for time/effort invested

Azadi
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Azadi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 13:53

I'd like to ask if there is a way to make wanted items and required on different sheets so you can input more than 10 things at a time. Rest of it works great.

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 09:25

btw, Mailsmithing can purchase Gold Wire, the sheet says Jewelrycrafting

Relmyna

Post by Relmyna » Tue Jul 25, 2017 14:09

I just got a new computer and downloaded open office so I have some very noob questions for you.

Do I just type in the name of what I'm wanting to craft and how many in the top panel?

I'm doing that but I can't get the sheet to update anything. What stupid thing am I doing?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 14:27

Can you attach a screenshot? You might need to initiate the calculation manually. It's F9 for me, but might differ on other machines.

Relmyna

Post by Relmyna » Sun Jul 30, 2017 18:48

j0Shi wrote:Can you attach a screenshot? You might need to initiate the calculation manually. It's F9 for me, but might differ on other machines.
Thanks j0Shi- I figured it out. Apparently the manual calc worked differently on my new machine. Derp.

xbutch
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by xbutch » Mon Aug 07, 2017 16:36

Thanks j0Shi, works perfectly.

Just a little error: line 155 and 156 have the wrong ingredients.
Adamant Trapdoor should be on line 156 and Tin Plate on 155.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 18:19

I'll check that as soon as I get home tonight. Thanks mate!

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 14:01

Updated and uploaded! Cheers!

Laurylyan
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Laurylyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 14:35

Has this file been updated with the new MC 5 items and recipes?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 01:11

Laurylyan wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 14:35
Has this file been updated with the new MC 5 items and recipes?
app.php/nwountools/ahtools/profbuymake