How to get through Portobellos first dungeon quickly

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
puddles
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVE

How to get through Portobellos first dungeon quickly

Post by puddles » Sat Apr 02, 2016 06:54

After suffering with a BUNCH of Team Fencebane and other retarded PUGs I thought I'd write up a guide to a 3 minute Portobello (first dungeon)

Get rid of your pets. they will do nothing but Bug the drider area

1: First group of mobs. just run past and get to the traps. you can totally ignore them, they may or may not follow, but typically not.

2: the first blade/spike trap. jump to the left or right. don't bother going down the middle. you can typically get down the left or right (on the spikes) with minimum damage. Everyone in my Guild is ViP so i am unsure if a non-vip would have an issue with this.

3: Middle of traps. kill these guys as they will follow and may stop you from clicking door to the dice hallway.

4: Second set of blade/spike traps. same as first. just go down left or right. try shifting

5: At the dice hallway, if you open the door, immediately enter and race down. you don't have to fight anything. just get to the end if you can and make a right into the open area before the drider. if you can't run that far use the two cutouts to wait for the die to pass and then follow it down. you may need to kill the mob at the cutout.

6: once into the open area before the drider kill everything and click the door to go into the drider.

7: Here is where the idiots really shine. The runes on the floor are there to debuff the drider. If you are running around all over them like some spastic retard, you aren't doing anything. The drider has to be on top of it when it explodes. so stop being an idiot and just pull it into one of the runes then kill it quickly.

8: After the drider is dead go into the last hall way. just run to the end and kill everything down at the end. no reason to kill along the way, just drag them along and nuke at the end.

9: Enter the Beholder chamber and just DPS to dead. takes about 15 seconds.

total run is about 3 to 5 minutes. On pure guild runs we do it in less than 3. i personally have 8 characters with over 300 accreditations and it only took a little over 3 hours/character to do it when on guild runs but when on PUG runs with retarded players it takes significantly longer.

kewwl
Favorite Class: Control Wizard
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Re: How to get through Portobellos first dungeon quickly

Post by kewwl » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:16

is the mount supposed to drop in one of these dungeons?

kamaliicious
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by kamaliicious » Sat Apr 02, 2016 13:45

"7: Here is where the idiots really shine. The runes on the floor are there to debuff the drider. If you are running around all over them like some spastic retard, you aren't doing anything. The drider has to be on top of it when it explodes. so stop being an idiot and just pull it into one of the runes then kill it quickly."

That's not quite true. If the party isn't pulling the drider to the runes, you need to be running the runes as that causes them to explode and new runes to spawn. Since they don't always spawn in the same place you will eventually get one spawning under the drider, debuffing it.

puddles

Post by puddles » Sat Apr 02, 2016 13:58

Sure eventually even an idiot gets one to respawn under the drider. I've been in the fencebane groups. I know it eventually happens. Its just not efficient. The goal was to posit an efficient run.

wildfire
Favorite Class: Scourge Warlock

Post by wildfire » Thu Apr 07, 2016 23:24

how did you get 300 accs when there was a limit of 100 at the time of your post?

beckylunatic
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by beckylunatic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 23:48

300 on 8 characters.
"no logs, only fix"

puddles

Post by puddles » Fri Apr 08, 2016 00:22

beckylunatic wrote:300 on 8 characters.
I had a little over 100/character. i typod it and meant to go back. but i do have 24 characters my, my wife, and son ran through. so a little over 2400 runs total. Today we are a little over 200 on quite a few. it takes about an hour to get 100.

We finally just started 3 manning it, with 2 ghosts. Much easier, and no fencebane idiots.

puddles

Post by puddles » Fri Apr 08, 2016 01:42

Ran the artificers one about 15 times. decided i hate it and went back to running traps.

instynctive

Post by instynctive » Fri Apr 08, 2016 18:25

Yeah, but only because you can't speed run it.

Oddly.. that's my favorite one so far.

If only people would realize that there isn't an actual "finish line" in this game...

puddles

Post by puddles » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:54

i have one of each class that i'm getting through the maze campaign. a number i'm using to get influence for stronghold, then one of each class for this event. It has to be speed runs. or i'd never finish anything.