Advanced Keybind Modules: Exalt & d. DG

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
dupeks
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Advanced Keybind Modules: Exalt & d. DG

Post by dupeks » Sat Jul 08, 2017 03:27

This post is meant to be used in conjunction with the basic introductory post here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1477

The first post covers basic binds and how to set up CommandAliases.txt

Targeted Command Keybind Modules

Below are two additional modules that allows easily rebinding powers using a targeted command. Also at the bottom I added a generic ctrl+ module.

It's designed with a DC's Exaltation and Divine DG powers in mind, but it should work with any normal target-able powers, rebinding a particular key slot to target by name. I haven't tested this with anything other than Exaltation or d. DG, so YMMV

Exaltation Module
Exaltation is a power that you seldom want to cast except for the named target. Because of that, this Exalt module is set up to override your Exalt power key (Q, E, or R) with a targeted command. That way you can't accidentally cast it in a non-targeted way.

Here are the available commands

Code: Select all

/exI or /exInit = initialize (only need to run this once)
/exQ /exE or /exR = override the normal bind for Q, E, or R with the target command
/exT /exTgt /exTar /exTarget + [Target Name] = assign the target *
/exS or /exSay = says your target and bound key back to you
/exX or /exOff = unbinds the target command, restores normal functionality
*Previous versions of this module required you to backslash quote your target, but a kind soul shared with me a clever solution to avoid needing to do that.

Example Exaltation situation:
Let's say I have Exalt slotted to my R key, and I'm going to want to cast it on the main DPS character in party "Damage Dealer"

This initializes the module (only once needed per character)

/exI

Next, override the R key bind with the targeted exalt command

/exR
Set the target for the targeted exalt command, spelling out the target name (not case sensitive). This is the only manual / inelegant party of the experience. (see above*)

/exT Damage Dealer
Optionally, say the status of the Exalt Keybind and the target. (mostly for debugging)

/exS

From here, I can press R to hard-target cast Exaltation on "Damage Dealer". Note that this might cause your character to turn, which is a little disorienting at first but not terrible to get used to.

Once I'm done and ready to return to normal, I disable the module to restore my R key

/exX

Exaltation Targeted Command Keybind Module Code
Add this to CommandAliases.txt

alias exSaySuccess "say Success..."
alias exKeyIntro "say Exalt Keybind not set, use exQ, exW, or exR to set"
alias exTgtIntro "say Exalt Target not set, use exTar or exTgt and character name in quotes to set target"
alias exUnbIntro "say Nothing to Unbind!"
alias exInitKey "alias say_ex_key exKeyIntro " 
alias exInitTgt "alias say_ex_target exTgtIntro "
alias exInitUnb "alias ex_unbind_command exUnbIntro "
alias exInit "exInitKey $$ exInitTgt $$ exInitUnb $$ exSaySuccess "
alias exI exInit
alias exS exSay
alias exSay "say_ex_key $$ say_ex_target"
alias exTgtSay "say Target: {}"
alias exTarget "alias ex_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ex_target exTgtSay {}"
alias exTgt "alias ex_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ex_target exTgtSay {}"
alias exTar "alias ex_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ex_target exTgtSay {}"
alias exT "alias ex_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ex_target exTgtSay {}"
alias exSay_Q "say Key set to Q .......... exX to restore."
alias exSay_E "say Key set to E .......... exX to restore."
alias exSay_R "say Key set to R .......... exX to restore."
alias exUnbind_Q "unbind q"
alias exUnbind_E "unbind e"
alias exUnbind_R "unbind r"
alias exQ "bind q exCommand_Q $$ alias say_ex_key exSay_Q $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbind_Q "
alias exE "bind e exCommand_E $$ alias say_ex_key exSay_E $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbind_E "
alias exR "bind r exCommand_R $$ alias say_ex_key exSay_R $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbind_R "
alias exCommand_Q "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ex_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias exCommand_E "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ex_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias exCommand_R "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ex_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias exX exOff
alias exOff "ex_unbind_command $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbIntro $$ exInitKey "
Divine Glow Module
This module is similar to the Exaltation module, and can live alongside it (in fact see below for some additional code if you're running both). There are 2 key differences from the Exalt module:
  • When you set it up, instead of overriding an existing Q E or R power, you set up a new bind for the targeted version. You pass it the key you want to bind when you call /dgQ /dgE or /dgR. It still needs to know which slot DG is in, so it can call the right power. Please note that currently this only supports binding to unmodified keys (no ctrl+ or alt+).
  • The bind that this module sets up triggers the +specialClassPower command, toggling your divinity status. This is intended so that you can start off combat with this command and it swaps you to divinity and casts divine DG on your main DPS all in one press. However, if you are already in divine mode, it will instead toggle your divinity off and cast a normal DG. You can remove this functionality by getting rid of +specialClassPower $$ in the 3 dgCommand_ aliases.
Here are the available commands

/dgI  = initialize (only need to run this once)
/dgQ /dgE or /dgR + [key_to_bind] = bind key_to_bind to the targeted d. DG power
/dgT + [target_name] = assign the target
/dgS  = says your target and bound key back to you
/dgX  = unbinds the target command, restores normal functionality

Example Divine Glow situation:
Let's say I have Divine Glow slotted to my E key, I'm going to bind the new targeted command to the t key, and I'm going to want to cast it on the main DPS character in party "Damage Dealer"

This initializes the module (only once needed per character)

/dgI

Next, bind the T key with the targeted d. DG command

/dgE t
Set the target for the targeted divine glow command, spelling out the target's name.

/dgT Damage Dealer
Optionally, say the status of the d. DG Keybind and the target. (mostly for debugging)

/dgS

From here, I can press T to toggle Divinity and hard-target cast Divine Glow on "Damage Dealer".

Once I'm done and ready to return to normal, I disable the module to restore my T key

/dgX

Divine Glow Targeted Command Keybind Module Code
Add this to CommandAliases.txt

alias dgSaySuccess "say Success..."
alias dgKeyIntro "say Divine DG Keybind not set, use dgQ dgE or dgR + key to set"
alias dgTgtIntro "say Divine DG Target not set, use dgTar or dgTgt and character name in quotes to set target"
alias dgUnbIntro "say Nothing to Unbind!"
alias dgInitKey "alias say_dg_key dgKeyIntro " 
alias dgInitTgt "alias say_dg_target dgTgtIntro "
alias dgInitUnb "alias dg_unbind_command dgUnbIntro "
alias dgInit "dgInitKey $$ dgInitTgt $$ dgInitUnb $$ dgSaySuccess "
alias dgI dgInit
alias dgS dgSay
alias dgSay "say_dg_key $$ say_dg_target"
alias dgTgtSay "say Target: {}"
alias dgTarget "alias dg_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_dg_target dgTgtSay {}"
alias dgTgt "alias dg_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_dg_target dgTgtSay {}"
alias dgTar "alias dg_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_dg_target dgTgtSay {}"
alias dgT "alias dg_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_dg_target dgTgtSay {}"
alias dgSay_Q "say DG in Q slot. targeted DG bound to {} dgX to restore."
alias dgSay_E "say DG in E slot. targeted DG bound to {} dgX to restore."
alias dgSay_R "say DG in R slot. targeted DG bound to {} dgX to restore."
alias dgUnbind "unbind {}"
alias dgQ "bind {} dgCommand_Q $$ alias say_dg_key dgSay_Q {}$$ alias dg_unbind_command dgUnbind {}"
alias dgE "bind {} dgCommand_E $$ alias say_dg_key dgSay_E {}$$ alias dg_unbind_command dgUnbind {}"
alias dgR "bind {} dgCommand_R $$ alias say_dg_key dgSay_R {}$$ alias dg_unbind_command exUnbind {}"
alias dgCommand_Q "hardtargetlock 1 $$ dg_tgt_command $$ +specialClassPower $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias dgCommand_E "hardtargetlock 1 $$ dg_tgt_command $$ +specialClassPower $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias dgCommand_R "hardtargetlock 1 $$ dg_tgt_command $$ +specialClassPower $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias dgX dgOff
alias dgOff "dg_unbind_command $$ alias dg_unbind_command dgUnbIntro $$ dgInitKey "
If you're running both Exalt + Divine Glow Modules
We can set up some /ed shortcuts that let us configure both modules at once.

alias edI "exI $$ dgI "
alias edT "exT {}$$ dgT{}"
alias edS "exS $$ dgS "
alias edX "exX $$ dgX "
Here are the added commands

/edI  = initialize both modules (only need to run this once)
/edT + [Target_Name] = assign same target for both modules
/edS  = say binds and targets for both modules
/edX  = unbinds both target commands, restores normal functionality

Example Exalt + Divine Glow situation:
Let's say I have Exaltation slotted to my R key and Divine Glow slotted to my E key, I'm going to bind the new d. DG targeted command to the t key, and I'm going to want to cast both spells on the main DPS character in party "Damage Dealer"

This initializes both modules

/edI

Next, override the R key bind with the targeted exalt command

/exR
Now set up the d. DG bind for the t key. DG is slotted in E so we use /dgE.

/dgE t
Set the target for the targeted commands, spelling out the target name.

/edT Damage Dealer
Optionally, say the status of the Keybinds and the target. (mostly for debugging)

/edS

From here, I can press T to toggle Divinity and hard-target cast Divine Glow on "Damage Dealer". Or I can press R to hard-target cast Exaltation (usually empowered) on "Damage Dealer"

Once I'm done and ready to return to normal, I disable both modules to restore my T and R keys

/edX

Generic Ctrl+ Keybind Module
add to CommandAliases.txt

alias ctInitSuccess "say Success..."
alias ctTargetIntro "say ctrl+ target not set, use ctt + target to set"
alias ctUnbIntro "say Nothing to Unbind!"
alias ctUnbCommand "unbind ctrl+q $$ unbind ctrl+e $$ unbind ctrl+r"
alias ctStatusOff "say ctrl+ target: off"
alias ctStatusOn "say ctrl+ target: on"
alias ctInitStatus "alias say_ct_status ctStatusOff"
alias ctSayTgt "say ctrl+ target: {}"
alias ctInitTgt "alias say_ct_target ctTargetIntro"
alias ctInitUnb "alias ct_unbind_command ctUnbIntro"
alias ctCommand_Q "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ct_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias ctCommand_E "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ct_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias ctCommand_R "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ct_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias ctBindCommand "bind ctrl+q ctCommand_Q $$ bind ctrl+e ctCommand_E $$ bind ctrl+r ctCommand_R"
alias ctI "ctInitTgt $$ ctInitUnb $$ ctInitSuccess"
alias ctT "alias ct_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ct_target ctSayTgt {}$$ ctBindCommand $$ alias ct_unbind_command ctUnbCommand $$ alias say_ct_status ctStatusOn"
alias ctS "say_ct_status $$ say_ct_target"
alias ctX "ct_unbind_command $$ ctInitTgt $$ ctInitUnb $$ ctInitStatus"
What this does is simplifies the advanced modules a little, and makes it much easier to test which powers this might make sense for in combat.

Initialize the module (only need to do this once per character)

/ctI
Turn on the ctrl+ target commands, specifying the target name (ex. my target "damage dealer")

/ctT  damage dealer
now I can use ctrl+q ctrl+e or ctrl+r to cast the targeted version of each respective power. It works in divine mode etc.

There is a weird behavior I don't understand: Your character won't actually turn around to cast an AoE splat power, even if your target is behind you (might not be the worst thing haha). This remains the case even if i unbind holding ctrl to be a target lock...

Turn off when you're done

/ctX
... and as predicted you can ask it the debug status

/ctS
Good for playing around seeing what makes sense to target and what doesn't. Not all powers can be targeted on allies, and it will error out if you try to cast for instance Break the Spirit on your own companion. But Chains can, because it plops down centered around them.

This can also be used to name the boss, so you can consistently cast debuff powers on them (similar to hard target lock, but even safer imo)

PS: Console is not case sensitive. I love being all proper case, but you can get away with being sloppy :)
Last edited by dupeks on Mon Jul 24, 2017 06:18, edited 5 times in total.

dupeks

Re: Advanced Keybind Modules: Exalt & d. DG

Post by dupeks » Sat Jul 08, 2017 03:34

The thing I'm on the hunt for now is a way to save the current target I"m looking at, rather than having to type out the name. Janne suggested I look at the $target variable, but it doesn't look like that's going to be simple to use.

It appears that $Target doesn't save the value, and instead resolves it at the moment you execute the final command invoking it.

I tested this by setting up a quick command

/alias test_target "alias say_cmd Say value of target: $target"
/bind ctrl+t test_target
/bind ctrl+s say_cmd

now when I ctrl+t, it executes the alias to "save" the say_cmd. And when I ctrl+s, it says what it aliased.

But pointing at different things makes /say_cmd say different things. And if I currently have no target, it doesn't say anything at all. If it "saved" the $target value as it aliased say_cmd, then it would always repeat back to me the saved name.

I also tried the actual exalt command, it behaves as if I weren't passing it a target parameter.

So we need a way of having it resolve $Target value rather than delaying resolution to execution time.

Always looking for ideas <3

Bert
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert » Sat Jul 08, 2017 08:23

This is interesting, thank you for sharing. I might try these out one of these days on my DC. One question : my T key is set to open the map, when I finalize and get back to normal, will it automatically return to the last bind I did for that key ? If I understood correctly it will, just want to make sure.

dupeks

Post by dupeks » Sat Jul 08, 2017 18:01

Bert wrote:This is interesting, thank you for sharing. I might try these out one of these days on my DC. One question : my T key is set to open the map, when I finalize and get back to normal, will it automatically return to the last bind I did for that key ? If I understood correctly it will, just want to make sure.
The game binds get overriden, not erased. So if you set up T to open work map based on the Esc-> Options -> Keybinds UI, then once you unbind T it should revert back to that world map bind.

I use T as auto-run, and when I unbind it I get my auto-run back.

Bert
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert » Sat Jul 08, 2017 19:16

kk thank you!

dupeks

Post by dupeks » Wed Jul 12, 2017 03:27

A kind soul pointed me to a solution to my inelegant \"target name\" passing.

It turns out that in the target alias command, you need to be careful about adding a space after passed params {}

The following works without the need to quote the param

alias exT "alias ex_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ex_target exTgtSay {}"
But the below (earlier version) command does not work without the \" around the param

alias exT "alias ex_tgt_command target {} $$ alias say_ex_target exTgtSay {}"
It would appear that {} is expected at the end of a command. And if it's not (by adding a space before the $$ operator) then it needs to be quoted. My current hypothesis is that adding that space was inadvertently adding a space to the target name, but quoting it would force the command to just take the quoted portion. Removing the extra space removed the need for the quotes.

Thank you kind soul <3

PS: Kind soul also pointed out I don't need to be capitalizing everything, as console is not case sensitive. He's right. I knew that, but boy do I love my proper casing. Admittedly I let it slip in the heat of battle...

dupeks

Post by dupeks » Sun Jul 23, 2017 18:25

I have an interesting new addition for those of you willing to help test things out:

Generic Ctrl+ Keybind Module
add to CommandAliases.txt

alias ctInitSuccess "say Success..."
alias ctTargetIntro "say ctrl+ target not set, use ctt + target to set"
alias ctUnbIntro "say Nothing to Unbind!"
alias ctUnbCommand "unbind ctrl+q $$ unbind ctrl+e $$ unbind ctrl+r"
alias ctStatusOff "say ctrl+ target: off"
alias ctStatusOn "say ctrl+ target: on"
alias ctInitStatus "alias say_ct_status ctStatusOff"
alias ctSayTgt "say ctrl+ target: {}"
alias ctInitTgt "alias say_ct_target ctTargetIntro"
alias ctInitUnb "alias ct_unbind_command ctUnbIntro"
alias ctCommand_Q "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ct_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias ctCommand_E "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ct_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias ctCommand_R "hardtargetlock 1 $$ ct_tgt_command $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ hardtargetlock 0" 
alias ctBindCommand "bind ctrl+q ctCommand_Q $$ bind ctrl+e ctCommand_E $$ bind ctrl+r ctCommand_R"
alias ctI "ctInitTgt $$ ctInitUnb $$ ctInitSuccess"
alias ctT "alias ct_tgt_command target {}$$ alias say_ct_target ctSayTgt {}$$ ctBindCommand $$ alias ct_unbind_command ctUnbCommand $$ alias say_ct_status ctStatusOn"
alias ctS "say_ct_status $$ say_ct_target"
alias ctX "ct_unbind_command $$ ctInitTgt $$ ctInitUnb $$ ctInitStatus"
What this does is simplifies the advanced modules a little, and makes it much easier to test which powers this might make sense for in combat.

Initialize the module (only need to do this once per character)

/ctI
Turn on the ctrl+ target commands, specifying the target name (ex. my target "damage dealer")

/ctT  damage dealer
now I can use ctrl+q ctrl+e or ctrl+r to cast the targeted version of each respective power. It works in divine mode etc.

There is a weird behavior I don't understand: Your character won't actually turn around to cast the power, even if your target is behind you (might not be the worst thing haha). This remains the case even if i unbind holding ctrl to be a target lock...

Turn off when you're done

/ctX
... and as predicted you can ask it the debug status

/ctS
Good for playing around seeing what makes sense to target and what doesn't. Not all powers can be targeted on allies, and it will error out if you try to cast for instance Break the Spirit on your own companion. But Chains can, because it plops down centered around them.

Cheers,

Samaka
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by Samaka » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37

I am using a simplified version of this system and have a problem.

I have the following in my CommandAliases.txt file:

alias hardBless "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {}$$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ hardtargetlock 0"
Then in my ext_keybinds.txt file I have:

0x5 "hardBless Partner" ""
Partner is replaced with the actual char name of my partner whom I am always hunting with... this works perfectly.

Now... if I type the following on the command line directly it works:

/harddargetlock 1 $$ target @handle $$ +PowerTrayExec 3 $$ hardtargetlock 0
However, if I simply change my keybinding to this:

0x5 "hardBless @handle" ""
It does not work at all... why does this not work? I'd much rather be able to cast on my partner regardless of the character they are on... if it works directly why won't it work as a parameter?

EDIT: Well now I have no idea what it happening, been trying to make this work... and now the "/target @handle" command doesn't seem to work at all... so I am really stumped as to why it was working once but won't now. Anyone know if targeting by @handle is supposed to work or not?

EDIT2: Well it looks like you CAN NOT target someone by @handle, I was trying to figure this out and it looks like the game will target something when you use an @handle, but it was just luck it was targeting my partner that first time I tried. Sorry for any confusion, it looks like character names are the only valid way to target someone!

lowjohn

Post by lowjohn » Fri Sep 08, 2017 21:39

I use a simpler variant on this.
command #1: /bind z "tar $$ hardtargetlock 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ hardtargetlock 0"

This tells NW that when you press "z" (could be any key, I just used z because fuck "toggle quest trail"), you want to execute "tar", and then "hardtargetlock 1", and then "powertrayexec 2", and then "hardtargetlock 0". So. Obvious question, what does "tar" do? IT DOES NOTHING! Let's fix that.

command #2: /alias tar target <PlayerName>

where <PlayerName> is whoever you want to target. This causes "tar" to mean "target this specific PC"

So what happens then is that I use "/alias tar target DPS_NAME". Now, every time I press Z, it targets the DPS, locks on to him so I can't target anyone else, executes the Encounter Power in the "q" position, then unlocks from the DPS.

Ah, but I hear, "how will I remember that Alias command syntax?" I'm glad you asked!

Command #3: /bind h startchatwith "/alias tar target " <--------note the space before the last quotation mark.

So when I want to use Exaltation in a party, I tap "h", type the name of the DPS I want to buff, and press enter. From then on, I can use Exaltation normally with "q" or abnormally with "z", and when I hit z it always unerringly targets whoever I specified with "h".

This works for any power you slot in "q", which is where I always stick exaltation. If you want to use a different power, change the powertrayexec number in the first command.

Giveuh
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Giveuh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 22:51

Hi,
I know it's an old post, but I would like to improve the "idref" command by automatically add and refine equipment.
I've checked the available gens and I've found the command "genSendMessage BulkSalvage_Addequipment" but I don't know which string to put after that to add the equipment. I've tried multiple things (True, true, 1, Activate, clicked, ...) but none works.
Do you have any idea which I can try or where I could find a list of possible input strings to try them ?
Nice day to you :)

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Sun Apr 22, 2018 14:25

If you want to add a certain item you would probably have to get its unique identifier or something. I don't know that specific command however, so can't help a ton here.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

nialscorva
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by nialscorva » Mon Apr 23, 2018 20:32

alias idall "suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ inventory $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Identifyall clicked"
alias refine "suspendForcedMouselookAndStopMoving 0 $$ inventory $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Refinebulksalvage clicked"

alias idref "idall $$ refine $$ gensendmessage Inventoryoption_Refinebulksalvage clicked $$ gensendmessage Bulksalvage_Addgemfood Rowactivated $$ gensendmessage Bulksalvage_Addequipment Rowactivated"
This works, though sometimes the equipment isn't identified before the equipment command goes through, leaving newly identified items off the bulk list.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55

Uh nice one. Yeah, you can't add a delay unfortunately. So that's why it's not always working.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Dawn Starr

Post by Dawn Starr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 23:31

using the bind q e r part of exhalt code was giving me problems, but the DG code was working so i changed it:
alias exQ "bind {} exCommand_Q $$ alias say_ex_key exSay_Q $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbind_Q "
alias exE "bind {} exCommand_E $$ alias say_ex_key exSay_E $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbind_E "
alias exR "bind {} exCommand_R $$ alias say_ex_key exSay_R $$ alias ex_unbind_command exUnbind_R "

this works soo much better

alias edT "exT {}$$ dgT{}" has a missing space make it: alias edT "exT {}$$ dgT {}"