RP System Rework

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
PutzBoy78
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

RP System Rework

Post by PutzBoy78 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 03:53

PutzBoy78

Re: RP System Rework

Post by PutzBoy78 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 04:01

Honestly we new it was coming. I'm disappointed because its a power nerf instead of a diminishing return adjustment. Which is what we really need.

I'm surprised they'd bring this up during a 2xRP weekend, will be interesting to see how the market reacts (already the market has been way down this weekend).

The Good
Freeing up baggage space
Simplify RP and upgrade system
Should make game more attractive for newer players (narrows the performance gap between BIS players and non-BIS)

The Bad
Will content get adjusted accordingly?
Is Bonding still viable with a 50% downtime (they say it will still be BIS, but how much better does bonding need to be to make up for pet agro, pet death, and inconsistent stats
Power Share will take a heavy nerf. Is this the end of Power share for DCs and Ops?
What's the real cost of this system, they say it will be cheaper but will it?

So much to digest...

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 04:39

I think there's some validity to the point that removing the need for matching enchants is a huge cost savings that players aren't taking into account because it's currently "invisible" in the tables, unlike the additional ranks and marks.

I have a lot of questions, but I'm too not-BiS to be negatively affected by moving the goalposts.
"no logs, only fix"

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 04:44

we did however, know something was coming. Wether its a level cap increase which would effectively have the same impact of nerfing enchant value/effectiveness or this method. My chief concern is if the game will get balanced around the new stat curves and what is the impact on power sharing as a viable build. As a DC we just saw DO get resurrected with the buff to TI, is this going to kill AA/BoB spamming?

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 04:49

this will change how we manage RP, i can't be the only one that saved equipment refinements stones just to use on equipment because upgrading equipment is far more expensive than enchants

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 04:52

(I don't give a flying fuck because I never did bother to learn how to play AC/DC. lulz)

In all seriousness, I think the concerns of players who have balanced their RI and crit chance around bonding uptime are valid, if for the most part childishly expressed.
"no logs, only fix"

beckylunatic

Post by beckylunatic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 04:59

PutzBoy78 wrote:this will change how we manage RP, i can't be the only one that saved equipment refinements stones just to use on equipment because upgrading equipment is far more expensive than enchants
Depends how rewards are balanced. If all RP is universal, then rewards for quests in DR and Shar can be used on equipment, whereas right now this would be inefficient.

And honestly, because of how I play, I'm constantly flooded with account-bound equipment RP. I've been completely filling items on alts just because I had nothing better to do with all my peridot and pearl stacks.

For this 2xRP event, it looks like it makes sense to upgrade equipment as there's no net loss. Artifacts are a go, and maybe a must depending if the feeder system will no longer be effective. Enchants will be vastly better to wait on.
"no logs, only fix"

Shadowblade
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 06:37

I wonder what I will do with all my bank space and bag slots? I'll have to hoard something else now!

But the RP Currency Pool should be account-wide, like Zen.

And I finally have enough Rank 8 Bondings from VIP key drops to make three Rank 10, but now I don't need to burn six Rank 8 upgrading six Rank 9, just so I can burn three rank 9 upgrading the other three to rank 10. SO glad I did not do it last 2xRP. But it seems like they are nerfed, anyway, so I might as well stick with Legendary Ioun and Loyal Avenger/Striker gear from the Gateway.

Chain-Refining enchants and runes will be a lot easier. But what about getting, say, Bruenor's Helm and Globe of 3rd Eye to Rank 59 to feed them to Artifacts of Stability and Union? Is that gone?

I recently ran 14 characters through the Dread Ring Double Currency event and then did the Choose a Lair quests multiple times to get GMoUs!

LOL! (not)
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 07:50

I haven't looked into the full math yet, but I would trust them that the actual refining process 1-12 now is actually easier and cheaper. That being said, the price of that is a hefty nerf to Bondings while throwing Rank 14s our way to come up for the stats loss.

Also puzzling is Augments vs. Bondings now. Bondings at Rank 14 give 195% stats at 50% uptime. Not only does this rule out certain stats on Bondings (ArPen, Defense), with Eldritch Runestones Augments now are additionally far superior at 176.5%. Maybe I'm missing something here, but for now the Bulette seems to be front-runner for fotm. It's the only augment with three defensive slots.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 07:55

Another observation: Empowered can give toons 100k HP through an Augment. That's a lot of AoC DPS. Combine this with the new Tenebrous and all DPS classes could run the same high HP + Tene + OP in party build. A 300k HP toon with 28% procs 28% of the time does 23,520 extra damage per hit on average.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 08:08

The stat difference between bondng and augment isnt that great. At BIS with zero eldrich augment total stats is 33324, one eldritch = 41829, two eldritch = 45004, three eldritch = 47160, bonded = 41623

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 08:23

Thanks Putz. Is it just the percentages not resulting in too many more stats or have I missed something? 195% at 50% uptime vs. 176.5% seems huge. Still 6k give or take.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Thu Aug 31, 2017 08:38

Does 'with the coming update' mean 'today' or 'next week' or 'with 12b' ?
What about the 2xRP today? WIll it be gone?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 08:40

It's coming with 12b, def not today. Dev said they hope to bring this to preview soon. There will be a test phase.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Thu Aug 31, 2017 09:25

Ah, just read it, is in preview section. Well, i think i should copy my character 10 times today before 2xRP to have enough RP to test stuff.

Next question: will the Sellsword still be viable? i'd have bondings + the armor shred for the entire party. Would really suck for the 50% uptime, but i'd hate farming even more equipment...

Also for the first time since i started playing in beta, for the last month or so i had the feeling to be able to reach BiS level in a reasonable amount of time and work. And boom, with L14 they raise the ceiling again, so that i again wont be able to reach it. I know, qq much, but having the feeling of 'finishing' my character is what was driving me the last few months. That'll be gone entirely.

etelgrin
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by etelgrin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05

Can we finally leave this shit and start together playing ESO?

Shadowblade
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:21

I did start ESO:TU a long while back with some friends from Skyrim and NW, but the game is huge. Good, but huge on disk space. Then, after just a few weeks, they hit me with a 30 GB patch to "prepare" the game for paid DLC which I would never want to buy.

That was game-breaking for me. 30 GB out of 50 GB per month data allowance was just too much for a patch for something I do not want to buy, so I stopped the upgrade and went back to Neverwinter exclusively. The whole of NW is just 14 GB or so, and the biggest patch they ever hit me with was about 2 GB, some time around the loadouts, AH, mailbox and bag overload limits.
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29

Also the combat of of ESO is slower (at least from my experience) and I HATE mana. Any games out there whith fast, fluid combat and no mana, that are proper western MMOs and not hack'n'slash like vindictus and such?

Natsu
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by Natsu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 13:31

since Profane runestones will give like 2k crit chicken with 2x defense and 1x offense might even be better then bullette

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 14:01

There's still a lot to figure out. If you have missed the initial Augment buyouts on the AH, I wouldn't overreact now. I personally am even utilizing the Double RP as usual.