Patron markers

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Patron markers

Post by beckylunatic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 16:19

Remember how these were uncovered by data-mining but there was no info released referencing them? There's a Reddit topic going into the effects.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/co ... ot_easier/
"no logs, only fix"

LancerOPM
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: Patron markers

Post by LancerOPM » Thu Jul 27, 2017 19:26

interesting, i guess some QoL improvements were bound to happen, since u can buy the campaigns aswell...

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 20:11

I think we're caught in a little misunderstanding here. There seems to be campaign improvements that have nothing to do with the so called "Patron Markers" we found in the game files.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 20:28

Could be. Reddit users also noted additional Caer Konig and Bryn Shander Reputation on quests that specifically reference "the influence of your patron".
"no logs, only fix"

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion » Thu Jul 27, 2017 23:12

I am betting we're seeing something that wasn't meant for release at this time.

Classy
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by Classy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 04:13

Latest preview patch:

"Players no longer incorrectly gain extra reputation from certain campaign quests."

RIP

Guess I won't be doing SKT on my GF after all.

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Wed Aug 23, 2017 00:04

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/co ... ?context=3

Still mostly left unsaid but... slated for next module. 12b or 13? It's presumably a good fit for a QoL-focused B module, so possibly debuting very soon.

It occurs to me that even if you're done your campaigns, depending on what currencies are meant to be affected with the entire system functioning, it could help with filling stronghold coffers as well. It doesn't really make sense to try to accelerate progress by boosting the gain of some currencies but not others, because mostly all that does is move the chokepoints around.

If it's a Zen purchase as some of the datamining indicates, I'd have to assume you're buying into an account flag that would affect every alt you make.
"no logs, only fix"

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 00:21

afaik nobody figured it out
:twisted: :evil:
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

TheHappyLion
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by TheHappyLion » Wed Aug 23, 2017 01:14

Yeah, that's what is kind of naive. Not much gets by us.

lowjohn

Post by lowjohn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 15:27

This sort of thing already exists in STO: For a chunk of campaign currency, any character that has finished a campaign may purchase a Patron token (account-bound). You pass it off to your alt, they redeem it, and from then on, all their campaign progress is doubled.

For Neverwinter, it's likely to be similar? In STO, it only affects "campaign XP", which is the equivalent of Bryn Shander Rep - the stuff you earn daily but don't "spend" per se. At a guess, the way it would work for, like, Underdark and Dread Ring and stuff would be to give you two day's progress for the price of one.