Level 1 to 70 in 16 hours, exploit or not?

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Mr.Linux
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Level 1 to 70 in 16 hours, exploit or not?

Post by Mr.Linux » Wed Sep 19, 2018 19:53

Somebody posted this Guide on the Forums and it works. Question is this an exploit?

The title suggests you do this during a double XP event. But I tried a new character fresh off the beach. I used Azure Enchantment rank 6 and 7 to get 34% more. Even without the event bonus, you can get any character up to 70 in less than 20 hours. So far, I did one in 16 hours. The video is basic and they could have summed it up like this;

1. Level up as normal to 20, this will take about 10 hours or less.
2. Get jacked up on any and all XP bonuses you can afford.
3. Enter private que for Illusionist's Gambit.
4. Lose over and over. Collect XP.

I took a screen shot from the guild log to show you;
As you can see from the Guild news, I entered IG at 1:30 PM and by 1:48 had increased 5 levels (added on right margin). I got hungry and left at 2:10 with the character at level 30. That is 10 levels in just 40 minutes.

My wife called it a silly exploit, she doesn't care, and all her characters are level 70. I don't think it is an exploit, but how would Cryptic repair it assuming they decide it is an exploit? It will cut into their profits of selling pre-made level 70 characters, especially since you can't buy one until you own a level 70. Will they add more wait time to a skirmish players already don't like to run? This is the only skirmish that allows you to collect the XP and kicked to the curb for losing. I think the developers have themselves between a rock and a hard place on this one.

j0Shi
Site Admin

Re: Level 1 to 70 in 16 hours, exploit or not?

Post by j0Shi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 14:11

Lol. At least people are creative :)

I don't know. Wouldn't call it an exploit (thread is live for weeks anyway...), more like an unintended side effect of the scaling mechanic. We've had issues with this in the past. People were power leveling using level 60 maps like "Siege of Neverwinter" event or taking advantage of reward scaling in CtA when queuing solo.

If I had to guess I would think that they will simply nerf XP gain and move on.
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Sep 22, 2018 01:52

We've always leveled too fast in this game, anyway, but the level scaling thing always screws people up, especially events that raise them from 6 to 60.

My last new character where I tried to do the entire Main Quest, just for the fun of it (as I'd only done it once four years ago), she reached 70 when she was in Vellosk, which is level 35. She had completed all of the Sword Coast Chronicles up to that point, and hadn't touched almost anything else, but then I felt I should start Sharandar, Dread Ring, WoD etc.

And that was without XP boosts.

At 70, I have between 86% to 128% XP bonus on some, including Azure 7, Master of the Hunt Cloak, Howling Greatsword on GWFs (only weapon with a Utility slot), and Prosperity Insignia (which now work again).

But at level 70 it's a whole new deal, as we need fast level ups for Power Points and the RP stones, and sometimes 45k rAD.

But the journey from 1 to 70, THAT is where the fun is for me, and as I've only done that entire journey 1.5 times, it's like I am hoping Mod 15 will have a new Druid class so this time I can try and do it properly!

LOL!

:)
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Mr.Linux
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by Mr.Linux » Thu Sep 27, 2018 04:17

Shadowblade wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 01:52
But the journey from 1 to 70, THAT is where the fun is for me, and as I've only done that entire journey 1.5 times, it's like I am hoping Mod 15 will have a new Druid class so this time I can try and do it properly!

LOL!

:)
My wife has made no mention of a new class on Preview.

The real problem with this company making a druid class is their lack of sticking to the actual game. I know the players with rogues are going nuts over a nerf right now. But as I examine and compare Cryptic's concept of a TR, to the PnP TR, they seem nothing alike one another. Cryptic has some kind of magical assassin wizard, able to summon blades from the ground. No acrobatics, no wall climb, no pick locks (that would put a dent into lock boxes), etc. therefore I doubt they will ever get druids correct. You would probably be better off playing the ranger (another class they made into a spell caster) as they seem to have plant spells?

Meanwhile, I once play tested another MMO for Codeweavers, I know that Dungeon and Dragons Online has more classes. The Druid is free for VIP's, was offered as a premium to players who buy the Menace of the Underdark "Standard" version or the Druid Pack. I haven't tested that game in a very long time. For all I know, druids could be free by now. I just recall thinking they got the skills closer to the PnP game, while I see their downfall is using an outdated game engine and hard to navigate GUI.

Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Sep 27, 2018 04:39

Yes, TR has always struck me as more of an Illusionist/Assassin/Mage. And they could have made more use of Find/Remove Traps, as everyone just runs through them, VIP or not.

As you say, Ranger already has some of the best Plant Spells, but they could, in theory, create some decent Elemental Earth, Air, Fire and Lightning spells, Sun, Weather, Animal and Insect spells. I checked out 4E and 5E and they could have three Feat trees based on the Shape Shifter, Elemental and Control types. Or Summoner.

But we all saw what happened to CW and HR CC powers in PvP and PvE...

I tried DDO, but you had to unlock the Druid, or pay, and I could not remap the controls they way I liked. It just would not allowed certain remaps and key binds, so the game was unplayable for me.

:(
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll: