Mod 13 Unexpected Oddities

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Mod 13 Unexpected Oddities

Post by Shadowblade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 05:47

Another >6 GB download!

I just logged in after the Mod 13 update and began Invoking and resetting any Boon Tasks that had completed.

The first odd thing I noticed (apart from a conversation about The Crown with Lord Neverember showing bits of IWD and WoD if that is where the characters were) was making a Dragon's Queen Key in the WoD campaign window.

I claimed one that had completed, and could not start another for 12-16 hours or so, AIR. WTF? Are they trying to reduce the Salvage we get from Tiamat chests, I wonder?

On the next character, I could make one in a few seconds, and then saw a 20 hour cool down. So not as bad as I thought.

So instead of taking 20 hours to complete, it now completes in about 5 seconds, then has a 20 hour cool down? Did I miss this in the patch notes?

What is the point/benefit of this change?

I still have to wait 18 hours to go up a Rung of the Underdark Ladder, though. So Keys are Instant, the next rung to get a Boon is not.

I know what I would prefer...
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Agilesto
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Mod 13 Unexpected Oddities

Post by Agilesto » Wed Feb 28, 2018 08:24

So instead of taking 20 hours to complete, it now completes in about 5 seconds, then has a 20 hour cool down? Did I miss this in the patch notes?
Yes you missed this line in the big patch notes : "Campaign tasks to create keys now award a key instantly, then go on cooldown."

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:17

Bummer. I'll have to read them again, more carefully.

I also noticed it's only 100,000 XP for a post-70 level up reward, instead of 1,750,000 XP. That seems excessive. Reducing to 1 million would have been good, 500k generous. But 100k?

They do seem to have reduced the XP for various things, though, but not by enough so it matters. For invoking and turning in quests I wear cheap trash gear with Azures and bring mounts with Prosperities to the stable, so my characters have between 100 and 124% XP Bonus. My currently Active character leveled up three times in one play session. In fact, the three Daily Demonics in Dread Ring, Icewind Dale and WoD is easily more than enough for a daily level up.

Some of the old SH dungeon quests I have, from lower levels, award something like 80 to 95k XP. Not sure if those will have been changed. But then, after Rhix was banished, I still got AD for his old quests until the Random Dungeon thing came in. So it might be a while...

Cheers!
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

Gemmed Exquisite
Favorite Class: Hunter Ranger

Post by Gemmed Exquisite » Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:09

They have also brought back the original values of Voninblood & other stuff when restoring STK-gear.

Several people have asked if it was intended, but no answers yet, which probably means there is very little knowledge about the game roaming the cubicles of Cryptic...

Burlyfish
Preferred Gametype: PVP

Post by Burlyfish » Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:17

Yeah changes to the way we make and receive keys really pisses me off. Now we need to remember to check to see if CD is over so we can make another key. just so shitty of craptic to pull off another shady change in hopes they will sell more keys if players forget to make them. :x

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:28

That character just got a 4th level up, Black Opal and a Power Point. Some of my others got the Jack Pot Prize of 45k AD and a Power Point (that's with the 50% bonus AD from Invoking on characters I have not played for a few weeks).

When they realise that people with multiple characters are getting 45k AD and a Power Point every few days on all characters, they'll nerf the level up drop rates.

As we need 17.5 times fewer XP for a post-70 level, Craptrick math suggests they'll nerf the chance of AD and a Power Point by dividing by 50 to 75.

From one extreme to the other. So typical.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:30

I see it just the other way around, now if you forgot to make the key you can instantly get one instead of waiting 20 hours, for example when standing at the chest in TonG.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:33

Good point, STSchiff

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Wed Feb 28, 2018 16:16

Also what was really unexpected was the major tooltip revamp of DC powers, like there is everything in there now. Uptimes, exact percentages, etc. All the sweet stuff you needed to guess or measure yourself is now officially written down, which is awesome imo. Also it seems to me that alot of theorycrafters kinda 'favor' DC over other classes, why ever that may be, and to those its a really great cherry ontop of the cake.

Also the flamestrike buff is SO much more powerful then expected, and the buffing-nerfs where kinda okey, not much endgame groupcontent to be run atm anyway...

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish » Wed Feb 28, 2018 19:16

STSchiff wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:30
I see it just the other way around, now if you forgot to make the key you can instantly get one instead of waiting 20 hours, for example when standing at the chest in TonG.
And who's fought is it that you don't check to see if you have a key before you run the dungeon. Just another change cryptic made for the mentally challenged .

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Mar 01, 2018 07:39

STSchiff wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 16:16
Also what was really unexpected was the major tooltip revamp of DC powers, like there is everything in there now. Uptimes, exact percentages, etc.
Yeah, I've been asking for that since at least Mod 3, for all classes, back when many things that should did not benefit from Crit and ArPen. And I know thousands of others have as well.

I think it's the only way they can balance the classes - get the tool tips to say what is actually going on, accurately and unambiguously, according to the code. Then they can work on what is wrong and over-powered, under-powered, utterly useless and what works differently for one class compared to another. Feats that "decrease Encounter cool down by 6%", for example, where for one class it adds +0.06 to the divider (or something), but for OP is like actually having +1200 Recovery.

They should do the same with all the Boons as well, including internal cool downs, what counts to proc a boon etc.

:)

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Mar 01, 2018 07:58

Burlyfish wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 14:17
Now we need to remember to check to see if CD is over so we can make another key. just so shitty of craptic to pull off another shady change in hopes they will sell more keys if players forget to make them. :x
Burlyfish wrote:
And who's fought is it that you don't check to see if you have a key before you run the dungeon. Just another change cryptic made for the mentally challenged.
Well, you can't have it both ways. Either it's an attempt to push buying keys (which I doubt) or they think we are mentally challenged. Either way, we have to remember to check the campaign window to make a key, or make sure we make the key before we run. But being able to make a key en route is a slight advantage over before.

Most of my characters have far too many Dragon Queen Keys and the best loot comes from a Victory without a key, anyway. Decent stuff is rarely in the chest but, when it is, it can be decent salvage or an Artifact. The lower level keys are a waste. Far better to save those currencies and buy a Haarl's Treatise from the Campaign Store than make keys for a dungeon where it never drops.

No one should ever be spending Zen on keys for those chests. I think I only ever bought 2 packs of 5 (with coupons) and used the 2. DECLINE option for about 2 years before I had used all 10. That's multiple characters in Tiamat, Kessel's, Shores, Lostmauth etc. Back when those keys were in Inventory and could be put in the Shared Bank.

One thing I'd like them to fix is the notification when a campaign task is finished. The Campaign would have a green marker in the journal when a task like making a key was completed, but it never shows when I've finished spending the faezress on going up a rung on the Underdark ladder, so I have to check it every time, just in case.

I also wish they would make the journal put an X next to every quest by default. I am sick of things being auto-highlighted in Sharandar etc when what I want to do is the weeklies and dailies for IWD and WoD. Manually un-marking the auto-chosen quest path and X-ing out everything can be a real pain and time-waster.

And we should not confuse the developers at Cryptic with the Money Men in Grey Suits at PWE. Developers want to make a good game, they want to make it the best they can and they want the players to love it. It's PWE that seems to want to rip us off.

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish » Fri Mar 02, 2018 15:39

Also sounds like it is an attempt to cut players down on stock piling keys. For last 2 or 3 months i have been running tong so much i have not done much MSP or FBI . And in that time i have gathered over 75 keys to open chests in FBI or MSP . Only in the last few weeks before mod 13 have i started to burn off them keys running FBI or MSP 3 + times per day. With voniblod easy to come by i have NP to continue making them keys and they will get used in time. I know many others that do about the same thing . maybe cryptic has seen at times some players opening chest in same dungeon 5 or 10 times in one day and wonder how they have done so without epic dungeon keys from zen store. Just wait and soon it will be cryptics next move to only allow one of the keys we make for what every type of dungeon to be in inv and can not get another until it is used. Like the freebie dungeon key in PE.

PreciousPrincess
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by PreciousPrincess » Sat Mar 03, 2018 01:31

Burlyfish wrote:
Yeah changes to the way we make and receive keys really pisses me off. Now we need to remember to check to see if CD is over so we can make another key. just so shitty of craptic to pull off another shady change in hopes they will sell more keys if players forget to make them. :x
What? That doesn't make any sense. It's the other way around, if anything. Under the old system, if you forgot to make a key, you'd have to start and wait for 20 hours. Under the new system, if you forget to make one, well, your cooldown will be over anyway and you can get a key instantly when you need it.

TheHappyLion

Post by TheHappyLion » Sat Mar 03, 2018 01:50

This new way is so much better. I just wish they would cut the cooldown in half.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Mar 03, 2018 06:02

Burlyfish wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 15:39
maybe cryptic has seen at times some players opening chest in same dungeon 5 or 10 times in one day and wonder how they have done so without epic dungeon keys from zen store. Just wait and soon it will be cryptics next move to only allow one of the keys we make for what every type of dungeon to be in inv and can not get another until it is used. Like the freebie dungeon key in PE.
Well, all of my characters have nearly 2000 Epic Keys from VIP, so there's no need to buy any Special dungeon keys from the Zen Market, unless you want to try your luck on the special, secondary chest with a character who has not made any yet. Or the Tiamat Chest etc. I just cannot play all my Alts and use 3 keys a day on each.

And since the Random Queues, I cannot even do a Random Epic for AD because I have not unlocked FBI or ToNG. :x

Either way, this change won't stop us stockpiling campaign keys, unless they introduce a Useful Item Max of one, like you suggest. PWE have actually committed some out-and-out actual frauds and scams over the years, so I understand your lack of trust. But something like that would surely be a step too far, even for them?

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish » Mon Mar 12, 2018 00:24

.delete :idea:
Last edited by Burlyfish on Mon Mar 12, 2018 00:32, edited 2 times in total.

Burlyfish

Post by Burlyfish » Mon Mar 12, 2018 00:27

Burlyfish wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 00:24
PreciousPrincess wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 01:31
Burlyfish wrote:
What? That doesn't make any sense. It's the other way around, if anything. Under the old system, if you forgot to make a key, you'd have to start and wait for 20 hours. Under the new system, if you forget to make one, well, your cooldown will be over anyway and you can get a key instantly when you need it.
Makes plenty of sense just you must not farm/play enough to be able to make a key every day. If you did then you would see we no longer have a reminder to make another key when we collect the one we started the day before. This is all about making it hard on the players that take advantage of making a key each day . So they can sell more legendary keys . They toss it off like it is to help players that forget to make a key 20 hours before they run yet how dumb are they to run a dungeon then realize they don't have a key . I really could care less how long it takes to make one but sucks having to remind myself to make a key each day .Guess in time i might get used to it but changing things that are not busted is a waste of the dev's could spend there time fixing bugs .

Mr.Linux

Post by Mr.Linux » Mon Mar 12, 2018 20:22

I don't know if this issue was caused by recent changes or not. My wife has a character who completed "Fiery Pit" and planted the magic seed. She is short one reward (corrupted text) to get the boon. Has anyone here heard about this occurring to others or yourself? She is buggin me and wants to put $20 on the game to fix this buying some cheat token from the zen store.

Please rescue my wallet!!

PutzBoy78

Post by PutzBoy78 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 01:08

Mr.Linux wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 20:22
I don't know if this issue was caused by recent changes or not. My wife has a character who completed "Fiery Pit" and planted the magic seed. She is short one reward (corrupted text) to get the boon. Has anyone here heard about this occurring to others or yourself? She is buggin me and wants to put $20 on the game to fix this buying some cheat token from the zen store.

Please rescue my wallet!!

not sure specifically what your referring to but I'm assuming you mean the game crashing when trying to go to fiery pit. If so, i wouldn't buy a campaign token for it. Just skip it until they fix it.... of course I'm not the one sleeping on the couch for ignoring my wifes wishes. And no she's not the only one.