BIS Companions for dps

What does not belong in any other section does probably belong here.
Shadowblade
Favorite Class: Devoted Cleric
Preferred Gametype: BOTH

BIS Companions for dps

Post by Shadowblade » Sat Nov 10, 2018 20:22

Regardless of gear slots, what is the best attacking bonus Summoned companion for dps now?

Chultan Tiger
Sell Sword
Con Artist
Something else?

I have a Razorwood from a VIP key, but that strikes me as a good Active Bonus. I am more interested in the best attacks for debuffing the enemy and buffing party damage.

I have all of the above, but Sell Sword and Con Artist Active Bonus is not very good, although their attacks were BIS at one time.

And how useful is an Energon with Bondings?

Cheers!

:)
:shock:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (1775–1817)

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

:roll:

Shadowblade

Re: BIS Companions for dps

Post by Shadowblade » Sun Nov 18, 2018 18:57

Crikey, guys! No hints or tips? It's been 8 days!

I have the old Gateway gear for some companions on some Toons. Is that better than any of the new stuff?

EG, my SW has the gear for Sellword. Would she be better off using a Sellsword than a Chultan Tiger?

Cheers!
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a HAMSTER! man in possession of a good HAMSTER!, must be in want of a QUACK!"

Good to see forum censorship never makes things look worse then they actually were to start with.

STSchiff
Preferred Gametype: PVE

Post by STSchiff » Mon Nov 19, 2018 09:14

Some of the blue and purple MW neckpieces are BIS for companions now afaik.

bellistor
Favorite Class: Great Weapon Fighter

Post by bellistor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 13:00

Summoned: Chultan Tiger
Active: Razorwood, Air-, Earth- and Fire-Archon

Tiger has a %DPS buff, a debuff, 2 ring slots and 3 offensive runestones. Only downside: It feels like the tiger is... lazy... no problem in bossfights but if you want the perfect paingiver penis enlargement by jumping into trash as fast as possible there may be better ones.

Some say Siege Master is better than Earth (requires full HP) or Fire (useless above 50% enemy HP) and they may be right. Depends on your playstyle, your party and the enemy.

Purple masterwork pieces +1 are dope. Neck and belt. For other slots there are only blue ones which are very good too. You safe one enchantment and the total sum of stats is still higher! Once again a penis issue: Reduces your item level. The masterwork rings have the highest/best stats but all those abilities "one enemy, below x% HP to gain xxxx to power/crit" do not work on companions ...ATM.. we are in NW so this changes every patch ^^

//Bellistor

Shadowblade

Post by Shadowblade » Thu Nov 22, 2018 16:14

bellistor wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 13:00
Summoned: Chultan Tiger
Active: Razorwood, Air-, Earth- and Fire-Archon

Tiger has a %DPS buff, a debuff, 2 ring slots and 3 offensive runestones
Yes, I was thinking of something like that, but maybe Siege Master instead of Earth Archon, although some say the extra +0.5% from all three helps.
bellistor wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 13:00
if you want the perfect paingiver penis enlargement by jumping into trash as fast as possible there may be better ones.
Oh, I say!

I have an Epic Erinyes on my SW, and I have a few Epic Sellswords. They have the same gear slots and I have the old Loyal Avenger gear. So I was thinking of moving from Eldritch on the Ioun to Bondings on an Attacker, as that's a slightly higher buff. Although Iouns cannot die, they also they cannot debuff. The Chultan Tiger from Jubilee is BtA, and I have another from a Sale. So maybe that one for my GF?

I just wonder if the Sellsword would work with the SW better than the Tiger. The Loyal Avenger gear has the higher stats, Power, Crit, ArPen, but don't have two Offence slots, they have one of each, OFF, DEF. SW could have Darks in DEF for the LifeSteal, of course.

It's difficult, as I have so many characters I like, but which to focus on and give the best companions?

And then my AC DC...

Cheers!

:)

Elmster

Post by Elmster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 08:28

For dungeons Tiger summoned, air/earth/razorwood and a choice of raptor/compy/siege/war boar/batiri is the BiS composition depending on setup.