PC Playing NW in a Window

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Playing NW in a Window

Post by Shadowblade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 09:18

Hi,

In Windows 7 home premium 64 bit:

Is there any way to set the size of the Window for playing NW to be a precise number of pixels without manually adjusting it?

IE, setting the Window on a 1920 x 1200 16:10 monitor to be, say, 960 x 600 or 1280 x 800?

There is nothing in-game. Resolution is only available in full screen mode, but there should be a better way of controlling Window size.

Cheers!

:)
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Mr.Linux
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Playing NW in a Window

Post by Mr.Linux » Wed Sep 19, 2018 20:28

I recall there is a parameter for the launcher under options at the bottom is command line with an input box. What I don't recall is the exact verbiage. It was something like; -windowmode 800 600 or -windowed 1024 768

Ask around the game or search the forums you may find it. But it isn't something I used that often. Sorry.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Sep 20, 2018 00:45

OK, thanks. Google only showed up things like AutoHotKey and other programs, but I wanted a non-software solution.

It's crazy to me that when you right-click on the blue bar of a Window and select SIZE, all you can do is drag with the mouse! You can do that, anyway, without using a menu function!

I want to be able to enter pixels and have the same size every time. It's just so that when I am just invoking while watching a DVD or YT vid on my PC, I can have the NW window at the right size without fiddling about.

Cheers!
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Sep 20, 2018 01:21

Mr.Linux wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 20:28
It was something like; -windowmode 800 600 or -windowed 1024 768
According to the Wiki it's

/screen <integer> <integer> Changes the screen size to specified <width> <height>

So

/screen 1280 800

should work.

Not sure if this is meant for in-game or in the launcher, though.

Cheers!

Mr.Linux
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by Mr.Linux » Thu Sep 20, 2018 23:22

I don't use the Arc Launcher, I use the old default from Cryptic. See here at the bottom is "Command Line". A long while back (sorry memory is fuzzy) I could add something in there -winmode? followed by 2 numbers and it did exactly what you are asking. I just cannot recall the exact word and how to this is done.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Sep 21, 2018 06:40

Yes, that's the actual NW Game launcher Options screen. If you use Arc, it just launches that default game launcher.

I used to have some mip_map thing that was meant to use lower res textures in there. Supposed to help with lag etc at hectic times.

But now I can invoke on my many Alts while watching a DVD if I just enter in Zone chat:

/screen 1024 640

It's a 1920 x 1200, 16:10 monitor. 960 x 600 is too small, but 1024 x 640 is good enough for Ten Bears!

Cheers, thanks for the help!

:)