Hello, new player here

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
snipes
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

Hello, new player here

Post by snipes » Fri Nov 02, 2018 01:48

Hi all, just came across this game a few days ago and I'm kinda liking it.

Does anyone have any links to any new player guides that could give me some starting tips? Right now I'm clueless as to what is what, where to spend stat points, what classes are best, is spending cash worth it, etc...

My IGN is snipes, and I'm playing on PC, dragon server I think it is.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to meeting some new peeps!

Methuselas
Favorite Class: Guardian Fighter

Re: Hello, new player here

Post by Methuselas » Fri Nov 02, 2018 14:26

https://nw.mmominds.com/home/

This will get you started, but a new module comes out in a few days, so these may become antiquated. You might want to tell us what your character class is first. Some of the classes don't get major changes. I'm dreading to see how bad my TR and CW got nerfed. I didn't see much of a change a month ago, when I tested them on preview, but I was more interested in the new professions system, as I invested a lot of time and money in the old system since beta.

snipes
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Re: Hello, new player here

Post by snipes » Fri Nov 02, 2018 20:24

Methuselas wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 14:26
https://nw.mmominds.com/home/

This will get you started, but a new module comes out in a few days, so these may become antiquated. You might want to tell us what your character class is first. Some of the classes don't get major changes. I'm dreading to see how bad my TR and CW got nerfed. I didn't see much of a change a month ago, when I tested them on preview, but I was more interested in the new professions system, as I invested a lot of time and money in the old system since beta.
Well, I made a great sword warrior (i think that's the name?), but its the only class I've tried, so I don't know anything about other classes or which I'd prefer most. In an old game I used to play, knight online, i was a warrior. Basically a strong and tanky, fairly high damage dealer, but slow and limited in skills type of character. I don't know which class would best fit that. My other type of character to play in that game was a mage(battle style mage), high damage and aoe and range capabilities, but fairly squishy.

Thanks for the link, will check it out!