PC Constant Crashes

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Constant Crashes

Post by Shadowblade » Sun Aug 12, 2018 19:59

I've heard of people having this before but it's never really affected me until Mod 14.

But recently I've had enough. Things stop responding in-game. I can mover, but nothing will refine or salvage etc and then I disconnect.

After relogging, I get to the game launcher through Arc and when loading the game it crashes.

Repeatedly.

What is happening?

Does it make a difference if I use 32 bit client instead of 64?
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

NicholasM

Re: Constant Crashes

Post by NicholasM » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:52

My client has crashed here and there too. I'm using the 64 bit version. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I'd like to iron this out as well if possible. Did you figure anything out on your own, Shadowblade?

j0Shi
Site Admin

Post by j0Shi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 19:56

I have not had any issues myself, but I rarely use 64-bit, because some of my data-extracting tools that I need for the site only work on the 32-bit client. So I mostly keep it 32-bit because switching constantly is not enjoyable :D
"This information is not official and is not supported by PWE. This content was removed from the official neverwinter forums because it provides information that is potentially false and sheds a negative light on unpublished and unknown drop rates within the game." -melodywhr

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Aug 23, 2018 21:50

Yes, I've been using the 32-bit client and the eu1 proxy server and it's been fine ever since.

So it appears to be something to do with the 64-bit client and possibly the non-proxy server.

The really annoying thing was not so much the SSR and CTD when in-game, but when trying to log back in from the splash screen, CRASH. Every, single time.

But the eu proxy and 32-bit client seems to help a lot.
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll: