Tool for analysing guild-donations

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
ArchAngelZorak
Favorite Class: Trickster Rogue
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: Tool for analysing guild-donations

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Wed May 23, 2018 21:13

Inititalized>History CollapsedL>DB opened, Previous filled>SetLanguage>SetComponentLanguage>cb Language

so last one was 'cb Language'

I'm using 12 hour format and my language is set to English

STSchiff
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric

Post by STSchiff » Wed May 23, 2018 21:34

Thanks alot :)
Yea, that shouts date trouble at the top of its lung. Good luck setting a 12-hour clock to 23:59:59.....
Try this please: https://github.com/chrisheib/NWO-Donati ... orrect.zip

ArchAngelZorak

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Wed May 23, 2018 21:55

Still the same. I'm gonna dig out my old laptop and test it on that.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Thu May 24, 2018 05:29

Ah, i forgot one of the dates, this should work better now :) Thank you for your patience <3
https://github.com/chrisheib/NWO-Donati ... rect-2.zip

ArchAngelZorak

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Thu May 24, 2018 11:36

Success!

Looks like that last one did the trick. Your very welcome, I'm glad I was able to go through the process and help you get this figured out. Also, thank you for working with me to get it figured out, this will be a very helpful tool for me. Cheers.

ArchAngelZorak

Post by ArchAngelZorak » Thu May 24, 2018 12:30

Got everything up and running, imported a log from a few days ago as well as a fresh log from today. The data was combined and duplicate entries get zero'd out.

Next time you do an update would it be possible to add more 'per account' categories? My guild is currently building up a 3rd stronghold and I'd like the ability to reward the truly helpful on a weekly basis by sending out gifts or running rewards programs. It would also help me find the slackers/hoarders and call them out for not being team players. If my guildies know I have a tool that lets me track all donations they'll be more inclined to donate.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Fri May 25, 2018 15:11

Yea, totally. Some plans for the future include a 'complete' selection, where you only select one of the available ressourcetypes, and one of the types of selecting, aswell as charts of some kind.
Thing is I have a important test in two weeks, and I don't know how much I can concentrate on the tool until then. But with the versionchecker you should be notified when a new version is released :)

Janne

Post by Janne » Fri May 25, 2018 22:12

I want to link to your tool from my parser for those that don't want 'online variant', where should I link? To the post at ARC forums?
BTW when they've made the logs, I've asked for both rotating incremented id for the log lines and the date in ISO, got nothing.....

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Fri May 25, 2018 23:17

I think the best page to link would be the github-releases-page. https://github.com/chrisheib/NWO-Donati ... r/releases
I keep the changelog there and the newest released version is always the first entry.
Well, trips and terramak are working on something in that direction, but I don't know when or how much will change.

Shadowblade
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Post by Shadowblade » Sat May 25, 2019 22:19

I like the look of this!

The basic, in-game commands are OK, but take some playing about with to compare totals by account, by character, by resource etc.

Except the one for player activity - ever since mod 16, or a patch shortly before mod 16, that one crashes the game every time.

Cheers!

PS Also, in-game, with the default commands, some accounts use 24 hour clock and others 12 hour, which is weird.
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Mon May 27, 2019 15:03

Well, I imagine the problem with getting people to trust and use this would be a fear of SQL scripts and an executable, so people would be worried about Trojans and keyloggers etc.

But I cannot get it to work at all.

I can export the donation.csv but when I try to import it I get

---------------------------
Error: Could not read file from disk.
Original error: There were 1 or more exceptions while reading data using type
"NW_Spendenmonitor.DonationDataLine".
---------------------------

:(
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

kvetchus
Favorite Class: Control Wizard

Post by kvetchus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 19:08

I downloaded it just to see how it works and McAfee Endpoint Security immediately threw a warning about a Trojan and deleted the file. I never even tried to run it. *shrug*

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Thu Jun 13, 2019 20:27

@kvetchus Uh, it did? What did it say? I mean there is no trojan in there, it's open source and you can check, but it's the first program i've released to more then a handfull of people, so i got no clue how to design around snake-oil solutions...

kvetchus

Post by kvetchus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 14:13

I don't think you were doing anything malicious and I'm sure it was a false positive. I'll see if I can dig up the log, but it's been a while, I'm not sure what the retention policy is....

kvetchus

Post by kvetchus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 14:49

I couldn't find a log, so I tried to download it again - here's the result:

kvetchus

Post by kvetchus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 14:53

Based on this from McAfee, it's say it's probably a false positive. Basically McAfee is saying it doesn't really know what this file does so... panic! delete! danger will robinson!
https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/po ... d=TS100414

kvetchus

Post by kvetchus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 15:01

Anyway, aside from that, here are a few useful additions idea:
1. Total value of donations per account (based on the Resource Quantity field)
2. Filters for From and To guilds (so, for example, we can see donations to our guild from our guild members only - like for promotion purposes)

Also, when I attempted to Export, I got the following error:

Also, when changing the UI language from German to English some of the column headers remained in German.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Jun 14, 2019 15:13

Some AVs are infamous for false positives. Bitdefender didn't find one for me, though.

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Fri Jun 14, 2019 20:23

As i said, i'm not really experienced in solo app development, so there is a lot of stuff I did thats a bit unconventional, like the version checking and the way the program reads files that might hit some flags in overly cautious antivirus software. I would love for someone with a bit more experience to take a look and suggest improvements.

Hm, i'm not playing neverwinter anymore unfortunately, so i'm not really up to adding features as the improved translation right now, but who knows, maybe in the future. I'll note it down as issues on the github page for future tracking.

Are you sure the file is not in use by another program like excel anymore? exporting to a new file worked fine for me.

I always thought that the total value quantity isn't really useful, because some ress like AD are fewer and more worth (100 is a lot) then some like influence (100 is like nothing).

Feel free to make your own commands tho. You can click on 'Show SQL history', and paste this into the line after 'SQL:'

Code: Select all

select account, sum(resourcequantity) amount from input where time < '2019-01-01' and time > '2018-02-01'  group by account order by amount desc 
Replace the dates with the ones you want to use in 'year-month-day' format and hit 'abfrage'.

Thanks alot for the feedback tho, i wish i'd gotten it like a year or so earlier as i was still actively playing nwo ^^'

STSchiff

Post by STSchiff » Fri Jun 14, 2019 20:33

Shadowblade, you posted with an error message back in may, do you by chance still have the export file and could send it to my, so I could debug the error in my development environment?