SKT 30K VB runs?

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Mr.Linux
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

SKT 30K VB runs?

Post by Mr.Linux » Wed Aug 29, 2018 07:46

Been doing some research and thought maybe someone here has the chances already calculated. I was watching an XB1 player video, who claims 30K per hour. However he should not say "per hour" as this is based upon far too many factors; mount speed, relic availability, map, player skill to navigate, etc.. The reasonable method would be a ratio of Voninblod per 1000 relics found. Which would show how much more can be accumulated by his method. Has anyone done this already? I hate to reinvent the wheel.
  • I know the pet Remorhaz is suppose to harvest 20%/40% more, so I won't question it.
  • The Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist is an unknown % and only promises an increased chance of discovering rarer relics.
    The trowels:
  • White no bonus
  • Green Archaeologist's Trowel, improves the chances of finding higher-quality relics.
  • Purple Master's Trowel, improves the chances of finding higher-quality relics, and gives an unknown chance to find epic relics.
I will check back this weekend and if no one has pointed me in the direction of the missing data, I will set off on digging up the first 1000 relics and go from there. I don't have the Master Trowel yet, but I will buy it from the zen market when or if I get to that stage. It will require me to dig up a total of 4000 relics in total to get the data on the items above.

dupeks
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: SKT 30K VB runs?

Post by dupeks » Wed Aug 29, 2018 18:23

Don't forget historian's regalia. It has an effect similar to Remorhaz (some % chance to drop an additional relic of some quality), but if I remember correctly it triggered independently (meaning it was possible to get 3 relics from one node).

I don't have any firm data, but anecdotally with the full setup you mentioned (+reaglia) I was able to get to roughly 35k vblod in about an hour on 3 separate occasions.

I'd say that the purple trowel is noticeable in the long run, as is regalia. Remorhaz is a tad less reliable / harder to measure since it digs for a relic with a noticeable delay (especially if you have an unpopulated instance, it's not hard to "outpace" your remohraz companion and it's unclear whether it's rolling on every node).

lowjohn

Post by lowjohn » Sat Sep 01, 2018 01:40

Also 1-piece Frostborn set.

Mr.Linux

Post by Mr.Linux » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45

As with the Remorhaz those items have the odds listed. So I really don't see any need to test them?

Test 1: Common Trowel only used to dig 1,000 relics. This will be to get the base score for the other items to be tested.
This is underway but due to the national holiday of workers, which we celebrate by not working, drinking lots of beer, getting into bar fights, and going back to work on Tuesday with a hangover... let's say I didn't get much done over the weekend.

Test 2: Green Archaeologist's Trowel only used to dig 1,000 relics. Since I am suppose to find better relics more often, I am expecting to see the increase in VB when I turn in the relics.

Test 3: Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist and back to Common Trowel only. Again dig 1,000 relics with these items.
Test 4: Master's Trowel only, no potions or other means. Once here I should be able to get very accurate stats on these items. Then anyone could project the outcome by the quantity and not by time.

Time is based on too many variables that would taint the data. Time is not the basis nor should it be the basis for using the gear. The YouTuber just used the it in the title to sell players on the video. For example, which video would you be more likely to view; "Earn 35K VB per hour" or "Earn 253.7% More VB" ? Players on the whole don't think in terms of "getting more is better" as they do "fast is better". The net result is the same no matter how you express it.

dupeks
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by dupeks » Wed Sep 05, 2018 20:06

Mr.Linux wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45
As with the Remorhaz those items have the odds listed. So I really don't see any need to test them?
Tooltips in this game are pretty awful. More often than not, things work subtly differently than specified or include hidden internal cooldowns or caps.

So I'd say usually things are at best as good as their tooltip. And on occasion they are completely broken in the other direction :P

I agree in a "per node" rather than "per unit time" comparison. I would also strongly suggest it's worthwhile to see if the items interact correctly. I now that's a lot of work, so at the very least I'd do a "fully decked" sample with all items and pots on just to see how much better that is over the baseline case.

Mr.Linux

Post by Mr.Linux » Sun Sep 09, 2018 23:44

The random generator Cryptic is using has some long streaks in the bad and good luck, this is why I believe 1,000 to be a good sample size. I figure at most there is a 3% margin for error. So far the testing with the common trowel is picking up 1 artifact per dig as I suspected. The percentages at this point are 70% common, 28% green, and 2% blue. I don't expect to see any purple artifacts at all.

It is going to take me a while before I get complete results.