PC 6, 7, 8, 9 hours? WTF?

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

6, 7, 8, 9 hours? WTF?

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Sep 13, 2018 21:29

The Extended Maintenance has been extended and extended and extended some more.

But NO data downloaded, so what has been patched? Nothing?

Are they trying to roll back hunt exploiters, but screwed up legit payers as well?

I think we should be told!

:x
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Guam
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Re: 6, 7, 8, 9 hours? WTF?

Post by Guam » Fri Sep 14, 2018 08:08

There was a map reset following the maintenance as well, not sure what all that was about maybe a server side hot fix?

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Fri Sep 14, 2018 09:03

Map reset? No idea hat that is, but it seems to be working now! :)
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

lowjohn
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by lowjohn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 21:25

There were no patch notes and no download because as far as we're concerned, it was "just a server reset" - the same version of Neverwinter went up as the one that came down.

The maintenance was super-long and then extended repeatedly because of server/data centre changes that clearly didn't go according to plan. All the ARC games were down, not just Neverwinter, and even things like the chat server and Preview, that normally stay up, were down.

But once all those were fixed, they started up the same version of Neverwinter as they were running the day before.

This is like the difference between "I can't get to work, my car is in the shop" (a Neverwinter patch) versus "I can't get to work, all the roads are closed". Your car is working fine, there's just nothing to drive it on.

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Sep 15, 2018 00:32

Well, when it finally came up it was sort of "OK" for about 20 minutes, then crashed and kept crashing whenever I clicked PLAY. If it didn't crash, I had the worst lag EVER in more than 4 years. One character couldn't invoke for more than 5 minutes, which is when I gave up.

So I rebooted and reverted to 32 bit client and EU proxy and it improved enough to actually invoke on my Alts in a window while watching a DVD.

What do they actually do with all this "maintenance", because it never improves anything. Defragmenting their server drives would have more effect. Or maybe it's just there's more load on a Friday because more people play? I knew that replacing the hamsters with gerbils wouldn't work!

>:8o