First of all, thing only works in OpenOffice, tested with the latest version. The reason is that the spreadsheet has redundancy issues. Meaning a change to cell A affects cell B which then again affects cell A. If you strictly followed the hierarchical structure of the profession and only connected tasks with their corresponding resources, it would be a non-issue, but also much more work imho. There are probably other solutions, but this is mine, and it works , albeit only in OpenOffice
Before you start you want to do two things in OpenOffice Calc:
- Deactivate Tools -> Cell Contents -> AutoCalculate. The spreadsheet is a bit clunky so it might make sense to do all your input first and then manually let it do the calculation (F9).
- Make sure Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice Calc -> Calculate -> Iterations is checked. It's set to 500 on my system.
- If for some reason the cells show errors, you might need to repoen the sheet.
Required Resources are the resources that you need to farm or buy to start. This mainly includes Guild Marks, Explorer's Cases and the new resources that drop from dungeons. This is all you need. All other stuff will be fed with these resources.
Guild Mark Shopping List is what you need to buy with your Guild Marks from different vendors.
Masterwork Temporary Structure Tasks: Now the Masterwork task list start. The "Need" column does no longer indicate how many resources you need to buy, but how often you need to run the task. Of course, for the temp strucs it's essentially the same, because running the task simply means buying the resource. Masterworkers however can also simulate crafting the resource. In that case just adjust "Chance" to whatever percentage you have for a Tier 3 result. The Guild Marks will disappear in the calculation in that case, because we are no longer buying from a vendor.
Masterwork Tasks: Adjust the task chances to whatever percentage you have for a Tier 3 result. Then the sheet will show you how often you need to run the task on average to get the resources you need.
What you can do with it: Well as said, it lists the required resources for virtually any item / tasks connected to Masterwork III or Masterwork II and I leveling. Here are a few examples:
- If you want to level Jewelcrafting II, your target items are Gold Nuggets x12, Gold Ingot x6, Newly Minted Gold Coin x1 and Set of Newly Minted Coins x1. You'll see that you need 153,500 Guild Marks (oops), 84 Rock Salt, 448 Green Vitriol, 168 Gold Ore etc...
- Masterwork III is equally easy. Just fill in Gold Ingot x20, Aqua Fortis x20 etc.
- You can also look up the requirements for weapon and armor sets. A full Masterwork geared GWF has to farm 28 resources in dungeons (weps + armor + neck + waist + rings).