Tool for analysing guild-donations

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
STSchiff
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Tool for analysing guild-donations

Post by STSchiff » Tue Jan 09, 2018 21:53

Hey folks,
i wrote a program over the last few days to import and interpret guild donation logs. I posted this to a couple of forums already, but so far didnt get a single response, there doesnt seem to be much interest in this :/

Download:
Version 0.7
Version 0.63
Version 0.62
Version 0.6
Version 0.51
Version 0.4
Version 0.3

Instructions:
1. In Neverwinter execute the command 'ExportGuildDonationLog E:\Neverwinterlogs\donation.csv'. As path chose one which neverwinter has permission to write to. If you've use the command correctly, a message should pop up in the system channel. Sometimes you need to execute the command twice.
2. Start the tool and click 'Import'. Now choose the file you exported in step one. If you let 'Datei umbenennen' ticked, the file will be renamed with the date of the last entry, so you wont overwrite it the next time you export the log. Awesome for binding the export command to a key. If an error pops up, click 'Cancel' and repeat step one.
3. Enter a date and choose one of the reports from the dropdown menu. There currently are statistics for gems, surplus equipment, influence, vouchers, and an overview of all ressources. You should now see the magic in the field below :D

You can also make you own statements via SQL. Type them into the SQL box and hit 'Abfrage'. A good starting point is 'select * from input'.

Please remember neverwinter does only provide the last 500 entries in the log, so to have a complete coverage of all donations you must export the log every few days, depending on guild size and activity.

The source is open, if youre interesting in taking a look or helping me, feel free to answer and ill share a link to github :)

Unfortunately I don't know how to certify my program to microsoft, so you will probably get a warning when you start it for the first time. As much as its worth, you can skip the warning. If any kind of antivirus program triggers tho, do NOT run the program and report back to me please.

Feel free to try it out and make suggestions.
Last edited by STSchiff on Mon Dec 10, 2018 22:54, edited 12 times in total.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: Tool for analysing guild-donations

Post by j0Shi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 22:30

Thanks! Will take a look at it tomorrow.

I think Janne wanted to do something similar on their site, but not sure what the progress is.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Janne
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue

Post by Janne » Tue Jan 09, 2018 22:52

Did half of it, at the end did it server side, but with no accounts, edit token, and view token, but have work deadlines so not much time to play, nor do extra stuff, probably will finish at the start of next month.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Tue Jan 09, 2018 22:56

This program is running local, i kinda dislike web development ^^' Just a simple local SQLite-Database, with all the advantages and disadvantages :D

Janne

Post by Janne » Tue Jan 09, 2018 23:31

Yeah, I wanted to do local too, in browser (so still web,i guess) but then I thought... I'll just auto wipe older, or not used records and can do it shared.

But I think totally local tool is nice too, some probably don't want to upload their data, even if it's browser local storage it feels like uploading.

Bert
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Bert » Thu Jan 11, 2018 04:39

This is pretty neat! For guilds or alliances that are running donation events or contests, the program is very helpful. Or to simply keep track of the most active donating members.

Thank you for sharing

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:41

Quick update: We are using the tool to run a siege voucher farming event in our guild, running well :)
I made some improvements to the tool, will edit the main post.

Version 0.4 changes:
- More Options for statistics, see screenshot.
- Automatically run statistic, so you don't need to hit 'Auswerten!' anymore. One click less :D
- Added checking of the entries. If an error message pops up, you need to run the exportguildlog-command again, because some item names are missing in the file.
- Added error handling to file renaming.

Download: See main post.

PreciousPrincess
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by PreciousPrincess » Fri Feb 02, 2018 09:11

Sounds like a good tool for figuring out who the leeches to kick are. This is awesome, and will be very helpful in setting up proper contribution requirements to maximize the toil one can extract from one's guild underlings.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:31

I actually like to have leeches in my guild, as long as they are socialy active. Contributing to the guild with a nice attitude and even basic chatter is sometimes more worth then donating frequently.

Btw, a new version with english user interface is coming soon (like next week).
I also realised that different language games export their files diferently, which sucks big time, so if you play your game in a language thats not english or german and want to use the tool, please post here so I can implement that other language.

Blindfury11
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Post by Blindfury11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 16:32

I've tried using it but when I launch it, nothing happens. I see it creating the SQL file but other than that, nothing comes up. Tried to run as admin, using compatibility mode, checked anti-virus etc. Any ideas?

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Tue Feb 27, 2018 16:49

I had the same problem with a recent version, no clue, where its coming from :( I switched to an older Version and it worked again, try this one:
https://github.com/chrisheib/NWO-Donati ... /tag/v0.51
English (working :D ) version is still in work, looking to complete it this week, if i have time left while grinding ^^'

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Sun May 20, 2018 01:14

ITS TIME!
Finally got around to making a new version 0.6. The grind was long since Feb 27th ^^'

Download link is in the first post!

New version finally has an english user interface!
It also remembers from where you loaded your logs, so you dont have to tediously navigate to the folder every time.
It also checks for new versions on startup, so you don't have to visit this thread to stay up to date.

More improvements, especially the saving of the selected dates und around the version checker, are around the corner, so stay tuned :)

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Mon May 21, 2018 11:05

And another minor version v0.61, date and updater should now be working correctly.
God, all those barriers set up by windows and anti-virus-softwares and firewalls and whatnot discourage development so massively... Annoying to the max.

ArchAngelZorak

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Tue May 22, 2018 22:47

Tried 0.62, 0.6 and 0.51. None of them will run. The sql gets created but thats it.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Wed May 23, 2018 06:43

Wow, i can't even...
I'll make a version later that tries to do less things at startup, maybe the version check is to much for it. Windows probably won't allow it anyway, I wonder, how other developers manage to program updaters or version checks. Mine doesn't even download any files or anything... Not like discord, they like download the complete program sometimes without further question or any problems... Guess ill need to look at some more code by them, maybe i'll find some inspiration.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Wed May 23, 2018 17:22

@ArchAngelZorak
New Version is out, it shouldn't crash anymore if it can't check the version for some reason.
Link in the first post as usual.
PLEASE try it out and report back :) I'm desperate to finally get this running correctly...

ArchAngelZorak

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Wed May 23, 2018 17:59

@STSchiff
Downloaded latest version, extracted to deskop. Ran NW-Spendenmonitor.exe. It creates the nwmonitor.sqlite file and thats it. Still no luck. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 latest update if that helps any.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Wed May 23, 2018 18:42

@ArchangelZorak can you try https://github.com/chrisheib/NWO-Donati ... ncheck.zip please? I commented out the version checking, that seems to break some stuff... Could you maybe upload the .sqlite-file for me on https://workupload.com/ or similar? Maybe an error gets logged or sth...

ArchAngelZorak

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Wed May 23, 2018 19:52

@STSchiff Same thing again. Might not be playing well with Windows Defender. Here is the sqlite file. https://workupload.com/file/AAUV7pC
I temporarily disabled windows defender, no change.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Wed May 23, 2018 20:59

@ArchangelZorak
Okey, right now I'm guessing something in the conversion of dates goes wrong.
Try this please: https://github.com/chrisheib/NWO-Donati ... -debug.zip
This is a version with very annoying debug output. Please try to run it, and tell me what the LAST messsage is that you get.
May I ask what timeformat does your windows use? Which language is your windows in?